Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
um is 32.64 affinity enough for this to be happening? though to be perfectly honest I'm kinda lost within affinities.
No, because the lightning affinity causes you to be struck while a storm is happening

And storms don't happen in the nether

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
watch
No, because the lightning affinity causes you to be struck while a storm is happening

And storms don't happen in the nether

WATCH VIDEO please! I'm in nether GETTING struck by lightning! I'm just wanting to figure it out!

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
They don't seem to be willing to put buckets in it either. But yes, decanting golems work (somewhat - they're quite buggy). But for adding/removing liquid I can use liquid loaders/unloaders; it is specifically loading up the liquids in buckets I'm after.
TBH I think you may need to expand your mod list to include a TE3 Liquid Transposer. I know you mentioned just wanting those three mods, but that'll do what you want 100% reliably.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

count_zero99uk

Jul 29, 2019
watch

WATCH VIDEO please! I'm in nether GETTING struck by lightning! I'm just wanting to figure it out!

When something like that happens to me I take it down to its basic components, I would take off all the armour and items that you have and go in the nether bare, see if its some item that you have that is causing the strike. Having not used horizon I cant really advice too much, but my personal bug checking would have me do that. Also if ars magica has something called Lightening Afinity, id be thinking its something on that but again I haven't used it so couldn't really comment.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
anyone have an automated way of turning essence berries into Xp?
You can auto harvest them with golems. Have them pile up in a barrel, use them when they get close to full.

I'd set it up so the barrel is next to an OpenBlocks XP Drain for use with their liquid experience

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
You can auto harvest them with golems. Have them pile up in a barrel, use them when they get close to full.

I'd set it up so the barrel is next to an OpenBlocks XP Drain for use with their liquid experience
no way of turning them into exp without a player being present though?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
no way of turning them into exp without a player being present though?
closest you could get would be crafting them into bottles o' enchanting and then, if liquid xp is what you are after using a dispenser to launch the bottles near a vacuum hopper/other xp gathering device

Beechlgz

Jul 29, 2019
In Magic Farm 2, sapling growth delay can be edited in the Hunger Overhaul config file, and is set at 2 by default. However changing this value doesn't appear to have any effect in-game. I've tried setting it at a range of values between 0.1 and 1000, but saplings grow at their usual very fast pace. I'm looking to slow them down considerably.

Does anyone know why this won't work and if there's a way to get it to work?

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
In Horizons, is there any object that functions like gates used to from Unleashed? I want a dynamo to charge a redstone energy cell- but only when it needs charged. Will vanilla comparators work?

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
In Horizons, is there any object that functions like gates used to from Unleashed? I want a dynamo to charge a redstone energy cell- but only when it needs charged. Will vanilla comparators work?

I don't think you have to do anything special to make that happen.

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
yes, you can use vanilla comparators if you're in one of the newer versions of horizons.

Jaded has hinted at a very compact mod-only solution, but the best I could do was a 2 comparators, with one backed against the energy cell, and one backed against a furnace (with 2 full stacks of stone in the fuel and burn slots). Your comparator will only emit when it's more than 60% full (IIRC), so set your dynamos to redstone low and you shouldn't have any power waste.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
As a follow up to my last question, since tome of knowledge sharing doesn't seem to exist for TC4, is there any way to automate Magical Crops plants besides golems? The only other thing I know of that can auto-harvest is MFR, and that doesn't work.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
As a follow up to my last question, since tome of knowledge sharing doesn't seem to exist for TC4, is there any way to automate Magical Crops plants besides golems? The only other thing I know of that can auto-harvest is MFR, and that doesn't work.
Knowledge Sharing does exist, if you have Thaumic Tinkerer. And why wouldn't you?

As for crop automation, I don't think so. Magical Crops is a good mod but its mod integration is pretty much non-existent.[DOUBLEPOST=1390511431][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could give this a try: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...e-updated-100114/page__st__2140#entry28258283

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
People keep saying it's there, but NEI shows me nothing and even looking in the config I don't see an ID setting for it.
Is TT enabled? I seem to recall Monster has some portion of it disabled by default.

Hannibal_00

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to change a tainted node into a normal or pure node using another pure node?
Direwolf20 1.0.11
Thaumcraft 4.0.5b

2014-01-23_13.59.59.png

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I

It is.
It should be part of the "basic information" section of the Thaumonomicon then, right above the Thaumonomicon and Knowledge Fragments. It's a pretty early research; a recent world corruption destroyed all of my research and it was like the third thing I got back, although I think there is a config to disable it.