Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SynysterBear

Jul 29, 2019
Well it seems my game is crashing when I try and use MFFS to teleport anything that has a tesseract + a power pipe connected to it. Uhm, any ideas on how to transport power then? I've tried extra util pipes but same crash.

Rednet cable works really well

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
For any variety of "frame" you're often best picking up the sources and conduits before moving them. If you absolutely must, try the Ender IO conduits maybe?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'll try that as a last resort, I don't have it installed and changing my mod packs across the various devices I play on is a pain.

But I did try it with a energy cell and that still crashes. Hmmm.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try that as a last resort, I don't have it installed and changing my mod packs across the various devices I play on is a pain.

But I did try it with a energy cell and that still crashes. Hmmm.
TE3 stuff has never liked being moved.

Kinjiru

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I find a simple description of the goal or point of each of the public mod packs? For example, I know where to find all the mods in Monster and its changelogs, but not what Monster is supposed to be trying to accomplish as a pack, or what makes it unique as a pack.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
When collecting pollen from trees as well as breeding different tree varieties, do you need to have analysed the base saplings first?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I find a simple description of the goal or point of each of the public mod packs? For example, I know where to find all the mods in Monster and its changelogs, but not what Monster is supposed to be trying to accomplish as a pack, or what makes it unique as a pack.
Monster is meant to be the pack that the new FTB map will be based on.

Reactions: Kinjiru

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
When collecting pollen from trees as well as breeding different tree varieties, do you need to have analysed the base saplings first?
vanilla oak trees will be turned into apple oak trees when they are analyzed, so I think it is necessary. Plus, without analyzing everything its hard to tell if you've bred anything new :)

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
You only need to analyze vanilla saplings to convert them to forestry saplings. After that the saplings will work just fine without analysis. Sengir also took pity on us, so if a mutation occurs the resultant sapling will be a purebred automatically - no need to hunt around for hybrids like you would with bees. Theoretically, you could breed all the trees you like without ever using a treealyzer - just use a multifarm to convert vanilla saplings into forestry saplings.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem on my server if I set up a mffs to kill people it will kill them and take there stuff but all I have are 48 range upgrades 1 anti personel 1 anti build and 1 anti opening stuff module but I want to make it so it kills but dosent take the stuff we have keep inventory on also

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
For Big Reactors, does it make a difference for cooling if a fuel rod has a flowing block of liquid or a source block?

Scarecrow560

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any good references to Big Reactors (I think that's the one in Agrarian Skies) that details possible reactor designs etc? What about turbines? are the worthwhile?

At this stage I have a reactor with a 3x3 core and no external cooling, it's producing about 2kRT/tick (I think), but I'd really like to make it bigger, but I think that I need to apply external cooling. Is this as simple as pouring a bucket of something over the top?

Here is a execl spreedsheet with various dimensions and coolant types and its output rate etc. Note that the output multiplier is 3 and that these are all passively cooled reactors. (Not using steam turbines etc). When using coolant, just fill all the empty space in the reactor with your preferred coolant.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An54qOfSiXfJdEcyaHAxWURaZTR2eEpEWEFaU0xydXc#gid=0

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Using Agrarian Skies, and building a MAC for the first time. I just want to build the thing once, would you recommend 6x6 or 7x7? How many Pattern blocks should be enough to cover my needs?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Using Agrarian Skies, and building a MAC for the first time. I just want to build the thing once, would you recommend 6x6 or 7x7? How many Pattern blocks should be enough to cover my needs?

[NOT specific to AS, but general to AE in any modpack]

TBH I usually build it wide enough to fit a natural alcove in my base, usually 5x5 or 7x7. As for pattern providers, my standard procedure is to allocate one page for vanilla recipes then one each for every mod (unless i'm using IC2 and various addons, then it gets a bit messy). I've never needed more than the 25 pages I get from having a 7x7 MAC with one internal layer of providers (with the rest filled by crafting CPUs).

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
[NOT specific to AS, but general to AE in any modpack]

TBH I usually build it wide enough to fit a natural alcove in my base, usually 5x5 or 7x7. As for pattern providers, my standard procedure is to allocate one page for vanilla recipes then one each for every mod (unless i'm using IC2 and various addons, then it gets a bit messy). I've never needed more than the 25 pages I get from having a 7x7 MAC with one internal layer of providers (with the rest filled by crafting CPUs).
First time I ever built a MAC I drastically overdid it, had something like 180 pages. Used maybe 15 ever.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Wow I thought I was doign alright with my 1 single page of things to craft. But I do use the NEI shift click thing for everything ever needed.

Netherstar generators do not like to be moved on an MFFS frame quarry machine. Is there a block that will auto wrench a tesseract then put it down again without the need to use 2 machines?

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019

Considering how much of a bastard these things are to craft (lots of materials, multiple levels for each item), build the smallest one you can originally, plug in the patterns to then help build a bigger one. Then only dismantle it when you've got the components to expand it.