Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
They were all over the place around the spawn area. Let me check... Rainbow Forest biome. Not a very big biome, but it contained about 23 rainbow trees, each one dropping about enough dyes to fill a double chest.
I meant where did you find the ghostwood, bloodwood etc. in overworld?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Same biome. Normal leaves, but all kinds of wood. I'm guessing the mod that adds Rainbow Forest does something to randomize the wood. There was one tree made entirely out of Redwood Bark.
Ahh gotcha now. Thought you had found actual nether trees :p
DyeTrees adds the Rainbow forest biomes filled with trees with dyed leaves with random wood(randomly picked between all vanilla and mod wood types).

Reactions: Museli

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Does anyone have any information about the TiCo Redstone Brick? The tooltip says "Emits Redstone signal up to 4 blocks away", but it just seems to behave like a Block of Redstone to me.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have any information about the TiCo Redstone Brick? The tooltip says "Emits Redstone signal up to 4 blocks away", but it just seems to behave like a Block of Redstone to me.
I got confused by that language as well. It's the signal strength, not some sort of wireless redstone. Run a line of redstone dust from the block - notice only 4 dust are lit up.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I got confused by that language as well. It's the signal strength, not some sort of wireless redstone. Run a line of redstone dust from the block - notice only 4 dust are lit up.
Yep, it's just a redstone block that emits at a strength of 4 instead of 15.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

paxy97

Jul 29, 2019
Is the openBlocks auto enchantment table broken? I used to be able to pump liquid xp into it with fluiducts(opaque), but that doesn't seem to work anymore :(. I'm using the DW20 1.6.4 1.0.14 modpack

Also forgot to mention, I'm using a xp drain and the tank from openBlocks to get liquidXp

Last edited:

Arete

Jul 29, 2019
Which config file(s) do I get into to default create the TE or TC metal blocks (3x3 ingot blocks) rather than the IC2 blocks? I'm using the DW20 1.6.4 1.0.14 modpack.

This is more for a purely aesthetic choice, I do know that the various copper/tin/lead/silver ingots are interchangeable, but the ic2 ones seem to be the default. And I can't figure out which config could change that.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Which config file(s) do I get into to default create the TE or TC metal blocks (3x3 ingot blocks) rather than the IC2 blocks? I'm using the DW20 1.6.4 1.0.14 modpack.

This is more for a purely aesthetic choice, I do know that the various copper/tin/lead/silver ingots are interchangeable, but the ic2 ones seem to be the default. And I can't figure out which config could change that.
I don't think there's a config for this per-se, but you might be able to get away with putting an "X" at the beginning of the IC2 mod file name so it loads later than TE3? Just guessing that whichever one registers their metal blocks first is the one it defaults to?

Edit: And yay for palindromic "binary" post counts!

Arete

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there's a config for this per-se, but you might be able to get away with putting an "X" at the beginning of the IC2 mod file name so it loads later than TE3? Just guessing that whichever one registers their metal blocks first is the one it defaults to?

Edit: And yay for palindromic "binary" post counts!

(Congrats on reaching that!)

I hadn't thought of trying that. But once I did.... unfortunately, it didn't work. Somehow IC2 seems to overridden the recipe altogether, the TE or TC block is available in NEI, but doesn't come up as a recipe off the ingots. Only the IC2 block.

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
What is the mod in magic farm 2 that makes your hunger drain faster I'm thinking of adding into my direwolf20 world to make things interesting.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
(Congrats on reaching that!)

I hadn't thought of trying that. But once I did.... unfortunately, it didn't work. Somehow IC2 seems to overridden the recipe altogether, the TE or TC block is available in NEI, but doesn't come up as a recipe off the ingots. Only the IC2 block.
Well, I can think of one other route. Use the TiC smeltery to cast a block of the metal, then use a MFR unifier or JABBA barrel set to lock mode to convert from the IC2 metal blocks to the TiC ones.

What is the mod in magic farm 2 that makes your hunger drain faster I'm thinking of adding into my direwolf20 world to make things interesting.
Iguana Tweaks, but watch out, it also reconfigures the entirety of the TiC tool progression system. I think that part can be disabled, but you'll need to do that yourself (unless you want it, of course).

Reactions: Infallible83

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I can think of one other route. Use the TiC smeltery to cast a block of the metal, then use a MFR unifier or JABBA barrel set to lock mode to convert from the IC2 metal blocks to the TiC ones.

Iguana Tweaks, but watch out, it also reconfigures the entirety of the TiC tool progression system. I think that part can be disabled, but you'll need to do that yourself (unless you want it, of course).

Ok thank you.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019

i thought it was hunger overhaul

Reactions: Dark0_0firE

zorn

Jul 29, 2019

Hunger overhaul by IguanaMan. He has three main mods, magic farm uses two of them. One directly changes the TiC tools and his main mod adds other challenges like encumbrance, reduced stack size and walking speed changes based in terrain.

Just a tip since I ran into it: without Pam's harvest craft at default settings the game is impossible. Iguana "suggests" using harvestcraft but it's really necessary unless you change the config to let grass drop seeds again. People on iguana's minecraftforum thread agreed when I asked.

paxy97

Jul 29, 2019
Is the openBlocks auto enchantment table broken? I used to be able to pump liquid xp into it with fluiducts(opaque), but that doesn't seem to work anymore :(. I'm using the DW20 1.6.4 1.0.14 modpack

Also forgot to mention, I'm using a xp drain and the tank from openBlocks to get liquidXp

Bump.
Please guys, anybody? :(