Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Are you using your FtB FORUM ID/password or the one you actually registered Minecraft with? You should use the MC ID/password.

FtB authenticates using the Minecraft launcher, so if it doesn't recognize you FtB won't either.
Actually I believe you should always use your E-mail/password registered with your MC account.

And yes, the login is not a login to FTB, but a login to MC.

Spotz

Jul 29, 2019
I already have a thread on this but I thought I would ask here too.
Here is my problem:
It seems that whenever I get attacked by a snake in Mo' Creatures this happens. I start to back away from it (as you usually would in these cases) and then FTB just crashes.
Whenever I try to load up the world I just see my hot bar and pointer but nothing else. It is just those two things on a blue-ish background and then FTB crashes.
I tried copying the world and when I go into it it is just the same, hot bar and pointer on a blue-ish background.
I also tried disabling Mo' Creatures but I still get the same outcome.
Any ideas on what the problem is and how I can get back into my world?

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to fix or have a workaround for an issue with disappearing research for Thaumcraft? Every once in a while, I'll load up my world and all of my research will have disappeared. I can't think of why this happens. It doesn't happen every time and usually I have a backup so I can just fall back on that but I'd like to figure out why it even happens. It also spawns both OpenBlocks books when this happens as well.

I'm using the DW20 1.6.4 pack with Thaumcraft 4.

Wisq

Jul 29, 2019
In Horizons, what mod produces the "rushing" sound you get when falling water hits a surface? (It's bugged, and I want to disable and/or report it.)

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
In Horizons, what mod produces the "rushing" sound you get when falling water hits a surface? (It's bugged, and I want to disable and/or report it.)

I don't use Horizons, but does it have Tropicraft? When I installed Tropicraft on the DW20 pack there was a weather mod that came with that kind of stuff.

Sporego

Jul 29, 2019
In feed the beast monster you can only power quarries with MJ's right?

How can I convert EU to MJ (As many ways as possible), (Is it efficient?)?

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
In feed the beast monster you can only power quarries with MJ's right?

How can I convert EU to MJ (As many ways as possible), (Is it efficient?)?

Does Monster have Forestry? If so, the electric engines from Forestry might work. I don't know if they work the same way they used to but you could input EU directly and have it output MJ with the output and efficiency depending on which circuit/electron tube combination you use. I may be a bit off on that since I haven't used them in ages and I certainly don't know if it's currently the most efficient way but it's one way I could think of. :p

TheCupcakeisaLie

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running the direwolf20 pack and I run on min settings to get about 90 fps at my base with machines, and 130 fps exploring. I run on a laptop. My problem is with nei. When I have nei enabled, pressing o to hide it doesn't change anything. In a GUI with nei enabled I get .5 fps. Its easier to pull up my browser and look up the recipe on the wiki. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running the direwolf20 pack and I run on min settings to get about 90 fps at my base with machines, and 130 fps exploring. I run on a laptop. My problem is with nei. When I have nei enabled, pressing o to hide it doesn't change anything. In a GUI with nei enabled I get .5 fps. Its easier to pull up my browser and look up the recipe on the wiki. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
Did you check the controls menu. There might be more than one key set to "O", thus not allowing you to use it.

Peoko

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any possible way of disabling GeoStrata rock generation without disabling the mod? FTB Monster 1.1.0

Thank you.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any possible way of disabling GeoStrata rock generation without disabling the mod? FTB Monster 1.1.0

Thank you.
No. Reika has mentioned on multiple occasions that disabling rockgen is equivalent to disabling half the mod, and so you should go whole hog and just disable the whole thing if you don't want it. It's all or nothing.

Peoko

Jul 29, 2019
No. Reika has mentioned on multiple occasions that disabling rockgen is equivalent to disabling half the mod, and so you should go whole hog and just disable the whole thing if you don't want it. It's all or nothing.
Oh well, i guess he leaves me no choice, i liked the crystals though.