Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of Itemduct questions:

1)How does the servo upgrade work? I put one in an itemduct connected to two inventories and was able to configure filters for those inventories, but when I add one to an itemduct only connected to other itemducts, I can't seem to access the gui at all. I've tried clicking the duct with an openhand every way I know how with no result.

2)In my test world I tried hooking up and itemduct to a quarry in multiple ways, with and without a redstone signal or a servo upgrade, and none of them seem to work. The itemduct connects visually, but the quarry still just spits it's items out of the top. BC pipes work as normal. Is this intentional, a bug, or am I just derping really hard?

Fullyl0ad3d

Jul 29, 2019
For Extra Utilities Deep Dark, where is the Deep Dark stored? Can I edit it in MC-Edit?
I ask because I think a quarry is loading part of what needs to be, and when an item is getting to the end of the chunk loaded area in a pipe, the client crashes. I think a chunk loader in the deep dark would fix this.

Direwolf20 1.6

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
For Extra Utilities Deep Dark, where is the Deep Dark stored? Can I edit it in MC-Edit?
I ask because I think a quarry is loading part of what needs to be, and when an item is getting to the end of the chunk loaded area in a pipe, the client crashes. I think a chunk loader in the deep dark would fix this.

Direwolf20 1.6
Pretty sure it's Dimension -100.

mattyice2424

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys a question about the electric engine that is hooked up to a quarry. mine is running at a horrible speed. i even tried to put 3 engines on one quarry and it was still one block every 3 seconds. it is powered by a batbox which is hooked up to 2 solar panels. what am i doing wrong?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Quarry speed maxes out at 50 mj/t or so. An unupgraded electrical engine outputs 2mj/t and requires 6 eu/t to do so.

Your 2 solar panels output 1 eu/t each but only during the day which is approximately half of 1 minecraft day. This means you are making 1 eu/t which equals out to 0.3 mj/t.

mattyice2424

Jul 29, 2019
Quarry speed maxes out at 50 mj/t or so. An unupgraded electrical engine outputs 2mj/t and requires 6 eu/t to do so.

Your 2 solar panels output 1 eu/t each but only during the day which is approximately half of 1 minecraft day. This means you are making 1 eu/t which equals out to 0.3 mj/t.
what should i do then? i forgot to say one is an advanced solar panel and the other is a low voltage solar array. does that make a difference? how can i increase power?
Screen Shot 2014-01-02 at 11.19.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-01-02 at 11.19.59 PM.png

thats the advanced solar panel and low voltage solar array with glass fibre cables attached then hooked up to a batbox with a copper cable into the electric engine

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
A batbox outputs 32 eu/t and each of those panels outputs 8 eu/t during the day. The advanced one outputs 1 eu/t at night is the only difference. The best solution is to use more engines or a more powerful type.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of Itemduct questions:

1)How does the servo upgrade work? I put one in an itemduct connected to two inventories and was able to configure filters for those inventories, but when I add one to an itemduct only connected to other itemducts, I can't seem to access the gui at all. I've tried clicking the duct with an openhand every way I know how with no result.

2)In my test world I tried hooking up and itemduct to a quarry in multiple ways, with and without a redstone signal or a servo upgrade, and none of them seem to work. The itemduct connects visually, but the quarry still just spits it's items out of the top. BC pipes work as normal. Is this intentional, a bug, or am I just derping really hard?

1) servos are only for itemducts that interact with inventories so placing them on one that connects only to itemducts is unnecessary.

2) sounds like a bug that you might want to report to the cofh team, in the meantime try attaching a chest to the quarry and pulling from the chest.

Is it possible to grow giant flowers from the mod biomes o plenty?
You should be able to bonemeal red and yellow flowers to get them to grow big, this may require them to be in the correct biome or on the garden biome's grass (long grass? forgot what it is called). I have only tested it in 1.5 unleashed in the garden biome

Ok :) No worries, I'll just leave the laser running blank and I'll get a bunch of everything.[DOUBLEPOST=1388659467][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nether quartz doesn't really subsitute much in terms of crafting... Stuff like fluix dust requires both quartz dusts anyway.

Nether quartz is a lifesaver for making silicone though. And at least in 1.5 none of the focuses affected the certus quartz at all (in my own tests), so if you are after something in particular from your laser drill you can probably still go for it.

what should i do then? i forgot to say one is an advanced solar panel and the other is a low voltage solar array. does that make a difference? how can i increase power?
thats the advanced solar panel and low voltage solar array with glass fibre cables attached then hooked up to a batbox with a copper cable into the electric engine

The electrical engine can be updated by inserting a circuit board upgraded with various tubes. The most power it can output is 14 MJ/t consuming 50 eu/t unless my math skills have failed me or something changed in 1.6.
For your current setup You can go with 1 tin tube in a basic circuit board max for full output or just use two engines (3 would run, just not at full output)

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hello!

Just a quickie. In Unleashed I try to set up a Multi-Farm to harvest Sugarcane. I know how they work, but somehow it doesn't harvest them. Does humidity matter like it does with bees? Right now I'm in a normal biome.

Thanks in advance :)
Humidity only matter in how much water the farm consumes when running.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
what should i do then? i forgot to say one is an advanced solar panel and the other is a low voltage solar array. does that make a difference? how can i increase power?View attachment 9041 View attachment 9041

3 electrical engines is equal to one combustion engine running fuel, so it should not take 3 seconds to move one block IF the batbox still has energy. Three engines will use 18 eu/t, but your solar panels are only putting out 16 during the day... your batbox should not ever have any energy in it using 3 engines. But it should move faster than 1 block every few seconds, during the day.

Basically you need more power. solars are weak because they are infinite power. just get some oil and make a refinery, hook it up to a couple combustion engines on fuel, that will get it moving for you. Electrical engines are not efficient at converting the power for a reason, you sacrifice efficiency for convenience, but you have little power so you really need efficiency. So make some combustion engines or the other way is to get a lot mroe solar power, then you dont need to worry about efficiency.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
I've been watching the newest DW20 lets play, and I can't figure out how he crafts things so fast. He finds the machine he wants to make in NEI, hits the question mark, and pulls the finished product out of the crafting grid if he has everything in his inventory to make it.

I've tried to do it myself, but it doesn't work for me. Does he hit a special key or something that allows him to do that, or is it some config setting or something?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've been watching the newest DW20 lets play, and I can't figure out how he crafts things so fast. He finds the machine he wants to make in NEI, hits the question mark, and pulls the finished product out of the crafting grid if he has everything in his inventory to make it.

I've tried to do it myself, but it doesn't work for me. Does he hit a special key or something that allows him to do that, or is it some config setting or something?
Hold shift and click the "?".

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if you're asking or telling me!

I dont think I tried holding shift before hitting the ?, just when trying to take the finished item out. I'll give it a shot. Good idea.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm not sure if you're asking or telling me!

I dont think I tried holding shift before hitting the ?, just when trying to take the finished item out. I'll give it a shot. Good idea.
Telling you sorry. Fixed it :p
Just clicking the "?" button normally ghosts out the recipe for you. Holding shift and clicking the "?" button will auto fill the recipe out if possible.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question about Magical Crops (Monster):

Are the crops sometimes supposed to give you extra seeds? I've been auto-farming the same two ender seeds for hours now, should I try hand farming instead?