Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, The fluid is getting drained into the pipes, but the auto enchantment table isn't accepting it
Additionally, the auto-enchantent table needs to be configured for which side to receive liquid XP from. Go into the GUI, click on the "Bucket" icon on the right to see an image of the Enchanter. Right-click and drag it up a little - this will rotate the image of the enchanter to reveal the bottom. Left click on the bottom. Suddenly, XP is coming in.

paxy97

Jul 29, 2019
Additionally, the auto-enchantent table needs to be configured for which side to receive liquid XP from. Go into the GUI, click on the "Bucket" icon on the right to see an image of the Enchanter. Right-click and drag it up a little - this will rotate the image of the enchanter to reveal the bottom. Left click on the bottom. Suddenly, XP is coming in.
That did it :D Thank you very much !!

Flaeye

Jul 29, 2019
Hello

I want to press a button every, say 10 minutes. What would be the best way to accomplish this? Is there a function on turtles to do this?

thanks!

Morberis

Jul 29, 2019
For updating to monster 1.0.9 I need to trim the world down to just our base continent so that it can generate with the new settings. Now I know I can do this by deleting the files that contain the chunk info for the unwanted areas.

So my question is, how do I go about finding out what files deal with what chunks, or is there a method of trimming the world down via a mod similar to the plugin WorldEdit? I don't want to use craftbukkit.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Hello

I want to press a button every, say 10 minutes. What would be the best way to accomplish this? Is there a function on turtles to do this?

thanks!
Does it have to be a button? Could you remove the button and replace it with a redstone signal (e.g. repeater)?

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I was going to suggest a projectred timer as well - if your modpack has it.
As for computercraft:
Code:
--Infinite loop - do the stuff inside over and over again
while true do
  --send a 1-second redstone signal
  redstone.setOutput("front", true)
  sleep(1)
  redstone.setOutput("front", false)
  --wait 10 seconds to do it again
  os.sleep(10)
end

Replace the button with the turtle, facing the line of redstone.

This actually does it every 11 seconds - due to the 1 extra second of sending the signal ("pressing a button"), so there will be 10 seconds of "off". If the 10 seconds is time-critical (that is, you need 10 seconds between Rising Signals), change the os.sleep(10) to 9.

Flaeye

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I was going to suggest a projectred timer as well - if your modpack has it.
As for computercraft:
Code:
--Infinite loop - do the stuff inside over and over again
while true do
  --send a 1-second redstone signal
  redstone.setOutput("front", true)
  sleep(1)
  redstone.setOutput("front", false)
  --wait 10 seconds to do it again
  os.sleep(10)
end

Replace the button with the turtle, facing the line of redstone.

This actually does it every 11 seconds - due to the 1 extra second of sending the signal ("pressing a button"), so there will be 10 seconds of "off". If the 10 seconds is time-critical (that is, you need 10 seconds between Rising Signals), change the os.sleep(10) to 9.

Perfect I used that computer program. Does exactly what I wanted! Cheers

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, sorry to beat the dead horse to a shapeless lump, but I'd just like to ask what are different ways to mine? Also, the one that produces the least lag. I've used the Buildcraft Quarry, and the Thaumcraft Arcane Bore, but I find the Quarry to be way too laggy, and the Arcane Bore to be slightly inefficient. Preferably if the way to mine is automatable, etc. Thanks in advance people! And sorry to the horse...

Maes Stryker

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm trying to power a battery block from Factorization using a caliometric burner. I believe I'm using the correct configuration with the water boiler over a water source, steam turbine on top and caliometric adjacent to the boiler. Then I place the battery block adjacent to the steam turbine. Initially I get a charge reading but it never charges. The fan spins and the caliometric burner consumes the fuel I feed it, but the battery never gains charge. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm trying to power a battery block from Factorization using a caliometric burner. I believe I'm using the correct configuration with the water boiler over a water source, steam turbine on top and caliometric adjacent to the boiler. Then I place the battery block adjacent to the steam turbine. Initially I get a charge reading but it never charges. The fan spins and the caliometric burner consumes the fuel I feed it, but the battery never gains charge. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
Have you tried connecting the battery to the turbine via lead cables?

Maes Stryker

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I have and unfortunately there is no difference. The battery is displaying a charge but the storage % is not increasing as I expected. I have put at least half a stack of steak into the burner without the battery storing even 1%.

EDIT: I tried operating a socket machine on a new 60% charged battery. After draining the charge to 0, I placed more fuel in the caliometric burner and again attempted to run the machine. Even with the battery at 0 charge, the machine (lacerator) operated at full speed. Could this be a bug? I'm still unable to charge the battery.

Last edited:

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, sorry to beat the dead horse to a shapeless lump, but I'd just like to ask what are different ways to mine? Also, the one that produces the least lag. I've used the Buildcraft Quarry, and the Thaumcraft Arcane Bore, but I find the Quarry to be way too laggy, and the Arcane Bore to be slightly inefficient. Preferably if the way to mine is automatable, etc. Thanks in advance people! And sorry to the horse...

Husher from engineer's toolbox. Seems like it would be laggy, but IDK.

Borer from RotaryCraft. Doesn't seem too laggy to me.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast

You could try a quarry turtle. They are not as fast as the quarry but they can be very efficient. If you are interested I suggest you review AustinKK's post on the CC forums.

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/7675-advanced-mining-turtle-ore-quarry/

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't mind the extra infrastructure needed to obtain the Pink Slime, and the high power requirements, the MFR Laser Drill is a good choice. It essentially is the "mass fabricator" for ores, if you want to put it metaphorically. Various focuses can fine-tune the drill to try to generate certain ores more than others.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Someone posted a thread on how to breed trees without bees, but I can't find that one anymore. Can anyone link it to me?

Lithuex

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Monster, but I can't seem to find Forestry's farms or combines. Anyone know if I can enable them or anything?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
In Thauncraft 3, you can make stuff in the crucible and the alembics and golems will clean up the mess of leftover aspects into jars. In Thaumcraft 4, the alembics go on an alchemical furnace, not the crucible. Is there a way to clean up the crucible? I can't see one. I know there's a new mechanic for automating crucible crafting but I don't think it's in the current packs, is it?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Someone posted a thread on how to breed trees without bees, but I can't find that one anymore. Can anyone link it to me?
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/look-ma-no-bees-or-how-to-make-trees-breed-themselves.32611/[DOUBLEPOST=1391861158][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm using Monster, but I can't seem to find Forestry's farms or combines. Anyone know if I can enable them or anything?
Since you mentioned combines, I assume you mean the old 1 block things from Forestry 1.x. They were on life support in Ultimate, but Sengir finally killed them. Now you can use the wonderful Multifarms... Okay, most people moved over to MFR systems, but I still like them.