Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Ore processing? I mean, sure, cheapest doubling in terms of initial metal investment, but best?
RotatryCraft is better overall because it's ridiculous yield, but requires far more investment. Factorization is slightly more yield than TiCo, but requires 20 minutes of IRL time per 5 ores.

Resource investment: Only costs sand, clay and gravel for doubling ores. No infrastructure required. Other mods require such things.
Fuel efficiency: One bucket of lava can process nearly 400 ingots. This is 6.8x more efficient than early-game TE and 11.2x more efficient than early game IC.
Time: TiCo smelter and IC2 takes ~35s, TE takes ~12s per ore. But, TiCo can do dozens of ores at a time depending on smelter size.

EDIT: If you increase the size of the smelter, it's actually more efficient than the 400 ingots indicated above. I just tested it now and I could process 1024 ingots (512 ore) with one bucket of lava using a larger smelter.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do any of the IC2 or Gregtech tools mine anything like a TiCo hammer (more than 1x1)?

I last used the laser drill thingy a year or so ago, and while it was pretty sweet in long range mode, I still felt it was inferior to an upgraded hammer doing its 3x3 business, both in terms of productivity and longevity before recharge/repair.

My goal is to try to disconnect myself from dependency on TiCo but its so hard when its mining tools are so amazing...

Gravisuites upgrade for IC2s Diamond drill have the "Big holes" mode which mines a 3x3 at the time. This is IMO superior to the hammer since it can with a push of a button be switched to mine one block instead(don't need to carry hammer, normal pick, excavator, normal shovel).[DOUBLEPOST=1393545784][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dynamo or Engine? Dynamos don't explode, Engines do.
Magmatic engines do not explode. They throttle down just like dynamos now do, but if power consumption drops too low they lock up and needs to be whacked with a crescent hammer(?) or be broken and placed again.

Reactions: Pyure

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: If you increase the size of the smelter, it's actually more efficient than the 400 ingots indicated above. I just tested it now and I could process 1024 ingots (512 ore) with one bucket of lava using a larger smelter.
Wow. I never thought of it that way. Here I thought only TiCo tools were OP.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Gravisuites upgrade for IC2s Diamond drill have the "Big holes" mode which mines a 3x3 at the time. This is IMO superior to the hammer since it can with a push of a button be switched to mine one block instead(don't need to carry hammer, normal pick, excavator, normal shovel).[DOUBLEPOST=1393545784][/DOUBLEPOST]
Magmatic engines do not explode. They throttle down just like dynamos now do, but if power consumption drops too low they lock up and needs to be whacked with a crescent hammer(?) or be broken and placed again.
Did not know that. Thank you.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Ore processing? I mean, sure, cheapest doubling in terms of initial metal investment, but best?
Well probably not the 'best' out there but you get a bit better than double if you go the fortune + Smelting route. Plus you don't need any additional infrastructure to process the ores when you get them back to base. It is really nice for people with a more nomadic playstile or someone who isn't sure where they want to set up camp. And it is kinda fun when used with and autocrafting pouch like what darcraft has, it is slightly more compact storage than lugging the ores around.

RotatryCraft is better overall because it's ridiculous yield, but requires far more investment. Factorization is slightly more yield than TiCo, but requires 20 minutes of IRL time per 5 ores.

The rest of this is interesting, especially the bit about the lava bucket being able to smelt more in a bigger smeltery (I wonder what the calculation is then for lava usage). BUT Factorization does not require 20 min. I don't really understand where people got this idea. It's not rotarycraft or Mekanism where of you get started on advanced ore processing you are now stuck with it. You can stop the Factorization ore processing at any stage and just smelt the results down to ingots. If you stop at the stage just prior to the crystallizer(reduced chunks) you get about 2.5 ingots per ore. If you throw them in an infernal furnace you get about 2.8.
It still takes longer and is more involved and resource intensive than just tossing them in the smeltery though.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
The rest of this is interesting, especially the bit about the lava bucket being able to smelt more in a bigger smeltery (I wonder what the calculation is then for lava usage). BUT Factorization does not require 20 min. I don't really understand where people got this idea. It's not rotarycraft or Mekanism where of you get started on advanced ore processing you are now stuck with it. You can stop the Factorization ore processing at any stage and just smelt the results down to ingots. If you stop at the stage just prior to the crystallizer(reduced chunks) you get about 2.5 ingots per ore. If you throw them in an infernal furnace you get about 2.8.
It still takes longer and is more involved and resource intensive than just tossing them in the smeltery though.
Well, yes. It was a poor choice of words. I meant to get maximum ore yield it requires 20 minutes.

