Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok I may have asked this before and I apologize if so. Is there any way to determine what slot numbers a given block uses? Particularly a multiblock? Very specifically the Minechem Fusion Reactor?

I want to be able to direct inputs to specific slots (possibly using Gregtech's Robotic Arm cover) but can't figure out which slot numbers to use.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Ok I may have asked this before and I apologize if so. Is there any way to determine what slot numbers a given block uses? Particularly a multiblock? Very specifically the Minechem Fusion Reactor?

I want to be able to direct inputs to specific slots (possibly using Gregtech's Robotic Arm cover) but can't figure out which slot numbers to use.

experiment; try putting things in slot 1 then in slot 2 etc.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
This is going to sound daft, but I just don't get TE4. Why are there augments for configurable sides and auto-eject when most machines still have this by default?

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
That would be a nice way to access a specific slot but I didn't think it could identify them.
When SFM isn't the answer, ComputerCraft is.

I don't know if that's still a thing in 1.7, but in 1.6, CC had a bunch of methods that could interract in very precise manners with inventory slots. IIRC, it was added by OpenPeripherals, but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: Yeah, it was deffinitelly OpenPeripherals. use cd openp then docs <side> to get a list of methods.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
This is going to sound daft, but I just don't get TE4. Why are there augments for configurable sides and auto-eject when most machines still have this by default?
Hey! Haven't seen you in a while.
By "default", most TE4 machines have these augments already installed when you place them down for the first time. You can then remove/replace these existing augments with different/better ones. For instance, if (for some reason) you don't want/need redstone control and would rather replace it by something more useful in a certain situation, you can do that. Y'know, I might be daft as well...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
For example, if you want to have the level 2 overclock and efficiency upgrades on your dynamos, but have enough constant power draw (i.e. from an AE system or a quarry) that you don't care about redstone control, you could take out the redstone control augment that the dynamos come with to make room for the level 2 speed/efficiency augment.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
When SFM isn't the answer, ComputerCraft is.

I don't know if that's still a thing in 1.7, but in 1.6, CC had a bunch of methods that could interract in very precise manners with inventory slots. IIRC, it was added by OpenPeripherals, but I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT: Yeah, it was deffinitelly OpenPeripherals. use cd openp then docs <side> to get a list of methods.
I wonder if OpenComputers does something similar, since its already in the pack :)

Vogon

Jul 29, 2019
Are we able to use the blood from the blood lakes on the Nether Biome from BiomesO'Plenty in Blood Magic Altar? I tried piping it in with Ender IO conduits but no luck...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Are we able to use the blood from the blood lakes on the Nether Biome from BiomesO'Plenty in Blood Magic Altar? I tried piping it in with Ender IO conduits but no luck...
No. This is a different kind of blood than Blood Magic's. Same thing with TiCo's blood.
Also it would be slightly OP.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Anyone know if Thaumcraft void armor actually causes warp when worn? I tested it a good bit and didn't get any, which leads me to believe that the Warping enchant thing is basically just free repair. Can anyone confirm this?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Warping effective adds on to your warp level as long as you have it equipped. Once you take it off, the warp level goes with it.

It's something to help you with your level of warp if you do not have enough but yet do not want to obtain too much sticky/permanent warp.

Reactions: Someone Else 37

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
No. This is a different kind of blood than Blood Magic's. Same thing with TiCo's blood.
Also it would be slightly OP.
Eh. It would only be 1000 LP per bucket, and the blood would transfer in incredibly slowly, and in total, it would be much faster and easier to just use your own/monsters' blood.