Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Flying saves me a lot of times. I always make sure I have a jetpack whenever I enter the Nether.
Also Potion of Fire Resistance are useful when fighting blazes, but you need to have some blaze rods to make them iirc.

Pericus

Jul 29, 2019
Flying saves me a lot of times. I always make sure I have a jetpack whenever I enter the Nether.
Also Potion of Fire Resistance are useful when fighting blazes, but you need to have some blaze rods to make them iirc.

I have 2 imp leather how much does that help? If I had enough to make the armour I mean...

@GPuzzle
Ah yes those spiders... and the fire bats..and... so walls it is

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm playing on a server with a private pack on 1.6.4 similar to unleashed. I really do not like the nether mainly because I tend to die there a lot. But his keeps me from getting my AE system, advanced tiCo tools and I would like some ender-tanks and chests.

I think my armour is not up to scratch I ise iron armour I do not have diamonds to spare what are the alternatives?
I would like to mine the nether quarts and the tiCo ores what would be the best way to do this?

What are your not dying in the nether strategies?
I tend to go to the nether early with some stacks of dirt purely to get some glowstone. Then I go back and creates a jetpack. Then I usually don't go back to the nether unless I have made the IC2/Gravisuite Nano armour and Advanced Nano chestplate. Then I can survive easily and can rather safely go search for needed resources.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
The config for this is actually in game for the gui

Type /amuicfg and you get to edit it (Ars Magica User Interface ConFiGuration)

Thank you! It seems you can't remove any part of the guy. But you can move it wherever you want on the screen. That's good enough for me. :D

grubber

Jul 29, 2019
How do I put books in the bookshelves? Not the vanilla one, but the one that holds 18 books. I have done it in the past but can't seem to get it to take the books now. I get the GUI open, but it won't accept books into the slots.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How do I put books in the bookshelves? Not the vanilla one, but the one that holds 18 books. I have done it in the past but can't seem to get it to take the books now. I get the GUI open, but it won't accept books into the slots.
The Bibliocraft bookshelf will only accept written and enchanted books. So either dump a lot of crappy enchants in there, or you can copy a written book multiple times with the typeset/press.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
The Bibliocraft bookshelf will only accept written and enchanted books. So either dump a lot of crappy enchants in there, or you can copy a written book multiple times with the typeset/press.

You can enable the bookshelf to accept blank books by changing this line in the config:

Code:
# Should blank books be allowed on Bookcases? (true or false)
  B:AllowEmptyBooks=false

FancierEagle3

Jul 29, 2019
How might I change modes on the machine muses' modular power tool I have attempted shift+scroll but that just crouches and scrolls through my Hotbar not sure if this may be part of it but I am playing on a laptop with a wireless mouse. I have tried equipping all of the modules but i still could only use the ones that don't require access to the menu.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
How might I change modes on the machine muses' modular power tool I have attempted shift+scroll but that just crouches and scrolls through my Hotbar not sure if this may be part of it but I am playing on a laptop with a wireless mouse. I have tried equipping all of the modules but i still could only use the ones that don't require access to the menu.

It should work by selecting the power tool in your hot bar 1st. Then hold the shift ans scroll with the mouse wheel. Keep in mind shovel, wood axe and pick are automatic and don't need to be selected. What do you have installed on your power tool?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to change the area around my base into the mystic grove or whatever Thaumcraft 4 calls its silverwood induced biome. What exactly causes the change? I have had success with silverwood with a pure node but is that the only part that changes the biome? So far with the limited testing I did plain silverwood trees don't have an effect.
Also will the biome revert if I remove the trees/whatever causes the change? I think I have seen this with the sinister nodes where the eerie biome starts to fade but I am not sure.
Also Also what is the approximate range of the biome change? The sinister node seems to convert a chunk regardless of where the node is.

FancierEagle3

Jul 29, 2019
It should work by selecting the power tool in your hot bar 1st. Then hold the shift ans scroll with the mouse wheel. Keep in mind shovel, wood axe and pick are automatic and don't need to be selected. What do you have installed on your power tool?
I am aware I have every module installed and when i have it in my hot bar selected then hold the shift key and scroll with mouse it just crouches and cycles through hot bar.

ReaperGuy666

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed a lot of mods in the Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack have updates. Do you guys keep up with these updates regularly or can I update the mods myself?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I've noticed a lot of mods in the Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack have updates. Do you guys keep up with these updates regularly or can I update the mods myself?

You can update them yourself. However, you should make a backup copy of your world and mod folder. Then update the mods and test. If anything fails restore your backup. If you plan on connecting to a sever though you are better off waiting for the server to update before updating your client.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
You can update them yourself. However, you should make a backup copy of your world and mod folder. Then update the mods and test. If anything fails restore your backup. If you plan on connecting to a sever though you are better off waiting for the server to update before updating your client.
I'd do incremental mod updates, aka one at a time. That means you'll know which mod breaks what.

Pascal van Ratingen

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about the 1.6 dw20 pack, if i have a boiler going, what will be the best way to power a quarrie? Can i use some dynamos that use steam and place these in a tesseract like we used to, or does it work sleightly different?

Cheers.