Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
I think in experimental, you need to use tin plates. Check it through NEI? I'm not 100%, kind of have up on the mod.

Thanks. But NEi doesn't show any recipe from the crafting table (I tried with tin plates and nothing shows up). I read here that you need another machine I didn't know, the metal former. That's insane. Gonna avoid that mod as much as I can.

Reactions: [JBG]Magikarp

Squall

Jul 29, 2019
Another monster question: is it possible to craft the tome of alkahest that actually works, or is the fact that i get a tome with a damage value a bug?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Another monster question: is it possible to craft the tome of alkahest that actually works, or is the fact that i get a tome with a damage value a bug?
The alkahestery system is currently being worked so it won't work for a little bit

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks. But NEi doesn't show any recipe from the crafting table (I tried with tin plates and nothing shows up). I read here that you need another machine I didn't know, the metal former. That's insane. Gonna avoid that mod as much as I can.
You also avoid mods like Railcraft because you need to make a Rolling machine to make rails and plates?... Or TiCo cause you have to make a smeltery to make metal tool parts?

The Metal Former is really well made IMO and it gives you a good feeling of progression very early on when you go from using Forge hammers etc to using the Metal former. And it is a step that I look very much forward to automating in my AE system.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an easy way to use Tinkers Construct Smelterys in an AE network?
Output all ore to the controller (use two smelteries to avoid accidental alloys), output from one drain using an always-on fluiduct to a bunch of filtered casting basins, itemduct output from casting basins to an ME Interface.

Reactions: Tristam Izumi

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Output all ore to the controller (use two smelteries to avoid accidental alloys), output from one drain using an always-on fluiduct to a bunch of filtered casting basins, itemduct output from casting basins to an ME Interface.

Ah didn't think about using multiple smelterys. Do you happen to have a list of what ore I should put on separate smelterys? I'm not using metallurgy (thankfully).

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Ah didn't think about using multiple smelterys. Do you happen to have a list of what ore I should put on separate smelterys? I'm not using metallurgy (thankfully).
Not a universal list as some things could be moved around but:
1:tin gold iron
2:copper silver lead

ferrous should be handled via Thermal expansion

basically don't mix tin and copper or gold and silver and everything should be good

YekimonTheMarginal

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a particular mod in the Tech World 2 pack, v 1.1.2, that would be making some blocks change when punched or have a tool used on them? For example, some stone turns to dirt when first punched or you start to mine it. Had other stone turn to Black Granite... it's just a small contiguous chunk, but not all of them in an area turn, which makes me think a mod might be doing it? Couldn't find any info on it, though...

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
currently playing the magic farm skyblock pack was wondering if any blocks can stop fall damage so i can convert my fall trap into a grinder trap also can the MFR laser drill work in the nether?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
currently playing the magic farm skyblock pack was wondering if any blocks can stop fall damage so i can convert my fall trap into a grinder trap also can the MFR laser drill work in the nether?
Water and as long as it's over bedrock

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just use it in the Overworld? Laser Drill works fine as long as it's hitting bedrock or void.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
What are some fast ore processing setups/mods in Monster? I have fully maxed out macerator/furnace setups from IC2, but want to try some other options. Ore-washing etc was too slow, as is the TE pulverizer/furnace.