Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I think it generally works like this:

1. Set the option in the mod's config
2. Enter the world, and move around in it
3. As chunks are loaded, they are retro-generated
4. Log off, and the mod turns the option back off automatically

So you have one chance to visit as much of your generated world as you wish, and those areas will have retrogen applied. Of course different mods can do this differently, I guess they could store a matrix of retro-generated chunks or tag the chunks themselves in the NBT so you could do retrogen over a number of sessions.
I remember reading somewhere that Thaumcraft's retrogen (at least in Thaumcraft 3; I see no reason why Azanor would've changed it) works by marking chunks internally somehow after Thaumcraft's terrain generation has been applied, and not adding new ores and trees to chunks that have already been flagged. So, if you enable retrogen, Thaumcraft will put stuff in all the chunks that don't already have Thaumcraft stuff in them. There's really no reason to turn it off, and the mod won't do it automatically. At the worst, you'll get a bit more lag than usual when loading old chunks for the first time after installing the mod, but not nearly as much lag as generating new chunks.

There should be another option in the Thaumcraft config file to change the flag used to mark chunks that have already had Thaumcraft generation applied. Changing this effectively makes Thaumcraft think that you just installed it into a fresh world, despite the fact that there are already lots of infused ores and greatwood trees laying around. The mod will then re-run the retrogen and put a bunch of new ores and trees everywhere, which is mainly useful if all your aura nodes vanished for some reason.

Also, I clearly remember Direwolf20 logging into Forgecraft 2 one day to find a greatwood tree that had suddenly appeared next to his base. That was TC3, though, but again, I don't see why Azanor would not make trees retrogen in TC4.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
They can't spawn directly on them. Extra Utilities conveyors however, I believe they can spawn on those.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can mobs spawn on MFR conveyors? I know previously they couldn't, but on my new map F7 shows that they can.
They can't spawn directly on them. Extra Utilities conveyors however, I believe they can spawn on those.

If we are talking any actively working spawner, then the algorithm it is using will probably be looking for empty blocks to spawn the mobs into. If any thing is inside that block already, then it is not empty and the spawn fails. Big difference in the 2 conveyors is afaik that the MFR fills up the block above it, while the ExU takes up the block below. This is probably also what causes the passive spawning difference.

Best option for active spawner is simply to leave its spawning area completely empty and let the mobs spawn in free air and then drop down onto conveyors of your choice.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember when hovering the mouse over some items like coal, charcoal, lava etc that can be turned to fuel in ftb pack (I don't remember which one) there is a tooltip showing how much EU / power the items can provide. but looks like in the Monster there is no option like this. Is there anyway I can turn it on maybe?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If I remember when hovering the mouse over some items like coal, charcoal, lava etc that can be turned to fuel in ftb pack (I don't remember which one) there is a tooltip showing how much EU / power the items can provide. but looks like in the Monster there is no option like this. Is there anyway I can turn it on maybe?
I think something like that becomes impossible to manage in todays modding world. There are simply too many popular mods doing each their own unique power production and many seem to somewhat want to outmatch each other in output/efficiency so there are really no uniform guideline to how much power a certain amount of fuel should be worth(like there sort of seemed to be earlier).

So you would have to make tooltip lists for every single mod, keep it up to date for balance changes and take into account balance changes made through configs etc.

Reactions: reddvilzz

I_am_Jens

Jul 29, 2019

Inventory > NEI Options, bottom left > NEIPlugins > Fuel tooltip settings

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I think something like that becomes impossible to manage in todays modding world. There are simply too many popular mods doing each their own unique power production and many seem to somewhat want to outmatch each other in output/efficiency so there are really no uniform guideline to how much power a certain amount of fuel should be worth(like there sort of seemed to be earlier).

So you would have to make tooltip lists for every single mod, keep it up to date for balance changes and take into account balance changes made through configs etc.

That is all done by reading the settings given in code and displaying them in a readable format. It's pretty much an automated system, so it is far easier to maintain than one would think.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That is all done by reading the settings given in code and displaying them in a readable format. It's pretty much an automated system, so it is far easier to maintain than one would think.
Ahh cool. Doesn't seem to work with a whole lot of stuff though. Mostly only information about BC/forestry/IC2 machines are displayed. Occasionally TE dynamos, but not always.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ahh cool. Doesn't seem to work with a whole lot of stuff though. Mostly only information about BC/forestry/IC2 machines are displayed. Occasionally TE dynamos, but not always.

Yeah I think that's a bit legacy, it was in ultimate and unleashed, long before RF was even a glint in the milkman's eye.