Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

TheGreekMnan2

Jul 29, 2019
Here[DOUBLEPOST=1397690562][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just have a magicial forest void word. Under my platform i made a 17x7 building which is 15x5 on inside. 3 grinders and nothing has blown up. I watched it for awhile and i don't see arsmagical mobs spawing in it here.
my problem is ars magica mages attacking creepers lol

Attachments

• 2014-04-16_19.07.09.png
    2014-04-16_19.07.09.png
    427.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 2014-04-16_19.07.39.png
    2014-04-16_19.07.39.png
    524.9 KB · Views: 100

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I just have a magicial forest void word. Under my platform i made a 17x7 building which is 15x5 on inside. 3 grinders and nothing has blown up. I watched it for awhile and i don't see arsmagical mobs spawing in it here.
As @TheGreekMnan2 said, those blood light magi agro anything they see that is hostile to the player, including creepers, and this is what happens. Only takes one magi and one creeper for this shit to happen.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I suck at redstone, so i'm going to ask if this is possible. Is there any way to set a pressure plate to permanently activate redstone? I know you can make something like an on/off switch( t-flipflop or something?)? I want to make something similar but without the off switch.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I suck at redstone, so i'm going to ask if this is possible. Is there any way to set a pressure plate to permanently activate redstone? I know you can make something like an on/off switch( t-flipflop or something?)? I want to make something similar but without the off switch.
I think so. Not sure why you'd want this, but yeah, I think it can be done. Give me a bit of time and I'll have a prototype of this up for you, including a manual off switch somewhere just in case.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Easy: pressure plate => redstone => piston with redstone block on it => when extended the redstone block powers the rest of your redstone.

There's plenty of other ways to accomplish the same thing, but this was the easiest one to write out.

Reactions: abobabo

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Are there any reliable sources of renewable redstone dust in the Direwolf20 pack?
You could try an MFR Laser Drill with six red foci. It can use a ton of power (up to 20000 RF/t, if I remember correctly), but it's about the best you can get (to my knowledge) without going for bees or scouring the earth for witches.

Ex Nihilo can also give you redstone by sifting sand or dust (I forget which), but I assume that if you had that mod, you would be on Agrarian Skies, and already would have known about it.

I've heard about magical crops being farmable via MFR, but I forgot if that was an addon or a config change or something else. However, are you able to do that in Monster? I don't expect the fertilizer to work, just the planter and harvester.
I've got a testworld with MFR planting and harvesting some of the Magical Crops just fine. It doesn't want to work with some of the crops, though- I gave up on the Sugarcane crop and had to use regular sugarcane.

If you do want to use MFR on crops that it doesn't support, though, you should be able to use MineTweaker to make them work.

As for the fertilizer, I haven't tested it because I'm using ExtraUtilities watering cans in Thermal Expansion Autonomous Activators instead. Which works stupidly well, by the way.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
in the monster pack. Is there a way to keep a certain number of items in a inventory. I use to use transfer nodes, but for some reason they don'y have option to set items anymore. They just pull everything out and send it on its way.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
in the monster pack. Is there a way to keep a certain number of items in a inventory. I use to use transfer nodes, but for some reason they don'y have option to set items anymore. They just pull everything out and send it on its way.
Logistics pipes and Steve's factory manager can

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Found what I had to do, had to add a normal biomes thingy. Seems like the biome size modifiers and biome type modifiers are different.

Hmmm, one last question. Is it possible to get growth in the mystcraft cave world ages? Stuff like flowers and trees etc?
Anyone?

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
is ice nuclear reactor setup like this still viable to use on ic2 experimental?

Its actually quite good, also byproducts can be used to create a infinite fuel generation( 16 Eu/t a piece, but it is infinite)

How can you automate the composting of rotten flesh or whatever into barrels and can you insert items into barrels through pipes or something ?

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Its actually quite good, also byproducts can be used to create a infinite fuel generation( 16 Eu/t a piece, but it is infinite)

How can you automate the composting of rotten flesh or whatever into barrels and can you insert items into barrels through pipes or something ?
you can pipe in items into the top and pull out from the bottom with item ducts

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
i haven't tested it on mob yet, but astral barrier should stop any form of magic which possibly it will stop those light mages attacking creeper.
is ice nuclear reactor setup like this still viable to use on ic2 experimental?
It's an entirely viable way to vaporize your base. Ice as a cooling mechanism was ditched quite a while ago. You can theoretically do something similar with lapis/redstone now, but it's not really worth it.

Although it doesn't have much in the way of designs that capitalize on the additions from IC2-exp this thread has designs that I believe are still stable.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
How do I get compound aspects in TC 4.1?

Say, to craft a silverwood wand core needs all the basic aspects and praecantatio, but I haven't found any nodes with more than just the basic aspect types yet and i've been all over the world.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
How do I get compound aspects in TC 4.1?

Say, to craft a silverwood wand core needs all the basic aspects and praecantatio, but I haven't found any nodes with more than just the basic aspect types yet and i've been all over the world.
The wand core must be made on the infusion alter. So you will need the praecantatio in a warded jar. That means you need the alchemy stuff & infusion before you can make that wand.