Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get half ingots out of a smeltery? I'm about to make an Ardite rod, but I only want to make 1 and that leaves half an ingot, or in TiC terms, a chunk in there.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get half ingots out of a smeltery? I'm about to make an Ardite rod, but I only want to make 1 and that leaves half an ingot, or in TiC terms, a chunk in there.

You can just make another rod and hang onto it. It can be resmelted.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Pushing the boundary of a simple question, I know, but its not severe enough to warrant the support forum. I'm getting this error showing in console, sometimes up to once a second, sometimes it can go 10 minutes without it. I have tried removing chunk loaders and ender chests as I thought it might be something to do with those, but I still got it. Has anyone got any idea where I might start to look?

Code:
2014-01-22 18:29:13 [INFO] [STDERR] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
2014-01-22 18:29:13 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:894)
2014-01-22 18:29:13 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(HashMap.java:922)
2014-01-22 18:29:13 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_74734_a(SourceFile:25)
2014-01-22 18:29:13 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTBase.func_74731_a(SourceFile:119)
2014-01-22 18:29:13 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74800_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:140)
2014-01-22 18:29:13 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75821_a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:198)
2014-01-22 18:29:13 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75814_c(AnvilChunkLoader.java:184)
2014-01-22 18:29:13 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.storage.ThreadedFileIOBase.func_75736_b(SourceFile:30)
2014-01-22 18:29:13 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.world.storage.ThreadedFileIOBase.run(SourceFile:23)
2014-01-22 18:29:13 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Pushing the boundary of a simple question, I know, but its not severe enough to warrant the support forum. I'm getting this error showing in console, sometimes up to once a second, sometimes it can go 10 minutes without it. I have tried removing chunk loaders and ender chests as I thought it might be something to do with those, but I still got it. Has anyone got any idea where I might start to look?

I don't understand this, but if the game still runs just fine, why does it matter?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else having issues with bees not stacking? I have at least two sets of drones for each species of forestry (not sure about binnie's or magical bees) and they seem to behave like they have different traits ie with some princesses they make 2/whatever unstacking drones.

These are freshly harvested bees strait from the field being shoved into bee houses

So, just for my own peace of mind, I did a little experiment. Drones do get Ignoble status in a round about way. They are 'artificial' origin. This appears to come from the princess when bread, but I cannot be bothered to look more into this. I am just going to purify my collection with the magic of NEI cheat mode.

Also: drones from wild stock ie a freshly broken hive will also have the '0 generations in captivity trait'. Drones from breeding will not so I now have 4 stacks of unidentified drones which I have not been cross breading with anything or any added traits, just those that meadows have naturally from being gathered or bread for one freaking generation with themselves.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
So, just for my own peace of mind, I did a little experiment. Drones do get Ignoble status in a round about way. They are 'artificial' origin. This appears to come from the princess when bread, but I cannot be bothered to look more into this. I am just going to purify my collection with the magic of NEI cheat mode.

Also: drones from wild stock ie a freshly broken hive will also have the '0 generations in captivity trait'. Drones from breeding will not so I now have 4 stacks of unidentified drones which I have not been cross breading with anything or any added traits, just those that meadows have naturally from being gathered or bread for one freaking generation with themselves.
Make an indexer, slap a fuzzy storage bus on top, no more problem.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Are iron tanks completely incompatible with hoppers? I can't seem to insert or extract buckets to/from them.

EDIT: And if so, do you have any suggestions on how to insert/remove buckets automatically to them using only vanilla, railcraft and thaumcraft?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Are iron tanks completely incompatible with hoppers? I can't seem to insert or extract buckets to/from them.

EDIT: And if so, do you have any suggestions on how to insert/remove buckets automatically to them using only vanilla, railcraft and thaumcraft?
Golems? Especially Decanting.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
-snip-

I have this as well, but the only fix that worked was removing my endertanks (not happening). It's not affecting my game, so I'm just going to ride it out until they figure out the issue.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I have this as well, but the only fix that worked was removing my endertanks (not happening). It's not affecting my game, so I'm just going to ride it out until they figure out the issue.
There's a complex explanation for this, but the short answer is that it has to do with the way mods/mod authors interact with Java and you should probably just get used to seeing stuff like that in the console.

I think Eyamaz posted a more detailed explanation of console error spam somewhere around here if you care to look.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Excluding Ars Magica spells, golden apples and potions, is there anything else that gives a player Regeneration or Instant Health?

what is causing lightning in nether in horizon? through blocks ON peaceful?
Do you have high Lightning Affinity from Ars Magica? IIRC that causes you to be struck by lighting.

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
Excluding Ars Magica spells, golden apples and potions, is there anything else that gives a player Regeneration or Instant Health?

Do you have high Lightning Affinity from Ars Magica? IIRC that causes you to be struck by lighting.

um is 32.64 affinity enough for this to be happening? though to be perfectly honest I'm kinda lost within affinities.

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Golems? Especially Decanting.
They don't seem to be willing to put buckets in it either. But yes, decanting golems work (somewhat - they're quite buggy). But for adding/removing liquid I can use liquid loaders/unloaders; it is specifically loading up the liquids in buckets I'm after.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019

Dartcraft's heart canisters (from killing mobs) provide instant health. Geostrata's crystal formations have a variety of powers including regen. I want to say there is a wand focus from one of the thaumcraft addons that has a healing effect. The beautific (or whatever) effect from bees like the imperial strain.