Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
But the percentage is moving 4 times faster than when I only had 16 solars.

Yes, because the limit is not enforced. Nothing keeps the mass fab from accepting any number of EU. It is special in the way that it doesn't have an EU usage rating, it uses anything and everything it gets. However, IF machines explosions WERE enabled, which they are currently not, but IF they were, then the mass fab would explode on receiving more than 8192 EU/t. No matter how many transformer upgrades you put in there. No machine can survive more than 8192 EU/t input (not usage, input) IF machine explosions are enabled.

dieselfuelonly

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I give up. Can anyone figure out how to make Invar ingots/dust/anything in Monster + Gregtech? I need the TE induction smelter to make invar, but that needs invar plates. Or I need the IC2 alloy smelter, but that needs invar plates too. Can't make invar to get invar. Any ideas?

[EDIT]

NVM, found a way, pulverized iron dust + nickel dust = tiny piles of invar which I can use to make a big pile to make an ingot. Slowly getting there...

Theotargon

Jul 29, 2019
In Thaumcraft 4 is there any way to capture an aura node thats inside a Silverwood Tree or Obsidian Totem in a jar to relocate it?

megamaster44

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to set custom config files for FTB packs[DOUBLEPOST=1388024154][/DOUBLEPOST]
In Thaumcraft 4 is there any way to capture an aura node thats inside a Silverwood Tree or Obsidian Totem in a jar to relocate it?
Build the jar around the block with the aura node[DOUBLEPOST=1388024337][/DOUBLEPOST]
Simple question eh?
Fine.
Do I need both logistics pipes?View attachment 8868
yes the ones on the top tell things which direction they need to go

Lee31893

Jul 29, 2019
WHY DO I HAVE THESE lol? Even if I create a new world these fall from the sky like rain
2013-12-25_22.28.15.png

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
easter egg by portal gun, disable in configs or change your computer clock so it is no longer christmas

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
When using Paint Cans from open blocks. I can paint from the paint can. but if i pick the can up and place it down, the next time i right click it with the paintbrush it drops a bucket.
I was trying braking by hand, by pickaxe with shift,...
Is there a right way to move a paint can?

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
After playing Tekkit Lite for a while, I just began playing FTB Ultimate on the same computer.

In Tekkit Lite I can swoosh around with Fancy graphics, render distance Far and Smooth Lightning without any lag issues.

FTB requires me to have render distance set to Short, Fast graphics, turning Smooth Lightning off, minimizing particle effects and run Max FPS to avoid intense lag. Mind you, we're talking about the exact same computer here.

Which mod(s) make FTB so much more demanding to run than Tekkit Lite? I'm suspecting Thaumcraft, having this Vis and Aura stuff requiring extra computations for every block. Is there any way to disable the offending mod(s) without screwing up an existing world? Thanks in advance.

TomScheeper

Jul 29, 2019
I've accidentally clicked on my assembling machine while holding a steel plate (railcraft). Then the top of the machine turned grey, how can I get my plate back and what effect does the plate have on the machine?
wGZ6d6z.png

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
After playing Tekkit Lite for a while, I just began playing FTB Ultimate on the same computer.

In Tekkit Lite I can swoosh around with Fancy graphics, render distance Far and Smooth Lightning without any lag issues.

FTB requires me to have render distance set to Short, Fast graphics, turning Smooth Lightning off, minimizing particle effects and run Max FPS to avoid intense lag. Mind you, we're talking about the exact same computer here.

Which mod(s) make FTB so much more demanding to run than Tekkit Lite? I'm suspecting Thaumcraft, having this Vis and Aura stuff requiring extra computations for every block. Is there any way to disable the offending mod(s) without screwing up an existing world? Thanks in advance.
In Ultimate the FPS lag culprits were commonly RedPower and Xycraft as well as EBXL if you had that active and were near redwoods. Keep in mind, though, that Ultimate was designed to be, well, the ultimate tech mod pack for 1.4. Tekkit Lite, on the other hand, was designed specifically to be a low impact pack that would run well on low end machines. If you want an apples to apples comparison, I suggest comparing FTBLite/FTBLite2 to Tekkit Lite.

I will say that I saw a slight FPS bump when I moved to Unleashed (the 1.5 version of Ultimate). I haven't had too much time to play with Monster (the 1.6 equivalent), but I suspect things have gotten better since Mojang keep updating the base code and mod authors refine their code as well.

megamaster44

Jul 29, 2019
Another post.
In ftb Unleashed, what is the cheapest way tp teleport items?
(In terms of building costs)
Ender chests from the ender storage mod work the best but it is hard to say which is cheaper tesseracts or ender chests so if it is just for a one time occurence then use ender chests if it is for many uses then tesseracts are cheaper

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
I've accidentally clicked on my assembling machine while holding a steel plate (railcraft). Then the top of the machine turned grey, how can I get my plate back and what effect does the plate have on the machine?

Congratulations! You have successfully added a decorative cover to your machine. It will act like a cover that has no function (thus blocking any input/output on the side it is placed). You can remove it like any other cover (which, I think, would be the screwdriver).

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019

You can remove covers using a crowbar (I think the railcraft one works aswell).

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys.

In voxelmap, when biome overlay is enabled, how do you know which color matches which biome ?

Is there a key somewhere ?

Makin911

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing direwolf 1.6.4 with Metallurgy added. i have now several different ingots, dusts and blocks. of the same ingot, dust and block. its starting to get really annoying having 4 different types of lead, lead dust, tin, tin dust etc.

Is there anyway to make this problem go away?