Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I play on monster 1.11. When I install lycan mod and special mod together. All i get is lycan mobs, and they are far and in between. I can explore outside all night and see maybe 2 mobs. I can un-install lycan mobs and get tones of enemies near my base. Is there a way to get these 2 mods to work together?

domste

Jul 29, 2019
my friend will buy a server (from mcprohosting), the one for 20$/month. Question is, can me and him play with our normal (premium? we paid for them) accounts aswell as a friend who doesnt have a paid mc account on that server? It will be a ftb unleashed server.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the max range on a gendustry apiary with + 4 territory upgrades? (territory upgrades are +20% range per, with a max of 4)

If you analyze the queen (or possibly the drones too) the little tick top right should tell you that kinda stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
How come in the DW20 pack, 99% of the biomes from biomes o plenty are disabled?

Because they are all identical. Identically bad :p no but seriously I think so many of them are real similar and it makes finding vanilla biomes tricky.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
my friend will buy a server (from mcprohosting), the one for 20$/month. Question is, can me and him play with our normal (premium? we paid for them) accounts aswell as a friend who doesnt have a paid mc account on that server? It will be a ftb unleashed server.

Set the server properties to offline mode, then whitelist the names you will be using. The FTB launcher only works with paid accounts so you will have to make your own modded instance of MC. You really should push him to buy it though, makes launchers and servers easier to use

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I play on monster 1.11. When I install lycan mod and special mod together. All i get is lycan mobs, and they are far and in between. I can explore outside all night and see maybe 2 mobs. I can un-install lycan mobs and get tones of enemies near my base. Is there a way to get these 2 mods to work together?

Never played with Lycan but as a stab in the dark, did you check it's config? It might be tweaking spawn rates

domste

Jul 29, 2019
Set the server properties to offline mode, then whitelist the names you will be using. The FTB launcher only works with paid accounts so you will have to make your own modded instance of MC. You really should push him to buy it though, makes launchers and servers easier to use

Do you have any idea on how to do that and could possibly help me?

domste

Jul 29, 2019
Is the server company setting up everything for you? Or are you providing the server files you get from the launcher

last time we sent the modpack to the compoany and they set up the .jar file for us to use

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
last time we sent the modpack to the compoany and they set up the .jar file for us to use

Hmm well in that case get the server files from the launcher, run it once so it generate server.properties and whitelist.txt and edit those in notepad. Then upload everything to your host.

worshipperofnarnia

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone. I'm wondering if there's any legit way to get cobweb in ftb or any crafting recipe to get it. I want it to work in agrarian skies but I really dont care if it has me installling another mod or whatever, I already added like 5 mods to it. Just would really want some cobweb for my mobfarm.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
i think there's a bee type that spreads cobweb as an effect.

I might be wrong though.

If not, i'm pretty sure you can pick it up from abandoned mineshafts with a force wrench or a tool with silk touch.

amunao

Jul 29, 2019
Why does FTB not include Optifine by Default? Or allow it to be manually enabled!

Also how do you get upgraded from New Member on the forums?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Why does FTB not include Optifine by Default? Or allow it to be manually enabled!

Also how do you get upgraded from New Member on the forums?
Because almost no mod supports Optifine because it breaks all the things as far as rendering. Tinkers Construct doesn't even want you posting crash reports if you Optifine installed.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers' construct question: Is there a reason to why 1 emerald is 640mB of liquid emerald and 1 emerald block is 1296mB? Also an emerald ore block is only 288mB. These numbers do not make any sense what so ever. 1 emerald should be 144mB, not 640mB. Playing 1.6.4 FTB packs by the way.