Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
All the available addons, sorry.
Don't apologize! :) That was worded great I just didn't understand. ;)
I think MPSA (Modular Powersuit Addons) is the only available addon for MPS.
I'm going to feel so silly if I got this wrong again... :p

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Don't apologize! :) That was worded great I just didn't understand. ;)
I think MPSA (Modular Powersuit Addons) is the only available addon for MPS.
I'm going to feel so silly if I got this wrong again... :p
What about calcavia core and mffs? Are those part of mps?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Question. For 1.7, does anyone know of any sort of elevator or up and down teleport mod? Im building into a cliff from the top down. And stairs will cut out of the back of the mountain, so my option is simply to make levels going down until it expands out. But I have no real way up and down beside doing old school ladders or trying to make a very compact spiral staircase and Im not sure whats the smallest one I could make in a corner.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Question. For 1.7, does anyone know of any sort of elevator or up and down teleport mod? Im building into a cliff from the top down. And stairs will cut out of the back of the mountain, so my option is simply to make levels going down until it expands out. But I have no real way up and down beside doing old school ladders or trying to make a very compact spiral staircase and Im not sure whats the smallest one I could make in a corner.
Is random things or open blocks updated?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
What is he spawn radius of a vanilla spawner?
A monster spawner is only active when a player is within a radius of 16 blocks from the spawner. While the block is active, it will spawn mobs within an 8 × 2 × 8 block volume (8 wide and 2 high and 8 long), centered on the corner of the spawner block with the lower x, y, and z-coordinates (i.e. the bottom northwestern corner). Mobs can spawn anywhere in this range that is suitable, even if the immediate vicinity of the spawner block itself is not suitable. The horizontal distribution is triangular, with positions near the spawner more likely than ones farther away.

from here

unless you mean a darkroom spawner, then you need to be something like at least 16 blocks away and not more than 128 blocks. mobs farther than like 40 blocks don't move on their own and need some assistance getting to the killing area

darned ninjas.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
enderio has some teleporting options does it not?

Just checked. They kinda do. It lets you go between points but you need to be able to see the other block. So it wouldnt work going down unless I did some sorta glass floor thing. I didnt test if it works through glass though. But yeah. I couldnt have it be used as an elevator because you need to see the other anchor.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Just checked. They kinda do. It lets you go between points but you need to be able to see the other block. So it wouldnt work going down unless I did some sorta glass floor thing. I didnt test if it works through glass though. But yeah. I couldnt have it be used as an elevator because you need to see the other anchor.
Do you have mystcraft? Is it updated?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have mystcraft? Is it updated?

I do. But would using books to teleport between floors really be better then just using ladders? >.> This seems like trying to kill a fly with a flamethrower. Elevators are different cause its just step on block, jump or crouch. Books require linking, crafting, placing, opening, etc. For that I can just pick my nose on a ladder.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
I do. But would using books to teleport between floors really be better then just using ladders? >.> This seems like trying to kill a fly with a flamethrower. Elevators are different cause its just step on block, jump or crouch. Books require linking, crafting, placing, opening, etc. For that I can just pick my nose on a ladder.
You could setup portals? Idk it seems cooler than ladders! Mystcraft portals that is.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
there should be a rechargable staff you can use to teleport to each point without having to see them

Reactions: Padfoote

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know the least laggiest setup for a quarry? Like where should i set it up at? And other things!:)

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know the least laggiest setup for a quarry? Like where should i set it up at? And other things!:)

Quarry in an ocean. Put it a very long distance from your base, using tesseracts to move items/power in between. Set it up so that the quarry is on the very edge of the chunk boundaries, without going over into the next chunk. Contain the quarry in as few chunks as possible.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Quarry in an ocean. Put it a very long distance from your base, using tesseracts to move items/power in between. Set it up so that the quarry is on the very edge of the chunk boundaries, without going over into the next chunk. Contain the quarry in as few chunks as possible.
Why in an ocean? Wouldn't the flowing water lag it up?