Auto Bee Breeding

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Scott Bradley

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a good auto bee breeding design of their own or one you can link me to? It would be good if this design could be replicated on a massive scale.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you make bread out of your bees? D:

* coughs *

If you're looking for an automatic breeder, do you mean something that'll just cycle your bees when they die so you don't have to keep checking on them? Or do you mean something that'll actually sort the bees by genetics and actually make informed choices on which drones to breed? The former is significantly easier than the latter.

Chance

Jul 29, 2019
1 wooden pipe, 1 autarchic gate, 1 apiarist pipe, 1 stone or cobble stone pipe. Set the the apiarist pipe to send bees back into the apiary or alvery. If you want the items, send them off in a different spot.

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a good auto bee breading design of their own or one you can link me to?

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup of bread crumbs

In small bowl, combine flour, salt, paprika and pepper. In another small bowl, combine egg and Worcestershire sauce. Coat bees with seasoned flour; dip in egg mixture, and coat with crumbs. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown bees on one side until golden brown (about 3 minutes); turn and continue cooking for another 4 minutes. Serve hot.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I use Redpower for mine. Basically what you're seeing here is a row of apiaries with a retriever to pull everything out of the results slot. The bottom filter is set for ONLY drones of the current species I'm working with. The filter to the chest is filtered for ONLY honeycombs. The top one is unfiltered, but the only thing left to travel that path are princesses (didn't want to waste a princess in the filter as those are non-renewable). The apiarist's chest at the end catches all extra drones. I use this setup to automate drone production of whatever species I need. I don't worry about keeping frames in there as this is only a drone factory.

kWkgqAi.png

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I was using a setup with buildcraft and apiarist pipes.
But i lost some princesses don't know why.
Is it possible when a Queen dies that there is no new princess?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
I was using a setup with buildcraft and apiarist pipes.
But i lost some princesses don't know why.
Is it possible when a Queen dies that there is no new princess?
Natural princesses and queens do not die.

Unnatural source is the swarmer produced princess, which are also in nei.

Your pipes are the most likely source of the loss.