Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Strangely enough, JABBA is good at taking care of this issue. Place the ingot or dust you prefer to use into the barrel first. Any other ingot or dust of that type (copper, tin, etc.) will be changed to match the one you originally entered.

Example:

1. Put in a Thermal Expansion copper ingot into the barrel.
2. Lock the barrel.
3. Put in a stack of Engineers Toolbox copper into the barrel.
4. Pull all copper out of the barrel. It's all Thermal Expansion copper.

Reactions: Makin911

Makin911

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! i will try that.

But still, it doesnt change the fact that the macerator and pulverizer makes 2 different items that has the same usage

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Thanks! i will try that.

But still, it doesnt change the fact that the macerator and pulverizer makes 2 different items that has the same usage
Best you can do is disable the ore generation of one mod or the other for ores of the same type.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
NVM, found a way, pulverized iron dust + nickel dust = tiny piles of invar which I can use to make a big pile to make an ingot. Slowly getting there...

If it's any consolation, I had the exact same problem - running in circles thru NEI. Dang GT invar recipes.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing direwolf 1.6.4 with Metallurgy added. i have now several different ingots, dusts and blocks. of the same ingot, dust and block. its starting to get really annoying having 4 different types of lead, lead dust, tin, tin dust etc.

Is there anyway to make this problem go away?
Run your stuff through a Unifier from MFR.

Theotargon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to get Raw Essence at an Essence Nexus in Ars Magica 2 other than placing buckets of raw essence from world gen under it?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to convert an unleashed world to the 1.6.4 equivelent?
Short answer: no.

Long answer: only if you're very skilled/meticulous with mods and IDs, and even then expect to lose all your fluids and almost all of your tile entites. And expect it to take you many days of work to even get that far.

AlwaysGoofingOff

Jul 29, 2019
Do all mods have configs?

I just dropped Blood Magic into Monster. The game seems to load fine and I see the items in NEI. But there was no config file/folder to copy over. Am I missing something or should I be good to go?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Do all mods have configs?

I just dropped Blood Magic into Monster. The game seems to load fine and I see the items in NEI. But there was no config file/folder to copy over. Am I missing something or should I be good to go?
The config you're looking for is called "AWWayofTime.cfg".

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to use thaumcraft infusion crafting- if it's unstable, it tends to generate flux over items and around, knocking off them and all the anti-flux decorations (which is intended), and reset it's Essentias. How am i suppose to be able to infuse something if every time any flux event happens, both the flux relaxing skulls fly off and replaced with immovable flux fluid (which cause more flux build-up, which cause more flux build-up...), And the entire essentia it consumed is gone, effectively erasing any progress?

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of a good guide for someone starting with bees?

my general starting tips:
stabilize each species you make.
keep breeding until your drones stack for two-three cycles. they may stack once, but if the primary/secondary traits don't match, you can get a set that doesn't stack the next cycle.
use oblivion frames if you can get them. they speed up breeding cycles enormously.
I take a spare princess and create a duplicate, so I always have 2 copies of each species- one for production/collection, one for breeding further.

go for industrious/imperial as your first primary species.
these will be your workhorses for honey and alveary production.

this is the authors starting guide
http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki.new/doku.php?id=bees:intro

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a special tool to break metal posts from railcraft? using a pickaxe just destroys the post.