Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
How do you tell an AE system that it can use a pulverizer to turn cobble into sand?

Also how do you tell it to keep an item in a certain inventory? For instance I want to keep netherrack in a magma crucible to get turned into lava.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
How do you tell an AE system that it can use a pulverizer to turn cobble into sand?

Also how do you tell it to keep an item in a certain inventory? For instance I want to keep netherrack in a magma crucible to get turned into lava.

Use the pattern in an interface like trajing said but remember to also have an import bus on the machine and to set up the input/output stuff up correctly.

And an export bus set to export netherrack should keep an inventory filled as much as possible. You set the export by right clicking the bus and putting the item you want exported in the GUI. You might need a precision/fuzzy bus instead of a regular one if the crucible consumes the netherrack too quickly but most TE machines are slow enough for a regular bus.

Do Thermal Expansion Tesseracts still have energy loss? If so, is it still 25% ?
They are lossless.

Last edited:

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Having trouble with the new TE.

I have a tesseract set to receive energy and send items, connected to a standard BC quarry. This powers just fine but the quarry wont eject into itemducts and the tesseract doesn't seem to want to accept items from transport pipes. How do I stop my quarry spitting items everywhere?

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Odd - works for me. Double check the tesseract's set up correctly. You could use Ender Chests, or alternatively use a transport pipe to a wooden chest, then an itemduct to the tesseract.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Odd - works for me. Double check the tesseract's set up correctly. You could use Ender Chests, or alternatively use a transport pipe to a wooden chest, then an itemduct to the tesseract.
Shouldn't need a transport pipe. Direct to the chest then duct into the tesseract should work. Then again, direct to tesseract should work AFAIK but I haven't done it myself in TE3. Are you sure there's somewhere for the items to go to?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I checked the corresponding tesseract in my base and it was set to send energy and receive items on the same channel so i'm not sure why it isn't working. A chest in the middle sounds like a good workaround though, cheers.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Uh one more AE related question, how do I tell the AE network to always keep such and such in stock?
AE is not the greatest at performing such operations, logistics pipes is better for this. Although, it depends on what you mean by this. Do you want it to keep a inventory stocked with a certain amount of an item, and does it matter how much of the item or the inventory in question? You can setup a precision or fuzzy export bus on a chest set on single item/craft mode to keep the chest full of a certain item(You can also set a storage bus on it to tell the AE that the items are in there. However this may confuse your system.) You can also tell an ME interface to keep the item stocked in itself by putting the item and the amount of it in the left side of the chest. Interfaces can be pulled out of using any item transport system.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Uh one more AE related question, how do I tell the AE network to always keep such and such in stock?
2 ways really:
Put the pattern for the item in the MAC or in a ME interface for the required machine, then point a ME export bus at a ME interface. Connect a ME level emitter to the ME export bus. Set the Level emitter to red redstone signal when item drops below set limit, set Export bus to craft only when recieving redstone signal.

Same as above for export bus and level emitter, but without the pattern. Point the export bus directly at the machine or an autocrafting table/machine of some sort. This can be preferable if you use the crafting monitor a lot since the above will sort of spam the crafting monitor whenever it needs to top of something.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question(yet another Thaumcraft one):
Can you change Tainted land back into normal land again using those blossom thingies and silverwood trees? Or do I need to install a mod like Biome wand to change the biomes?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Question(yet another Thaumcraft one):
Can you change Tainted land back into normal land again using those blossom thingies and silverwood trees? Or do I need to install a mod like Biome wand to change the biomes?
The Ethereal Blossom is what you need. Sometimes a Silverwood will spawn a Pure Node, but that is the only time they'll clean up tainted biomes

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The Ethereal Blossom is what you need. Sometimes a Silverwood will spawn a Pure Node, but that is the only time they'll clean up tainted biomes
Will they return it to the biomes surrounding the tainted land? I have some Prairie and Jungle that is Tainted for example. Will it return to prairie and jungle or will it become something like Magical forest or something?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Will they return it to the biomes surrounding the tainted land? I have some Prairie and Jungle that is Tainted for example. Will it return to prairie and jungle or will it become something like Magical forest or something?
It will become magical forest.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
If you are in Monster or in Horizons you can use Blood Magic/Witchery to transform biomes. Witchery way is easier IMO, since the Blood Magic way requires quite a bit of grinding and the ritual itself is not guaranteed. The chance goes up depending on the blocks you place near the ritual, but still not 100%.