Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Eh. It would only be 1000 LP per bucket, and the blood would transfer in incredibly slowly, and in total, it would be much faster and easier to just use your own/monsters' blood.
But you could make a whole bunch of dislocation runes
But well, not really early game

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
Not that its slow but the nether is infinite so in turn with that blood being there its also infinite so would kinda break the balance for blood magic

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Not that its slow but the nether is infinite so in turn with that blood being there its also infinite so would kinda break the balance for blood magic
Well mobs from a spawner or your own blood (or rather food) are kinda infinite as well

Reactions: PierceSG

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Yeah, because moving a pump every five minutes sounds so much more fun than sacrificing a few mobs.

And as ljfa said, the Nether may be infinite, but it's nowhere near as convenient than using the infinite reserves of blood in your own/monsters' veins.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yeah, because moving a pump every five minutes sounds so much more fun than sacrificing a few mobs.

And as ljfa said, the Nether may be infinite, but it's nowhere near as convenient than using the infinite reserves of blood in your own/monsters' veins.
If TiCo blood could be used in the Altar, you'd just need a smeltery and a block of cobblestone (melted into seared stone) to produce blood from monsters automatically without needing a well of suffering. Granted, you'd still need a bunch of dislocation runes to get it into the altar, and I have no idea how the efficiency would compare to a Well of Suffering with a bunch of sacrifice runes... but it's more hands-off than pumping lakes in the Nether.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Blast proof controllable light sources?

Or just surround the existing one with hardened glass slabs?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Blast proof controllable light sources?

Or just surround the existing one with hardened glass slabs?
How about warded glowstone? oh controllable
Well there are many options for light sources (ProjectRed, Illuminators, Lumium lamps, ...). Maybe one of those is blast proof. Try it out.

And I'm not sure if microblock slabs actually block explosions.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
How about warded glowstone? oh controllable
Well there are many options for light sources (ProjectRed, Illuminators, Lumium lamps, ...). Maybe one of those is blast proof. Try it out.

And I'm not sure if microblock slabs actually block explosions.

ProjectRed Lamps aren't. That's what I'm currently using.

They do, it's what I'm protecting the grinder and plumbing in the spawner room with. :D

{edit to add}

Okay, I found a solution that makes me happy -- the ProjectRed caged lights support microblocks, so I can inset them, cover with a hardened glass slab and have it be flush to the ceiling.

cFyhC0P.png

{/edit}

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
If TiCo blood could be used in the Altar, you'd just need a smeltery and a block of cobblestone (melted into seared stone) to produce blood from monsters automatically without needing a well of suffering. Granted, you'd still need a bunch of dislocation runes to get it into the altar, and I have no idea how the efficiency would compare to a Well of Suffering with a bunch of sacrifice runes... but it's more hands-off than pumping lakes in the Nether.
iirc, the smeltery is like 20 mb per heart. Not too efficient.

Tdubz

Jul 29, 2019
I am having issues with lag due to quarries from some of the players on my server. What is the best method (or mod) to use for a quarry with the least amount of issues?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I am having issues with lag due to quarries from some of the players on my server. What is the best method (or mod) to use for a quarry with the least amount of issues?
The Ender Quarry from extra utilities was designed for optimal server performance. It only loads the chunk it's working on. So a well-build quarry will only have like two or three chunks loaded at a time.

Reactions: Tdubz and PierceSG

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
When you say lag, what in particular do you mean? I am guessing that your issue is probably due to someone miss-guided flooded the quarry or the quarry unearthed some kind of fluid. All the liquid updates is really bad for the server and clients in range. You really should force people to use either the Ender-Quarry or QuarryPlus+PumpPlus instead to deal with fluids.

The MFR laser drill(combined with a cobblegen) could of course completely eliminate the need to quarry as such, but I am not sure that the infrastructure needed to run enough of them to compare to a quarry is a worthwhile tradeoff.

The Ender Quarry from extra utilities was designed for optimal server performance. It only loads the chunk it's working on. So a well-build quarry will only have like two or three chunks loaded at a time.
Chunkloading the 17 chunks a normal BC quarry loads in which nothing except quarrying takes place should not be causing any serious problems. Definitely not any lag issues. It is true that enough quarries will count up the total amount of RAM needed on the server, and in that respect is is a good idea to use either Enderquarry or QuarryPlus that only loads a few chunks instead of them all.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
Can Tinker's Construct tools that are broken but have been auto repaired to full durability have their parts replaced? Specifically, with the Iguana Tweaks mod installed? (Is it still called that?)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Can Tinker's Construct tools that are broken but have been auto repaired to full durability have their parts replaced? Specifically, with the Iguana Tweaks mod installed? (Is it still called that?)
With iguana's yes. But only if the tool is at full durability. In vanilla tinkers? Absolutely not. Once a tool is made, there's no editing it.

Reactions: jokermatt999

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making a dw20 whitelisted server and I want to change the extra bees config but I can't find it. Does extra bees go by a different name in the mod/config files?

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Could a .BAT be written to completely flush my FTB files? Something seems to be really screwed up some how. In the way that everything just takes *ages* now for no apparant reason, A reinstall is logical but FTB is spread out in my Roaming folder thruoughly (I'm definitely making a folder just for FTB in the future)

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
Could a .BAT be written to completely flush my FTB files? Something seems to be really screwed up some how. In the way that everything just takes *ages* now for no apparant reason, A reinstall is logical but FTB is spread out in my Roaming folder thruoughly (I'm definitely making a folder just for FTB in the future)
Rather than reinstalling you might need to increase ram devoted to ftb

Softpotatis

Jul 29, 2019
I added Ars Magica 2 to my Infinity instance and I now notice that some Twilight Forest biomes spawn in my overworld. Anyone know what I need to change to fix that?