Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
As long as you change it to a biome ID that isn't in use then it should be fine. It won't revert the already generated terrain but it will fix the error ed generation
Cool thanks. Did a biome ID dump so I could see which ones were not being used and changed them to that. Hopefully I won't get more biomes filled with thorns now.. Yikes!

Tom Hammond

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

Just wondering is there a way to stop grass and flowers etc from spawning? Im trying to wash it away from land and it keeps growing back. Also when trying to make electronic circuits i need to use iron plates instead of iron ingots, is there a way to turn this off. Ive seen people use just iron ingots but for some reason i have to use iron plates? Any reply would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

Just wondering is there a way to stop grass and flowers etc from spawning? Im trying to wash it away from land and it keeps growing back. Also when trying to make electronic circuits i need to use iron plates instead of iron ingots, is there a way to turn this off. Ive seen people use just iron ingots but for some reason i have to use iron plates? Any reply would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
for flora issues: do you have a sprinkler? if so that's what is causing your issues

for your mecha: ingots were a pre-1.6 thing (may have been pre-1.5, I don't use IC2-exp unless I have to. But you require plates now. I don't think you can change it

Tom Hammond

Jul 29, 2019
for flora issues: do you have a sprinkler? if so that's what is causing your issues

for your mecha: ingots were a pre-1.6 thing (may have been pre-1.5, I don't use IC2-exp unless I have to. But you require plates now. I don't think you can change it
I have no sprinkler Ive just started the world so not set up yet. And thats annoying, so i have to use the forge hammer thing right? to create the iron plate?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
And thats annoying, so i have to use the forge hammer thing right? to create the iron plate?
You can also automate the creation of the plates with the Metal Former(which also gives you a discount on materials needed).

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
With iguana's yes. But only if the tool is at full durability. In vanilla tinkers? Absolutely not. Once a tool is made, there's no editing it.

Just posting to confirm, yes, although the tool was "broken" and I couldn't mine with it, once it auto repaired up to full durability it let me switch out the head no problem.
---

Is there a simple mod our add-on that shows the defensive value of armor pieces? Using metallurgy, I have no idea what's worth crafting without outside resources.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing on Direwolf20 1.7.10 (1.0.3) and am attempting the steve's factory manager livingwood and livingrock automation that he showed in S7E46.

I found one issue myself after a lot of frustration but have just found another.

So the one I found myself is that when he showed white listing the wood and stone in the last output command he did not mention that the amount should be set to 1 for each item - if this is not done each blockgate unloads the contents of the chest on that blockgate (1 placed the rest as dropped items)

The issue now is if I have both wood and stone in the chest each blockgate places 1 of the first item in the chest and drops 1 of the other - so I get 8 wood or stone placed and 8 of the other one as dropped items.

It is not a huge problem presently as I simply place a stack of either in the chest but not both. But if I automate it and was to remove 8 or more of each from the network both would automatically be sent to the chest.

I am sure the answer is simple if you know it but I must have missed something simple.

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Have two Witchery questions. 1: Is there a list of blocks that effect the altar? 2: What is the range on the altar's area of scanning?

LostRavens

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone got a good way to power Thermal expansion machines in FTB infinity 1.0? Or, a cable that will work with them?..

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
BC kinsis pipes are probably the cheapest option, they work as they did in the old days still, wood (or emerald) too pull into a network of other pipes.

If you really dislike BC, the Extra Utils Energy nodes are the only other pipe in the pack i'm aware of that does not need power, other than that you can usually put energy source right next to energy consumer as a temporary measure if you wish to use the Ender IO conduits.