Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having MFR machines stop working randomly? The only thing that fixes it is a break and replace, which is quite annoying.

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to easily find sever hosted in Australia? Because I keep looking for some but anything over seas I get 500-2000 ping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Scented Artificial Hives from Ex Nihilo:
- Do they have a chance to fail even if all conditions are properly met, or does a failure always indicate I did it wrong?
- If they require a "Forest" biome for a specific bee, will any Forest-like biome work, or does it have to be a vanilla Forest?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to easily find sever hosted in Australia? Because I keep looking for some but anything over seas I get 500-2000 ping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A little bit of a hassle, go to FTBservers, search for the pack you want to play, and look through all the results until you find one that is hosted in Australia/NZ, etc.

Scented Artificial Hives from Ex Nihilo:
- Do they have a chance to fail even if all conditions are properly met, or does a failure always indicate I did it wrong?
- If they require a "Forest" biome for a specific bee, will any Forest-like biome work, or does it have to be a vanilla Forest?
I believe any biome in which said bee can spawn in will work, although vanilla biomes are probably better. And yes, depending on the bee, the more likely it is to fail. For example, (I don't know the exact numbers) you may have a 95% chance to get a forest hive if all the conditions are met, but you may only have a 20% chance to get an ender hive if all the conditions are met.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an issue with ars magica 2 + thaumcraft 4.2 in 1.7.10 that I am not seeing, some people said they weren't able to get the game to boot up but I have it loaded just fine. Haven't dived into the mod yet though.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an issue with ars magica 2 + thaumcraft 4.2 in 1.7.10 that I am not seeing, some people said they weren't able to get the game to boot up but I have it loaded just fine. Haven't dived into the mod yet though.
Ars Magica 2 doesn't work with 1.7.10... so that would be the issue

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to change what drops when blocks are mined? For example, if i wanted clay blocks to drop themselves instead of clay balls, or if i wanted snow to drop something other than snowballs.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
It was updated about 4 days ago.
I think there's only an issue with any version of Forge above 1208. Other than that, only rumors of "crashing". There shouldn't be any incompatibilities, but if you find one, be sure to let someone know.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to change what drops when blocks are mined? For example, if i wanted clay blocks to drop themselves instead of clay balls, or if i wanted snow to drop something other than snowballs.
I think the only way to get clay/snow to drop the block is with silk touch.
But if it is vanilla blocks that you want to change the drops off, it isn't too hard to create a small mod (using tutorials, or asking on the Forge Forums) that overrides vanilla mechanics such as mob drops, item drops, smelting values of blocks, etc.

It was updated about 4 days ago.
:O Why does no one tell me these things :(

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a Bibliocraft printing press for the first time. I made a typesetting table and a printing press, placed a chase and an enchanted book on the typesetting table, and applied a redstone signal. That got me a Print Press Plate that says "Select a book" and the original enchanted book is still on the table. What do I do next? *Edit* I figured out what I did wrong, I used a new chase and did it right, but now is there anything I can do with the useless plate?

Also, is there a faster way to turn Mob Essence into levels than a straw?
I can't tell if you're in 1.7.X or not, but: IIRC, in 1.6.4, you placed the enchanted book and an empty chase in the table, then right-clicked somewhere and the book would be gone, but you would have an enchanted plate. Then you would put the plate in the press, along with up to three books (making sure to put them in the proper places), and right-clicked with enough XP levels in order to copy the enchantment. Then the enchanted plate would be destroyed, but you would have, basically, the "original" enchanted book plus two extra. TL;DR: you shouldn't have a useless plate, if things went according to usual. O_O
Does anyone know of a mod that allows multiple biomes to generate on a superflat world?
If you make a "superflat" age in Mystcraft, and it has multiple biomes (whether specified or random), then the superflat age will have those biomes... and be super flat.

Reactions: jordsta95

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
If you make a "superflat" age in Mystcraft, and it has multiple biomes (whether specified or random), then the superflat age will have those biomes... and be super flat.
To be more specific, like i probably should have been in the first place, I'm making a modpack and I would like to make the map a superflat version of the overworld. It's going to be for 1.7.10, but it looks like Mystcraft hasn't updated yet and even then I need to use it for the overworld. That, and Mystcraft isn't going to be in the pack, so weirdness.

EDIT: While i'm here, and i can't seem to access the support site, can anyone tell me how to fix this?: http://pastebin.com/7WAKXXg9