Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
2 questions:

It seems Apatite ore is generating differently in 1.6 than in 1.4 and 1.5. You used to find huge veins of it, now I find 2 or 3 ores at a time. The config says this:

<UNIFORM> Generation settings for OreApatitef; Defaults: ClusterSize = 6, NumClusters = 7, MinY = 50, MaxY = 85

So this means in any chunk, there will be 7 clusters of 6 apatite ore, between y50 and y85? If I need Apatite, is it best to strip mine in these levels? Does anyone know why Cofh would change this?

Second question: in the forestry config, it says you can change Multifarms to be Square, instead of diamond shape. Does anyone know if this changes the usefulness of multifarms, or is it just for aesthetics?
it's not really cofh changing it, Cofh has the option to change worldgen for any ores and FTB modpack team changed it as they saw fit, and setting multifarms to square gives a huge increase in farmable terrain last i checked

Reactions: zorn

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft 4 Questions:

What happens if I feed a bottled node to a hungry node?

What if I just deploy the node inside the kill range of the hungry node?

The usual modus operandi is that the hungry node ingests the blocks near itself (including tile entities like nodes) and stores the consumed aspects internally. If you then break the hungry node, you get a large amount of ethereal essences.

As such, by feeding it a node, it should convert the aspects on that node into ethereal essences if you break it afterwards.

it's not really cofh changing it, Cofh has the option to change worldgen for any ores and FTB modpack team changed it as they saw fit, and setting multifarms to square gives a huge increase in farmable terrain last i checked

Indeed, the smallest size farm for example goes from 72 to 112 farmland, which is a 55% increase.

This config setting is a great way to make multifarms more attractive next to cheaper offerings like MFR, resulting in a more uniformely balanced modpack. The large entry purchase remains, but you get a lot more bang for your buck. I often use the setting in my worlds.

Reactions: kaovalin and zorn

andrew19902013

Jul 29, 2019
What biomes are best for finding terra? I've been doing a spiral pattern out from my base and have covered a circle approximately 2000 in diameter but haven't found any.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm trying to make one massive MFR treefarm and have it plant multiple types of trees on the same farm. I know how to user the config in the planter to achieve this, but I always seem to run into an issue where overtime the inventory of the planter gets overtaken by one type of sapling.

I know this would be easy to achieve with the old xycraft manager, but seeing as there isn't a xycraft, is there any way to achieve the same function? (Having 1 stack each of say, 6 different types of saplings kept in stock at all times.)
I just use an export bus on the planter and configure it for the 6 types of saplings. The trick is, I "prep" the planter first. Which means I would fill all the slots with the 6 different type of saplings (at least 2 slots per sapling type) and then enable the export bus.

Now your problem should only happen when the planter needs more then 2 stacks of saplings at once, which should seem unlikely, even for the bigger farms. Or when chopping the tree's does not yield enough saplings to refill the planter. This can occur when your harvesters are too slow and most tree's grow next to each other, with the leafs overlapping each other. In that case, use more harvesters. Always use more harvesters!

As already said you can also use routers, but that's not really needed in my experience.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I know this would be easy to achieve with the old xycraft manager, but seeing as there isn't a xycraft, is there any way to achieve the same function? (Having 1 stack each of say, 6 different types of saplings kept in stock at all times.)
Translocators or Routers as already suggested. Possibly OpenPeripherals. Or, add Steve's Factory Manager to your pack.

filimaryus

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 - 1.6.4

I started my world with the standard pack, and after about 2 weeks of play i get more & more & more annoyed about the Hats. I had disabled the hats mod, but still no result... any tips on how to disable for good?

thanks

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 - 1.6.4

I started my world with the standard pack, and after about 2 weeks of play i get more & more & more annoyed about the Hats. I had disabled the hats mod, but still no result... any tips on how to disable for good?

thanks

Remove it from your pack completely.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
The usual modus operandi is that the hungry node ingests the blocks near itself (including tile entities like nodes) and stores the consumed aspects internally. If you then break the hungry node, you get a large amount of ethereal essences.

As such, by feeding it a node, it should convert the aspects on that node into ethereal essences if you break it afterwards.

Indeed, the smallest size farm for example goes from 72 to 112 farmland, which is a 55% increase.

This config setting is a great way to make multifarms more attractive next to cheaper offerings like MFR, resulting in a more uniformely balanced modpack. The large entry purchase remains, but you get a lot more bang for your buck. I often use the setting in my worlds.

Since you have to make more farm bricks is it really cheaper? I guess it means two square farms = 3 diamond shaped farms so it saves you making an extra middle section. Is this what you mean?

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list anywhere showing what is found where? (magic farm 2 if it makes a difference)
Is there a way to transport spring water without an amethyst bucket?
Blood Magic altars, what's the range for sacrificing? (xz and y)

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, meant ores, biome specific items and other world gen stuff.
Specifically looking for amethyst right now, but been curios about everything else for a while. Just hoping some one has complied a list of everything somewhere.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, meant ores, biome specific items and other world gen stuff.
Specifically looking for amethyst right now, but been curios about everything else for a while. Just hoping some one has complied a list of everything somewhere.
Amethyst is only found in the BoP Promised Land

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Since you have to make more farm bricks is it really cheaper? I guess it means two square farms = 3 diamond shaped farms so it saves you making an extra middle section. Is this what you mean?
You don't need more farm blocks. The center multiblock (which is the only part you need farm blocks for) remains the same size with either config. It's the "platter" of stone bricks or whatever valid blocks you decide to use that's bigger, and those of of negligible price in my opinion. Unless you decide to use quartz blocks for your multifarm, but that's a personal choice.

Morberis

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for a way to open a secret door when I approach a wall, I'm pretty good on player detector methods though I'd love to hear more because I'm sure I missed some. What I'm really looking for is a method of opening the wall. I'm using the Monster pack so there are no Redpower like frames which is how I had done it in the past. I am not equipped to do MFFS so that's out, though I do believe it has blocks that would satisfy my needs. So does anyone have any ideas they'd like to share or videos they'd like to show me?

Player detector options
Pressure Plate
Player Detector - Railcraft
Player Detector - Rotarycraft
Proximity Detector - Expanded Redstone - This seems to be the ticket

Secret Door
Sticky Piston setup
MFFS - Out

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
^Not trying to be Captain Obvious here or anything, but... pistons?

EDIT: Wait, saw just now that you had mentioned it already. In that case, I guess I have nothing to add.

EDIT2: Oh, wait again! You said you wanted to open the wall, not necessarily close it. In that case, a Block Breaker setup could work. Or a Dispenser with a Fire charge, shooting at your highly flammable wll.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need more farm blocks. The center multiblock (which is the only part you need farm blocks for) remains the same size with either config. It's the "platter" of stone bricks or whatever valid blocks you decide to use that's bigger, and those of of negligible price in my opinion. Unless you decide to use quartz blocks for your multifarm, but that's a personal choice.

Ahh, ok I totally mis read how to make multifarms. Have always used MFR farms but in my new world i increased the power draw of them so Im making a multifarm. I thought the whole platter had to be made of farm blocks. Ok so definitely the square platter makes them cheaper. Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, so I can make the platter out of basalt from project red then?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Wherever did you get the idea of making more farm bricks?

The config setting increases the amount of farmland a given farm can work. The farm multiblock itself stays the same. A 3x3 farm multiblock under default settings is still a 3x3 farm multiblock with the square layout setting enabled.

EDIT: Wow, sniped hard. That's what I get for looking away for a moment before hitting submit :p

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, ok I totally mis read how to make multifarms. Have always used MFR farms but in my new world i increased the power draw of them so Im making a multifarm. I thought the whole platter had to be made of farm blocks. Ok so definitely the square platter makes them cheaper. Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, so I can make the platter out of basalt from project red then?
No worries.

And I don't think you can. I'm pretty sure the platter has to be made of one of the materials that can be used to make the farm blocks, though it doesn't have to be the same one that is used in the multifarm (ie, you can use quartz blocks to make the multifarm and use stone bricks for the platter).