Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I am looking for a way to open a secret door when I approach a wall, I'm pretty good on player detector methods though I'd love to hear more because I'm sure I missed some. What I'm really looking for is a method of opening the wall. I'm using the Monster pack so there are no Redpower like frames which is how I had done it in the past. I am not equipped to do MFFS so that's out, though I do believe it has blocks that would satisfy my needs.
Drawbridges. Beware WR:CBE, though, because it's very crashy. My world is currently broken, maybe because of WR:CBE, maybe because of drawbridges, so back up before you build.

Morberis

Jul 29, 2019
Drawbridges. Beware WR:CBE, though, because it's very crashy. My world is currently broken, maybe because of WR:CBE, maybe because of drawbridges, so back up before you build.

Ah yes the Drawbridge from Tinkers Mechworks, doh! Thank you. Drawbridges aren't part of WR:CBE though. I am using some wireless redstone and I've encountered no problems.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Player Detector - Railcraft
The Railcraft Player Detector does not work for this. It emits a redstone signal when there is a minecart containing a player on a track next to it or above it. I'd say a shrouded pressure plate should do the trick

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Ah yes the Drawbridge from Tinkers Mechworks, doh! Thank you. Drawbridges aren't part of WR:CBE though. I am using some wireless redstone and I've encountered no problems.

The drawbridge is a great way to hide a door. However, there is a small gotcha involved. You have to invert the signal from the pressure plates. There is also some timing/delay issues to make sure the door stays open long enough for you to get through. I used rednet cable connected to a CC computer to control it. That way pressure plates on either side of the door would work. Below is the code I used. You will need to edit the side and maybe the colors if you go this route. Change the value of "sleep(2)" to adjust how long the door stays open. In my code the orange is connected to all of the pressure plates and white is connected to my drawbridges.

Code:
-- Set input and output colors and side below
colorIn = colors.orange
colorOut = colors.white
cableSide = "right"

-- Shut the door on restart of computer
redstone.setBundledOutput(cableSide, colorOut)

while true do
  if colors.test(redstone.getBundledInput(cableSide),colorIn) then
    redstone.setBundledOutput(cableSide, 0)
    sleep(2)
    redstone.setBundledOutput(cableSide, colorOut)
  end
  sleep(.1)
end

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
This is a pretty easy one. What is the best way for one to go about building a lava age with mystcraft? By lava age I mean an ocean replaced with lava. All I need to know is the specific combination to replace all the water with lava. I've tried lava block - ocean biome - single biome but that didn't work. Any help would be much appreciated.

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
Are Energy Cell input/output limits per side or per cell? For instance, if I set a Hardened Energy Cell to output on 4 different sides will it output 400RF/t on all 4 sides or will it get reduced to 100RF/t per side?

Thanks!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
This is a pretty easy one. What is the best way for one to go about building a lava age with mystcraft? By lava age I mean an ocean replaced with lava. All I need to know is the specific combination to replace all the water with lava. I've tried lava block - ocean biome - single biome but that didn't work. Any help would be much appreciated.

What you want is something similar to the following. Just make sure to keep the pages in the right order.
  • ocean biome
  • single biome
  • stone block
  • lava block
  • standard world generation
Then add your sun, moon, stars, weather and lighting pages you want. Don't forget to add some populators.
  • Standard lighting
  • zero length
  • east
  • zenith
  • normal sun
  • dark moon
  • dark stars
  • no weather
  • strongholds
  • ravines
  • mineshafts
The more interesting question I have is how do you keep mystcraft from generating a 2nd sun?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Can a Tinkers' Construct Lumber Axe cut down a Biomes O' Plenty Giant oak? The ones in the Sacred Springs biome.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to see better under lava? Using nightvision seems to give a little of vision, but not that great it seems. I'd like to be able to see a decent distance, or at least as well as you do in water.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Can a Tinkers' Construct Lumber Axe cut down a Biomes O' Plenty Giant oak? The ones in the Sacred Springs biome.
It depends. Technically it can, as long as the conditions for the lumber axe are met. I don't remember exactly, but it looks for leaf blocks at the "top" of the pillar of logs, with a max around 30(this is where I'm unsure) blocks. If it doesn't find leaf blocks above and/or around that top log, then it doesn't register it as a valid tree and just carves a 3x3x3 chunk of wood. So if you hit the sweet spot that meets those conditions, then yes, it will chop down the sacred oak.

Is there a way to see better under lava? Using nightvision seems to give a little of vision, but not that great it seems. I'd like to be able to see a decent distance, or at least as well as you do in water.
Have you tried the Respiration enchant? As odd as that sounds it may do something. Beyond that, not that I'm aware.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Does anyone know how the data for Applied Energistic's Storage Cells are stored in the save file? Our server might be doing a reset so we wanted to see if we could use storage cells in a player's inventory to transfer items over.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what Wand Focus: Pech's Curse does? It seems to do a small amout of damage when I cast it at mobs. 10 shots kills a regular zombie.
Pretty sure it applies a random bad effect on whomever it hits (poison, blind, nausea, slow, and I know I'm missing one). I guess it also does 2 damage/1 heart a hit as well.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how the data for Applied Energistic's Storage Cells are stored in the save file? Our server might be doing a reset so we wanted to see if we could use storage cells in a player's inventory to transfer items over.

The first question (that must be yes to continue at all) do the items stored in the cell have the same item ID's as they will have once the server is reset?

Second question, would you find it easier to copy and paste the region file (save file of chunks) with the AE system into a mystcraft age on the new server?

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for a way to open a secret door when I approach a wall...

Have a line of block breakers along the bottom and block deployers along the top you can use gravel or sand to create a wall. it can also be hidden to an extent by not making it a flat wall since you only need to build a column to have it work out.

To activate this, you could have trip wires. Or you could have a wooden pressure plate underground and you are required to toss an item into a hole that routes to said wooden pressure plate (maybe even a specific item if you want to be fancy) to open the door. Lots of options really.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
The first question (that must be yes to continue at all) do the items stored in the cell have the same item ID's as they will have once the server is reset?

Second question, would you find it easier to copy and paste the region file (save file of chunks) with the AE system into a mystcraft age on the new server?

We'll be updating from Monster 1.09 to the stable Monster (once it comes out. Hurry it up Slowpoke! jk). However, putting the Region file into a Mystcraft age is a pretty good idea. I assume once the age is created we can just transfer the Region file over?

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
We'll be updating from Monster 1.09 to the stable Monster (once it comes out. Hurry it up Slowpoke! jk). However, putting the Region file into a Mystcraft age is a pretty good idea. I assume once the age is created we can just transfer the Region file over?

Yes, you can overwrite region files so long as all the IDs havent changed. If you know the specific region file your chunk is in you can rename the region file to 0,0 or something and it will be right near the center of the world (x0,z0).

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
In Monster, is the Overworld supposed to contain Ghostwood trees, Bloodwood, Timewood, Sortingwood, etc.? Those are supposed to be in the Nether and Twilight Forest. I guess as they don't contain the active blocks such as Minewood Core it isn't an issue, it's just another kind of wood. Also, rainbow trees? Really? That's a lot of free Lapis, and a looooot of dye!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
In Monster, is the Overworld supposed to contain Ghostwood trees, Bloodwood, Timewood, Sortingwood, etc.? Those are supposed to be in the Nether and Twilight Forest. I guess as they don't contain the active blocks such as Minewood Core it isn't an issue, it's just another kind of wood. Also, rainbow trees? Really? That's a lot of free Lapis, and a looooot of dye!
Where did you find those nether trees? In a specific biome?
As for DyeTrees, yeah its one of the mods I disable. I might want to be able to dye trees for my own use for some whacky project, but I don't want them to spawn naturally and definitely not drop valuable resources.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Where did you find those nether trees? In a specific biome?
As for DyeTrees, yeah its one of the mods I disable. I might want to be able to dye trees for my own use for some whacky project, but I don't want them to spawn naturally and definitely not drop valuable resources.
They were all over the place around the spawn area. Let me check... Rainbow Forest biome. Not a very big biome, but it contained about 23 rainbow trees, each one dropping about enough dyes to fill a double chest.