Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
To be more specific, like i probably should have been in the first place, I'm making a modpack and I would like to make the map a superflat version of the overworld. It's going to be for 1.7.10, but it looks like Mystcraft hasn't updated yet and even then I need to use it for the overworld. That, and Mystcraft isn't going to be in the pack, so weirdness.

EDIT: While i'm here, and i can't seem to access the support site, can anyone tell me how to fix this?: http://pastebin.com/7WAKXXg9
Overworld fix... hmm... I have never explored it, but it depends whether you need different biomes, or you just want different terrain. As I think with the vanilla superflat tweaker (thing you get when making a world) you can force it to look like different biomes (grass floor. sand floor, etc.)

As for the crash, I am not great with crashlogs that aren't from a "vanilla" launcher. But it looks like you are giving 1 gig of RAM... so I would assume it is that

Reactions: Wagon153

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
To be more specific, like i probably should have been in the first place, I'm making a modpack and I would like to make the map a superflat version of the overworld. It's going to be for 1.7.10, but it looks like Mystcraft hasn't updated yet and even then I need to use it for the overworld. That, and Mystcraft isn't going to be in the pack, so weirdness.

EDIT: While i'm here, and i can't seem to access the support site, can anyone tell me how to fix this?: http://pastebin.com/7WAKXXg9
Ah, okay then. Can't help you there (but Mystcraft for 1.7.2 does work on 1.7.10, BTW).
However for the crashlog: you need to have both OpenBlocks snapshot 430 and OpenModsLib snapshot 223, both from http://openmods.info:8080/ in your mods folder. I had the same issue... :p

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Ah, okay then. Can't help you there (but Mystcraft for 1.7.2 does work on 1.7.10, BTW).
However for the crashlog: you need to have both OpenBlocks snapshot 430 and OpenModsLib snapshot 223, both from http://openmods.info:8080/ in your mods folder. I had the same issue... :p
When you say works...

It crashes the game if you make an age and kicks everyone from the server when a Linkbook is used.

However, 1.7.10 Mystcraft is right around the corner

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Overworld fix... hmm... I have never explored it, but it depends whether you need different biomes, or you just want different terrain. As I think with the vanilla superflat tweaker (thing you get when making a world) you can force it to look like different biomes (grass floor. sand floor, etc.)

As for the crash, I am not great with crashlogs that aren't from a "vanilla" launcher. But it looks like you are giving 1 gig of RAM... so I would assume it is that
I've played with Minecraft's superflat presets and It still doesn't seem like it's possible to generate multiple biomes. I'm wanting to have Forestry in my pack, so i'd need multiple biomes for it, but not all of it's addons seem to have updated yet.

Thanks for the ram thing, i thought i did that already.

Thanks, I can successfully launch now.

Reactions: Eruantien

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I know you can make a super flat world to generate as the nether but other then that I dont even think you can make generate anything other then plains

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I know you can make a super flat world to generate as the nether but other then that I dont even think you can make generate anything other then plains

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
You can make it use any biome so long as you input the correct biome number.

Classic flat: 3;minecraft:bedrock,2*minecraft:dirt,minecraft:grass;1;village
Same thing, but Roofed forest biome instead of plains: 3;minecraft:bedrock,2*minecraft:dirt,minecraft:grass;29;village

Also, anyone know what this crash means? http://pastebin.com/WMHNwjYL

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You can make it use any biome so long as you input the correct biome number.

Classic flat: 3;minecraft:bedrock,2*minecraft:dirt,minecraft:grass;1;village
Same thing, but Roofed forest biome instead of plains: 3;minecraft:bedrock,2*minecraft:dirt,minecraft:grass;29;village

Also, anyone know what this crash means? http://pastebin.com/WMHNwjYL
Crash report:
1 of two possibilities:
1) You have something that requires Tinkers' Construct (Tinkers' mechworks for example), but you don't have it
2) You have TiCon but not Mantle

As for the forestry biome thingy... If you use minetweaker, you could have it so the player is able to craft the different hives. And then have Gendustry mod installed, and then people can use that to emulate different biomes for the bees to breed it

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Crash report:
1 of two possibilities:
1) You have something that requires Tinkers' Construct (Tinkers' mechworks for example), but you don't have it
2) You have TiCon but not Mantle

As for the forestry biome thingy... If you use minetweaker, you could have it so the player is able to craft the different hives. And then have Gendustry mod installed, and then people can use that to emulate different biomes for the bees to breed it
I have:
Mantle-1.7.10-0.3.2
TConstruct_mc1.7.10_1.6.0d38
TMechworks_mc1.7.10_0.2.8
TSteelworks-1.7.10-1.0.3

