Auctionwolf - GAME THREAD

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Vote Nojr. Agreeing with Cheese's reasoning here.

For full disclosure, the "vague feeling" I had about Robijn yesterday was because it seemed to me like he had inadvertently outed himself as a wolf- the rolesheet did say that peeps would get ten coins, which seems to be where he was coming from; yet several players (myself included) had 15. This smelled like a GM error to me, so I didn't want to say it out loud.

Anyway, here's my reasoning for today:
The wolves, as I understand it, started with a shared pool of 15 coins (probably?), and gain five more with each successful kill. So, at maximum, they can have 25 coins. However, robijn (proven wolf) already bought that bug yesterday for seven coins. If Nojr is also a wolf, then the love potion he bought for 12 coins on day 1 would count toward that total as well. Assuming that the auction takes place before the lynch, that leaves them with six coins, by my calculations. Which, coincidentally, is exactly the amount that Cheese bid on Shaz's data file today.

Cheese has also placed so-far-uncontested bids on the other two items today.

Here's what I'm thinking. If Cheese is indeed a villager, as he says, he's got plenty of gold to take home all three items. If he's a wolf, then he'll get the seance and the vest, but will go overbudget on the data file, which will fall through to Leth.

If Nojr flips wolf and Cheese correctly identifies Shaz's alignment, then I will be fully convinced that either Cheese has been telling the truth this whole time or that he and Leth are in cahoots.

If Nojr flips wolf and Leth, instead, correctly identifies Shaz's alignment, then Cheese must be a wolf.
On that topic, bid zero on lot 3. (does this even work? If it does, the vest will fall through to me if Cheese and Leth are both wolves. Worth a shot- not like it'll cost me anything)

If Nojr flips town, all bets are off. no pun intended
Shaz will likely be killed by wolves today.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Vote Nojr.

I agree with SE's assessment so far. I will even point out that Cheese and I are not in communication with each other.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese
P

profrags

Even though cheese thinks I'm a wolf I agree most of his reasoning for now. Vote nojr

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
SO TOWN! THIS IS THE PLAN!!!!

I get lynched tonight, and my lover (Shaz) gets LAC (The first that voted for me) killed, which turns him into a town. He will tell you all the killers so you can lynch all of them!

Remember, Shazam will turn town this night if I am lynched, and LAC is killed. (Star-crossed lovers)

So! FOLLOW SHAZ AND DO AS HE SAY!!!!!

WE SHALL WIN!

TRUST SHAZAM TOMORROW!!!

END OF DAY!

Reactions: Shazam08

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
vote nojr? He seems rather happy to die, although I thought that star-crossed lovers don't know that they're star crossed lovers... It's either that Nojr is killer(not likely) or that Shaz betrayed his killer friends...

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
As the party stumbled in to the auctionhouse at the end of another day, it seemed they had reached a united decision. One of their number had known of a killer, and had not told them. Rather than lynch the killer though, they decided to vote for the innocent instead. "Yeah, even I'm still trying to figure that one out myself."

Nonetheless, Nojr was executed, screaming a prophetic message of things to come. However, the following morning everybody was still alive.

016Nojr was lynched! He was innocent!
RealKC lost his grace smite!

Day 3 Auction

Lot 1: Data file - Someone Else 37
Lot 2: Medkit
Lot 3: Balaclava

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Heya! I was Nojr's star-crossed lover. Since he's dead, I'm part of the town now (and know the last wolf).

Complication, though- I still have to kill Nojr's killer to win (that's Cheese). I wolfkilled him last night, but I missed his bid on the Vest. If we lynch him today, fulfilling my extra condition, I can reveal the other wolf and everyone wins. On board?

@LivingAngryCheese: Are you okay with this plan? I know you're the most proven townie in the game, but we can win tomorrow if this goes through. I have no reason to lie about this.

Reactions: 016Nojr

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I bet RJS was giggling when he saw the star-crossed thing kick into action. Much more entertaining than the usual life-linked lovers thing.

So yeah, vote Cheese the confirmed townie. Assuming, of course, that the lynch comes before the wolfkill and that by lynching Cheese, we can satisfy Shazam's win condition before the wolves can nullify it. We'll write it down as a noble self-sacrifice in the name of crooked labels, kittens, puppies and all things awesome, mmkay?

Anyone still got a medkit kicking around? If so, this would be an excellent time to throw it at Shazam.

On that note, bid 26 on lot 2. Ain't no way that the wolves could possibly have more than 25 today- they are rewarded only for successful kills, and the kill last night was not. In fact, if the auction takes place before the lynch (which I assumed was the case in my post yesterday), then robijn's purchase the other day would reduce their maximum balance 18... but on re-reading the rolesheet, it's not clear whether or not that is actually the case. At any rate, if my bid on the medkit goes through, then there is no way I could possibly be a wolf.

And yes, I'm throwing it at Shazam tonight if I am actually permitted to use an item on the very night on which I buy it.

Also, some peeps should place lower bids on the medkit, so that if my bid does go overbudget (it won't, but you don't have to take my word for it), somebody will wind up with it and call me out.

Finally, Shazam, just in case the medkit thing doesn't work out, it would not be a bad idea to whisper your secret to somebody before day's end.

Reactions: 016Nojr

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Can confirm, Shaz is, (or was) a wolf. However, shaz, now that you are supposedly a townie, tell us who the last wolf is, as they will clearly be killing you tonight. Also, I told you Shaz would be a wolf if nojr is innocent

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Finally, Shazam, just in case the medkit thing doesn't work out, it would not be a bad idea to whisper your secret to somebody before day's end.
However, shaz, now that you are supposedly a townie, tell us who the last wolf is, as they will clearly be killing you tonight.
I'll whisper it to someone, or say something in the thread near the end of the day. It'd be seriously against my interests to tell you now. :p

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
I'll whisper it to someone, or say something in the thread near the end of the day. It'd be seriously against my interests to tell you now. :p
i was concerned about this last night... :p

vote LivingAngryCheese
Bid 5 on lot 3

Last edited: