Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there something that produces more power than a nether star generator. Any mods are fine, long as it can output MJ or RF.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Is there something that produces more power than a nether star generator. Any mods are fine, long as it can output MJ or RF.

ReactorCraft fusion reactor. Needs conversion to RF for what you want, but there's an absolute ton of energy being created by a fusion reactor.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You can throw away the items used to craft it if it makes you feel better. There is no wrong in cheating an item uncraftable due to a bug that will not be fixed in this version of Minecraft(IC2 devs abandoned 1.6 and are working on 1.7).
Well it is not actually a bug with IC2E. It is more a matter of Modular Powersuits not having been updated to IC2E, it still calls for IC2 items in its recipes.
Could probably have been fixed by changing the configs to use TE recipes.
From the Monster default settings:
Code:
    B:"IndustrialCraft Recipes"=true
    B:"Thermal Expansion Recipes"=false
    B:"Universal Electricity Recipes"=false

Reactions: Padfoote

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
ReactorCraft fusion reactor. Needs conversion to RF for what you want, but there's an absolute ton of energy being created by a fusion reactor.

That looks amazing. Maybe on my next playthrough though. Reactorcraft isn't in the modpack I am using and it seems to add quite a lot of ores. Well I supposed I could just add it in and make a quarry in a mystcraft age...

Anything else?

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
Hi so I'm using monster and I'm trying to make a jetpack for power armor but it's not letting me craft the canon mesh stuff that goes into the compressor to make the advanced machine casting so I'm really confused

qsmithy

Jul 29, 2019
Using the mindcrack pack

I'm trying to farm uranium using bees, but switching to proven frames made the time it took to make uranium ore a lot longer.

I currently have two alveairies, each with 6 proven frames. I'm currently using one of each for uranium and emerald combs for the moment, but plan to use both for the radioactive bees. One alverary with 6 proven frames gave me about 48 radioactive combs per hour, meaning I would get about 48 uranium per hour if I had two radioactive bees set up. I want about a stack per hour, so I may want to setup 3 radioactive bees, but the proven frames the villagers gave me are odd. Trading gives you 6 proven frames per emerald, but they come in stacks of 6. Putting 6 frames into a frame casing will only act as 1 frame, with the entire stack vanishing once the frame being used dies out. How do I automate this, and what can I do about the production speed? Fast speed doesn't seem to do anything overall to production. Should I just make 5-10+ alveraies, or is that too overkill? I don't really want to just because the area doesn't have enough room for them all.

Last edited:

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How does one contain a hungry node? This would be perfect for the dark and ominous underside to my wizard tower.

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
How do I set flight control onto a toggle.. I have it on at like 15 % and its taking up all my limited amount of energy so id like to have it able to turn off and on when i need it

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Does it have to be all the way around it or can I have a door?

If you don't encase the entire node it will begin to eat blocks around it on the unwarded side.
How do I set flight control onto a toggle.. I have it on at like 15 % and its taking up all my limited amount of energy so id like to have it able to turn off and on when i need it

IIRC "K" opens the MPS keybinds menu. Hit "new", hit a key, drag the flight option over to it.