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Setting my logistic pipes up (playing monsterpack). I am trying to extract stuff out of my enderchest into normal chests. Connected everything, it has power but the mk2 extracter module wont work :(.
With Mk1 it worked but i wanted it faster so i added MK2 but those draw out 1 item every 10 seconds or so. Plz help :) TY

kholdstare

Jul 29, 2019
Setting my logistic pipes up (playing monsterpack). I am trying to extract stuff out of my enderchest into normal chests. Connected everything, it has power but the mk2 extracter module wont work :(.
With Mk1 it worked but i wanted it faster so i added MK2 but those draw out 1 item every 10 seconds or so. Plz help :) TY
Are you sure you weren't using the advanced MK2 extractor? Recreate the setup in a single-player creative world and have a play around.
I generally skip the MK2s and go for the MK3s when I need to pull a lot of items fairly quickly.
Are you sure that the system is getting enough power as well?

MustardFTW

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to disable specific mobs from spawning? I assume you can use minetweaker but I'm still unsure of how to work it. I want to disable Hecates because they don't do anything (no ai?) on my server and they just clog up mob systems.

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to disable specific mobs from spawning? I assume you can use minetweaker but I'm still unsure of how to work it. I want to disable Hecates because they don't do anything (no ai?) on my server and they just clog up mob systems.
Minetweaker is for changing recipes, not mobs. I'm not sure why your hectates are broken; they work fine for me.

Go to AM2.config, found in (modpack)\config\AM2

Locate this at the bottom of the file:

Code:
####################
# mobs
#===================
# Spawn control for different AM mobs.
####################

mobs {
    B:DarklingSpawnRate=5
    B:DryadSpawnRate=5
    B:EarthElementalSpawnRate=2
    B:FireElementalSpawnRate=2
    B:HecateSpawnRate=2
    B:MageSpawnRate=1
    B:ManaCreeperSpawnRate=3
    B:ManaElementalSpawnRate=2
    B:WaterElementalSpawnRate=3
}

Change HectateSpawnRate to 0.

MustardFTW

Jul 29, 2019
Minetweaker is for changing recipes, not mobs. I'm not sure why your hectates are broken; they work fine for me.

Go to AM2.config, found in (modpack)\config\AM2

Locate this at the bottom of the file:

Code:
####################
# mobs
#===================
# Spawn control for different AM mobs.
####################

mobs {
    B:DarklingSpawnRate=5
    B:DryadSpawnRate=5
    B:EarthElementalSpawnRate=2
    B:FireElementalSpawnRate=2
    B:HecateSpawnRate=2
    B:MageSpawnRate=1
    B:ManaCreeperSpawnRate=3
    B:ManaElementalSpawnRate=2
    B:WaterElementalSpawnRate=3
}

Change HectateSpawnRate to 0.
Thank you!

Madchin

Jul 29, 2019
Is it me or did the NEI Inventory interface on the left side (like deleat or heal button) vanish with the recent monster 1.0.11 and eyas blood and bones pack? No matter what I cant get it to show dem buttons

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
you're most likely in recipe mode. open you inventory, go into the options in the bottom left, pick the top option and change it to cheat mode

Madchin

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, same problem with all 3 modes :/ thats the weird thing. Im really addicted to the delete function :C

jetflight

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure you weren't using the advanced MK2 extractor? Recreate the setup in a single-player creative world and have a play around.
I generally skip the MK2s and go for the MK3s when I need to pull a lot of items fairly quickly.
Are you sure that the system is getting enough power as well?

I will try a bit in creative mod tonight, but power it had enough (full power junction was hooked up)
There are mk3 extractor module? Haven't tried them yet probably because the mk2 are working slower since the mk1. I was tired yesterday and just hooked up an Elektrik engine on a wood pipe. That does the job as well. But I'll try tonight again.

Madchin

Jul 29, 2019
Found the solution in the offical forums:

If you guys simply hit the "Global" button in that upper right corner of the 'options' screen and un-check the 'W' by the cheat mode(just right click the 'W') it will be back to normal. The new version seems to be stuck on recipe mode. Pretty simple though
smile.png
If you guys simply hit the "Global" button in that upper right corner of the 'options' screen and un-check the 'W' by the cheat mode(just right click the 'W') it will be back to normal. The new version seems to be stuck on recipe mode. Pretty simple though
smile.png

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to power a steam boiler with a galgadorian woodcutting cart? It seems Reeeaally slow for the ridicules price, and a very limited range on cutting the actual trees (only directly adjacent ones).