Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an alternative for the DSU? I want to have a max integer storage thingy, but I don't like the rest of MFR at all.
Is there any other mod that adds something like that - specially if it's JUST that?
Have to ask: Why don't you like MFR?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there an alternative for the DSU? I want to have a max integer storage thingy, but I don't like the rest of MFR at all.
Is there any other mod that adds something like that - specially if it's JUST that?
Once you have filled an upgraded barrel(of any kind), a decent sized ME disk/Extra cells Block storage cell or the likes, I seriously doubt you need to store more. Just set up some automated disposal like using ME priority to send it to a trash can once cells/barrels/whatever are full.

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
The closest thing to a DSU outside of MFR is probibly a max upgraded JABBA Barrel, or maybe that single type Extra cell AE cell. I don't think anything else gets you max int storage though, although I could be mistaken.

I tried the JABBA Barrel, but it isn't nearly enough. I'll have to test extra cells, that might just do it.

Have to ask: Why don't you like MFR?
I don't really like its design decisions when it comes to how machines and "balance" work. Instead of building a super-fun-to-build frame-based tree farm or something equally ridiculous, I'd just end up popping down a block, feeding it power, planting trees in front of it and it's 10x more efficient than my well-though out tree farm. I might as well not play minecraft at that point. And that's just one example. I guess it always comes down to playstyle.

Once you have filled an upgraded barrel(of any kind), a decent sized ME disk/Extra cells Block storage cell or the likes, I seriously doubt you need to store more. Just set up some automated disposal like using ME priority to send it to a trash can once cells/barrels/whatever are full.

Nah, the entire point is *storing* that much something :)

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
Use it to build something instead :p
Don't be afraid to use metal or gem blocks for building materials.
Even if I were to use the material to build, it still wouldn't be enough, and the hoarder impulse is just too strong to start voiding stuff :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Given a choice between 1. storing stuff, and 2. spending 63 years placing them as blocks (2 billion blocks at 1 per second), I'd store them. And not everything is placeable.
Hence why I said you would never need to store that many anyway. Something like a 1k ME storage disk is probably enough for most items.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The closest thing to a DSU outside of MFR is probibly a max upgraded JABBA Barrel, or maybe that single type Extra cell AE cell. I don't think anything else gets you max int storage though, although I could be mistaken.

you also have the caches from Thermal Expansion that can store quite some items, though I don't know if they're enchantable aswell like the satchels and strongboxes are

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Hence why I said you would never need to store that many anyway. Something like a 1k ME storage disk is probably enough for most items.
He's already said what he wants. And placing blocks in the world is not the only use for items. They can always be condensed down into singularities, that's a legit reason for having lots and lots of items. What's the point in saying "that thing you want to do, don't do it, because I don't think it's worthwhile"? Just leave it to people who do have an inclination to answer the question.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
He's already said what he wants. And placing blocks in the world is not the only use for items. They can always be condensed down into singularities, that's a legit reason for having lots and lots of items. What's the point in saying "that thing you want to do, don't do it, because I don't think it's worthwhile"? Just leave it to people who do have an inclination to answer the question.
Sorry. I was just giving him an alternative in a friendly as possible manner(and partly joking). And from the responses I got I am pretty sure he took it as such.
Sorry that you somehow got offended by it.

And oh if you are saving up materials just to condense into singularities, then you might as well use the ME priority setup I described to automatically export excess items into the Condenser(instead of trash can) once limits are met(if you don't just exploit the Extracell fluid cells to create singularities :p).

Last edited:
Reactions: PhilHibbs

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
How does DW20 clear out his text input box (in NEI or AE terminal) with a single click, and not just clicking in the text box and backspacing over the characters already in the text box? Like, he clicks in the text box, then all the text disappears. (Pretty sure he's not cutting and editing the video)

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
Straight to the question, I love this thread!

Is there any block\system setup in FTB Infinity which allows to know if a player is online?
Back in the FTB Ultimate there was the Online Player detector from tube stuff (http://ftbwiki.org/Online_player_detector), how this functionality can be emulated in Inifnity?

I am not interested in blocks which detects if players are nearby, or if they right click a block (see ComputerCraft detector) etc. I'd like to know -emit a redstone signal- when a player is online on the server. No matter where in the world\ages

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
How does DW20 clear out his text input box (in NEI or AE terminal) with a single click, and not just clicking in the text box and backspacing over the characters already in the text box? Like, he clicks in the text box, then all the text disappears. (Pretty sure he's not cutting and editing the video)

Right-Click

Straight to the question, I love this thread!

Is there any block\system setup in FTB Infinity which allows to know if a player is online?
Back in the FTB Ultimate there was the Online Player detector from tube stuff (http://ftbwiki.org/Online_player_detector), how this functionality can be emulated in Inifnity?

I am not interested in blocks which detects if players are nearby, or if they right click a block (see ComputerCraft detector) etc. I'd like to know -emit a redstone signal- when a player is online on the server. No matter where in the world\ages

If it has Random Things, that had an online detector. I'm not very familiar with Infinity's modlist though.

Reactions: loboca

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019

Right click for NEI, don't recall for AE.

Reactions: loboca and Maxiride

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
Can I chunk load in single player world yet, ain't played in months?
You can chunkload it, but the whole game will stop running once you log off of it.
Only solution is having your server hosted separately either on you own computer, a secondary one connected by LAN or renting one from a hosting company.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can I chunk load in single player world yet, ain't played in months?
You have been able to chunkload in singleplayer for years. But I suspect what you mean by "chunkloading" is not really chunkloading. The game is divided up into small squares and all of these are processed individually. For these to be processed they need to be loaded by someone or something. Usually this is caused by the player which at render distance Far loads chunks in a 10 chunk radius(441 chunks). But to have stuff going on while the player is not standing around mods add chunkloaders to keep the chunks loaded. This is chunkloading.

What you probably want is your game to progress(with the use of chunkloaders or by building in the spawnchunks) after you quit it. This is not possible without a server as the world cannot magically process it self once you shut off your computer/quits the game.