I also have Iguana tweaks: IguanaTweaks-1.7.10-Beta-19

As for crafting the different hives, that sounds awesome and potentially a lot more fun than the artificial hives from Ex Nihilo. Though, i wasn't planning on including Gendustry cause it just seems like easy-mode.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I have:
Mantle-1.7.10-0.3.2
TConstruct_mc1.7.10_1.6.0d38
TMechworks_mc1.7.10_0.2.8
TSteelworks-1.7.10-1.0.3

I also have Iguana tweaks: IguanaTweaks-1.7.10-Beta-19

As for crafting the different hives, that sounds awesome and potentially a lot more fun than the artificial hives from Ex Nihilo. Though, i wasn't planning on including Gendustry cause it just seems like easy-mode.

Oh ok... maybe try disabling IgTweaks, just see if it is that. Or any of the other add-ons... I dunno, are any of the mods older (you downloaded TiCon 2 weeks ago for example, and TIStWorks yesterday) There may have been an update?

Ok, if you don't like the Gendustry thing, then just make the machines that allow for genetic manipulation easy to get... or have a massive amount of "forest bee" genetic serums people can use to imprint the other bee with. (So the temperature and humidity requirements, maybe the plant too... I dunno)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Is there like some magical way to get 1.7.10 to run better? I get a max of 25fps with my i5 3350p + 6870 + 8gb of ram.

I already have fastcraft installed, playing with some outdated mods, if anyone knows any mods that have been updated recently to increase there performance please let me know.
I've had some luck adding optifine to fastcraft....

There are also a range of JVM arguments that help...... check out satanic santas signature for more details.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/members/satanicsanta.33850/

Last edited:

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok... maybe try disabling IgTweaks, just see if it is that. Or any of the other add-ons... I dunno, are any of the mods older (you downloaded TiCon 2 weeks ago for example, and TIStWorks yesterday) There may have been an update?

Ok, if you don't like the Gendustry thing, then just make the machines that allow for genetic manipulation easy to get... or have a massive amount of "forest bee" genetic serums people can use to imprint the other bee with. (So the temperature and humidity requirements, maybe the plant too... I dunno)
Looked at the MCF, Curse Mod, and wiki pages and I have the newest versions of TiC, Mantle, Tinker's Mechworks, and Steelworks.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Looked at the MCF, Curse Mod, and wiki pages and I have the newest versions of TiC, Mantle, Tinker's Mechworks, and Steelworks.
Just noticed you are using the latest version of Forge. If there aren't any mods that require this version, downgrade the to recommended, it seems some mods don't work properly with the version you are using., so it could be that.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Just noticed you are using the latest version of Forge. If there aren't any mods that require this version, downgrade the to recommended, it seems some mods don't work properly with the version you are using., so it could be that.
I actually figured it out. I disabled all the add-ons 1-by-1 and it still had issues. I went and got the previous versions of Mantle and TiC, and now it seems to work fine. I finally hit the main menu.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
This happens to me as well in 1.6, I'm pretty sure it's fixed in 1.7. The cause is unknown to me.
Do you use TE conduits / itemducts? You need to chunkload all of a TE systems pipes, otherwise some pipes stop being recognized by the system.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else having trouble with TiCo tools with the RF Modifier in 1.7.10? Seems like everytime it tries to charge it it actually drains the battery

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
In the Special Mobs mod, which endermen are the ones that will teleport you out of safety?

Edit: Also, does anyone know of a mod that can let you make custom biomes?

EDIT#2: Yet another crash while i'm working on configs. http://pastebin.com/pFEAyBaN

Last edited:

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019
I've played with Minecraft's superflat presets and It still doesn't seem like it's possible to generate multiple biomes. I'm wanting to have Forestry in my pack, so i'd need multiple biomes for it, but not all of it's addons seem to have updated yet.

WorldPainter allows you to edit biomes. I used it to make a bee testing superflat creative world in 1.6.4. I just painted the biomes using the square brush so that they would be 1 chunk in size.

Reactions: Eruantien

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Do MFR chunk loaders not work for anyone else in 1.7.10? I can't seem to get them to work 100% of the time...

TattooGamer

Jul 29, 2019
I play Horizons. I'm just getting into applied energistics. What is the most efficient way of powering redstone energy cells with that modpack? Can I use RotaryCraft? Is that the most efficient way of powering an AE Network?