Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Magical Crops: How does one obtain nature essence? NEI shows nothing related to seeds for it. Rare drop from something else?
Rare drop indeed. Automatic farming of Magical Crops nets you zero of it, as do golems IIRC. But each non-food crop seems to have a chance for it to drop.

Reactions: kaiomann

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
There's a toggle on the left side of the ME Interface for "blocking mode". Make sure you set this to "blocking", and the interface will not push a second recipe for crafting until the first has completed. It's perfect for induction smelters; you don't need to do anything else special, just load the recipes as you'd expect.

A new thing I have learned today. Thank you kindly :D

lostandthedamned

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make Titanium to use up all the Rutile Ore I keep getting.
Needs Magnesium to be Purified.
Is the Mariculture Freezer not available in Monster 1.1.1 so I can make it directly ? Or will I have to try and automate the Vat to get Magnesiumish dust and waste half getting Nickle instead of Magnesium.
Can't see the Freezer anywhere in NEI. Tried entering the recipe from the Mariculture Wiki but no go.
Any Ideas?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make Titanium to use up all the Rutile Ore I keep getting.
Needs Magnesium to be Purified.
Is the Mariculture Freezer not available in Monster 1.1.1 so I can make it directly ? Or will I have to try and automate the Vat to get Magnesiumish dust and waste half getting Nickle instead of Magnesium.
Can't see the Freezer anywhere in NEI. Tried entering the recipe from the Mariculture Wiki but no go.
Any Ideas?
Yeah, the freezer is gone. You need that magnesium, and then you melt it, and mix equal parts impure titanium and magnesium and enjoy your new titanium ingot.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Is a smelter supposed to hold more than it's capacity?
I got 2,698 ingots in this one.
javaw 2014-04-23 16-59-52-97.png
javaw 2014-04-23 16-59-39-23.png
If it's a bug, it's the first time I've had it.

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
For a 1.6.4 mini-modpack aimed at making the game feel magical, what mods would you recommend? Not looking for automation or "tech" at all really.

So far I'm on with Thaumcraft and Ars Magica. What more? I'm looking to keep the modpack slim, not something huge like magic world, just 3-4 major mods and perhaps a half-dozen support mods like betterstorage and nei.

EDIT: Preferably they shouldn't add loads of unnecessary world gen.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
If it's on DW20's videos then the problem is known and there is no need to report it again. Just have to wait for an update.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
For a 1.6.4 mini-modpack aimed at making the game feel magical, what mods would you recommend? Not looking for automation or "tech" at all really.

So far I'm on with Thaumcraft and Ars Magica. What more? I'm looking to keep the modpack slim, not something huge like magic world, just 3-4 major mods and perhaps a half-dozen support mods like betterstorage and nei.

EDIT: Preferably they shouldn't add loads of unnecessary world gen.
Blood Magic, Witchery, DyeTrees, Roguelike Dungeons, GeoStrata, Bibliocraft (magic mods without proper shelving?!) and possibly TiCo, which at its core has always felt very medieval to me.

I'd prefer to have Forestry and Binnie's mods too, for a magic pack, but that's starting to get into machines and automation and cross mod support, although you could restrict it to clockwork engines only, which I feel would give a fairly cool feel to your world.

Er, Magical Crops too, for me anyway.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Magical Crops: How does one obtain nature essence? NEI shows nothing related to seeds for it. Rare drop from something else?

Adding to YX33A's post above, you can only get Nature Essence by manually farming one of the magical crops. It isn't possible to automate it.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
If my TiCo is out of date then I blame Jadedcat as I am using her Agrarian Skies modpack ver 2.1.1.

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Blood Magic, Witchery, DyeTrees, Roguelike Dungeons, GeoStrata, Bibliocraft (magic mods without proper shelving?!) and possibly TiCo, which at its core has always felt very medieval to me.

I'd prefer to have Forestry and Binnie's mods too, for a magic pack, but that's starting to get into machines and automation and cross mod support, although you could restrict it to clockwork engines only, which I feel would give a fairly cool feel to your world.

Er, Magical Crops too, for me anyway.

Thanks! I'll probably ditch dyetrees (ugh...ly) and TiCo (not unfitting, just tired of it) but thanks for the other suggestions, especially witchery! Had heard the name, but never bothered to check it out. Looks cool though.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I'll probably ditch dyetrees (ugh...ly) and TiCo (not unfitting, just tired of it) but thanks for the other suggestions, especially witchery! Had heard the name, but never bothered to check it out. Looks cool though.
I included DyeTrees mostly for the rainbow forest. I'm a sucker for gradients.

Oh, Twilight Forest would also be a good choice. You MAY also want Chisel; for magic, I'm a particular fan of its decoration blocks. My TC4 altar is walled in with "fantasy brick" and my AM2 altar is done in marble tile.

Last edited:

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Ello All,

I had a quick look at configs but couldn't see anything regarding HUD's. Is it yet possible to move either the PowerSuit HUD or the Wand HUD (Thaumcarft) to a different area of the screen? Like AM2 can. Tired of trying to read wand charge lvl's through Powersuit HUD.
I am using DW20 pack latest update.
Any info appreciated.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ello All,

I had a quick look at configs but couldn't see anything regarding HUD's. Is it yet possible to move either the PowerSuit HUD or the Wand HUD (Thaumcarft) to a different area of the screen? Like AM2 can. Tired of trying to read wand charge lvl's through Powersuit HUD.
I am using DW20 pack latest update.
Any info appreciated.
At the very bottom of the section of thaumcraft.cfg labeled "general", there should be a line saying "B:wand_dial_bottom=false" Change that to "B:wand_dial_bottom=true", and the Thaumcraft Wand Dial HUD thingy should should show up at the bottom left corner of your screen.