Auctionwolf - GAME THREAD

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
... I can't top that.

One coin on the bug
Here Robijn cannot top only 10 coins, despite never having bought something before. We should've realised this. This means that somebody on his team must have bought something. It could've been from the black market, but this is unlikely, as it would've had to be the poison vial on the first day, which would've been useless as at the time, no medkits or vests were up for auction. This means that either shaz (who bought the CCTV camera for 5 coins) or leth (who bought the data file for 12 coins) or nojr (who bought the love potion for 12 coins) must be a wolf. Assuming that wolves started on 15 coins too, they gained 5 after the first kill. This gives them a potential of 20 coins. If it was shaz, they would have 15 coins left, giving them enough money to top the previous bid. There is a very unlikely possibility that robijn didn't realise he gained 5 coins, but other than that, shaz is definitely fine. It couldn't be leth, as he spent a lot of money on a data file that was just going to be killed by the wolves, and he actively opposed robijn. This leaves nojr. Therefore, it is EXTREMELY likely that nojr is a wolf. vote nojr

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
5 on Lot 2.

I'm still ruminating on whom to vote next. Cheese may very well be an innocent right now.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Also, I'm basically confirmed innocent, as I could've saved robijn but I lynched him. NOBODY OUTBID ME FROM NOW ON. IF YOU DO YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A WOLF. bid 4 on lot 2

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Actually vote LAC, you begged me to pick you as a lover, and that it would "confirm my win" with the star-crossed lover.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Actually vote LAC, you begged me to pick you as a lover, and that it would "confirm my win" with the star-crossed lover.
Nope. Mis-quote. I said that you are a wolf, so pick an innocent that is not me, and we can win with the Star-crossed lovers. However, I'm now not sure if he is a wolf. It is possible that robijn simply got his maths wrong.

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Nope. Mis-quote. I said that you are a wolf, so pick an innocent that is not me, and we can win with the Star-crossed lovers. However, I'm now not sure if he is a wolf. It is possible that robijn simply got his maths wrong.
While it is possible that robijn got the maths wrong, nojr is actually misquoting me, as well as using extremely faulty logic to try and change it to a bandwagon on me. I'm clearly innocent, as I literally choose robijn to die. I could've sacrificed him to make myself look innocent, but let's be honest here, that's incredibly unlikely. I still think it's nojr.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Vote Nojr. Agreeing with Cheese's reasoning here.

For full disclosure, the "vague feeling" I had about Robijn yesterday was because it seemed to me like he had inadvertently outed himself as a wolf- the rolesheet did say that peeps would get ten coins, which seems to be where he was coming from; yet several players (myself included) had 15. This smelled like a GM error to me, so I didn't want to say it out loud.

Anyway, here's my reasoning for today:
The wolves, as I understand it, started with a shared pool of 15 coins (probably?), and gain five more with each successful kill. So, at maximum, they can have 25 coins. However, robijn (proven wolf) already bought that bug yesterday for seven coins. If Nojr is also a wolf, then the love potion he bought for 12 coins on day 1 would count toward that total as well. Assuming that the auction takes place before the lynch, that leaves them with six coins, by my calculations. Which, coincidentally, is exactly the amount that Cheese bid on Shaz's data file today.

Cheese has also placed so-far-uncontested bids on the other two items today.

Here's what I'm thinking. If Cheese is indeed a villager, as he says, he's got plenty of gold to take home all three items. If he's a wolf, then he'll get the seance and the vest, but will go overbudget on the data file, which will fall through to Leth.

If Nojr flips wolf and Cheese correctly identifies Shaz's alignment, then I will be fully convinced that either Cheese has been telling the truth this whole time or that he and Leth are in cahoots.

If Nojr flips wolf and Leth, instead, correctly identifies Shaz's alignment, then Cheese must be a wolf.
On that topic, bid zero on lot 3. (does this even work? If it does, the vest will fall through to me if Cheese and Leth are both wolves. Worth a shot- not like it'll cost me anything)

If Nojr flips town, all bets are off. no pun intended