Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheGreekMnan2

Jul 29, 2019
i haven't tested it on mob yet, but astral barrier should stop any form of magic which possibly it will stop those light mages attacking creeper.
is ice nuclear reactor setup like this still viable to use on ic2 experimental?
I attempted to use the astral barrier but ended up with a lost astral barrier xD pretty expensive:p
this seems to not be solvable >.>

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Agrarian skies how to set up the server so me and my son can play. I downloaded the server but when I join I am just falling thru the world. I don't land on a platform.

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
Agrarian skies how to set up the server so me and my son can play. I downloaded the server but when I join I am just falling thru the world. I don't land on a platform.

you will need to teleport to someone on a platform while you are falling. The platforms do not generate, they are there when you start the map. Multiplayer support is also closed iirc.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

DiamondArrow

Jul 29, 2019
Best armor in Ftb monster? What i need is invincibility, advanced genetics should be able to handle the other aspects.(fly,speed,etc.)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Best armor in Ftb monster? What i need is invincibility, advanced genetics should be able to handle the other aspects.(fly,speed,etc.)

Well MPS sort of, but if you don't need it for the other stuff you can go full quantum (I assume that's still in the new IC2, haven't checked) or bedrock gear from Rotarycraft.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
I was playing around with lamps(Redstone lamps, project red lamps etc) and redstone signals in Monster and noticed that redstone signal strengths don't have any effect on lightstrength or texture brightness on any of them. Shouldn't it work at least with the vanilla 1.6 redstone lamps? Is this because of Random things replacing the lamps? Or am I missing something?

KKeys

Jul 29, 2019
What's the joke about the road block in Agrarian Skies? Both maps have it?
I assume it's from dieing there, and that being common? Not sure how one dies there though...

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
What's the joke about the road block in Agrarian Skies? Both maps have it?
I assume it's from dieing there, and that being common? Not sure how one dies there though...
A road makes you move faster and makes turning harder, like ice.. So try walking up to it and jump on it. Chances are you'll skid right off into the void

Reactions: KKeys

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question:

1: Can the protect block thing from thaumcraft wands be applied to anything?

2: Does the wither stop taking damage when you aren't near him even if the chunk is loaded?

3: Whats the fastest way to kill the wither?

4: also I try to spawn the wither with open blocks block placers but it doesn't seem to work until I break a head and replace it.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question:

2: Does the wither stop taking damage when you aren't near him even if the chunk is loaded?

4: also I try to spawn the wither with open blocks block placers but it doesn't seem to work until I break a head and replace it.

4. The last wither skull must be placed by a 'player' for it to work. They most likely don't count as a player. IIRC turtles can do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question:

1) If you mean the warding focus, it can be applied to most blocks. However, I don't believe it works on tile entities.

2) The wither will take damage regardless of your distance from him, however, he does regen fairly quickly. This fact is sometimes exploited in vanilla to make tree farms and obsidian farms.

3) Pick your favorite weapon and go to town. If you keep the wither semi-confined, you can just melee him to death pretty quickly. Another decent option is iron golems (the vanilla variety) Stuff like turtles risk getting destroyed by the wither's attacks, but 3-4 golems should be able to kill the wither with maybe 1 casualty. If you want an automated system, MFFS may be the only real option.

4) Must be placed by a player. There's a few blocks in FTB now that simulate being a player, so pick your favorite.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Why is there stone at the bottom of the nether?
Most likely because of some flat bedrock mod that replaces all bedrock above y=0 with stone. It just does this in the nether aswell.

I've got a question myself: What do you need to do achieve that sexy well-known member tag?

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone list out what blocks simulate a player placing one? Trying to auto spawn withers but... I know turtles and dynamism tablets can. I don't want to use turtles and I can't seem to get dynamism tablets to rotate.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Most likely because of some flat bedrock mod that replaces all bedrock above y=0 with stone. It just does this in the nether aswell.

I've got a question myself: What do you need to do achieve that sexy well-known member tag?
If it's done by trophy points like most other titles, I'd assume you'd get it with either 250 likes or 1k messages (they're worth the same number of points). There aren't many trophies to choose from once you've hit Active, anyway.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone list out what blocks simulate a player placing one? Trying to auto spawn withers but... I know turtles and dynamism tablets can. I don't want to use turtles and I can't seem to get dynamism tablets to rotate.
I think I hear that Autonomous Activators from Thermal Expansion can create a Wither. Worth a shot anyway.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Time for another stupid thaumcraft 4.1 question :)

Are there any negative side effects (like flux or taint or whatever) from grabbing loads of nodes using jars and stashing them all in my base?

So far i've only picked up "normal" nodes, but the next one with aspects I want nearby is sinister, I really just want to make sure i'm not going to knacker everything by doing this.