Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, in FTB Direwolf20 1.6.4 modpack, when I get a potion effect, the corresponding icon is displayed right in the middle of the screen. I think this is really too intrusive.
I already use the mod 'status effect HUD' from bspkrs to get this information.

From what mod is this coming from ? How do I disable it ?

Thanks.

Ars Magicka does it and i believe you can disable it in the Config

Reactions: guiguilyon

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the Garden biome (BoP, Unleashed, 1.5.2):
- Is there a way to regrow the grass? Bone meal doesn't have any effect on the long grass blocks.
- Do bees pollinate trees there?
- Sheep aren't able to regrow their wool (if they're on long grass), is this a bug or intended?

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magicka does it and i believe you can disable it in the Config

Thanks! That's the mod I was suspecting.
I looked in the 'minecraft\config\AM2\AM2.cfg' file
But I can't find anything that seems related to it.

Is there another config file anywhere else ? Or is that a config line I don't understand ?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding the Garden biome (BoP, Unleashed, 1.5.2):
- Is there a way to regrow the grass? Bone meal doesn't have any effect on the long grass blocks.
- Do bees pollinate trees there?
- Sheep aren't able to regrow their wool (if they're on long grass), is this a bug or intended?

Garden biomes are kinda weird. I haven't done a lot of testing with them, but the grass there does not behave like normal grass. Bees do not spread flowers on it and trees do not seem to grow when placed on it. You might be able to pollinate/grow trees there if you bring in normal dirt, but make sure to isolate it so you don't end up with the non productive stuff.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! That's the mod I was suspecting.
I looked in the 'minecraft\config\AM2\AM2.cfg' file
But I can't find anything that seems related to it.

Is there another config file anywhere else ? Or is that a config line I don't understand ?
The config for this is actually in game for the gui

Type /amuicfg and you get to edit it (Ars Magica User Interface ConFiGuration)

Reactions: guiguilyon

fecba

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to change the constant save times that pause the single player world, and possibly get me kill?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to change the constant save times that pause the single player world, and possibly get me kill?
If you go into the menu in a single player world, it pauses the whole game, entities and all

So just hitting esc when you think you're at risk of dying from it while it saves should do the trick

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
How would I go about removing map writer from the direwolf20 1.6.4 pack version 1.0.2? I can't find it in the mod listing.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Im newbie in Ars of magica, ive got my first magic, how i enhance the damage?
well, something that isn't described and often missed is the changing of the casting modes

If you go into controls, there's a casting mode button, that toggles between your casting modes.
You can tell what mode you're in by the icon next to your mana bar, if it's a cresent shape it's diminished, and your spell will do less damage, but also cost less mana. Whilst if it's in a semi-circularish shape, you're in normal casting mode, and you'll do more damage but it will cost more mana to use too.

Physical damage spells don't actually do much damage, but they're also the cheapest to cast. You unlock other damage types later, and even later on you can add a damage modifier to make spells that do more damage.

Personally though, I would recommend going into the utility branch and getting the dig spell first off. That is extremely easy to spam, low mana cost, and will easily get you up to lvl 10 in a few minutes of training. And from there you have a few more skill points to play around with.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
What are the methods people have been coming up with to obtain Pristine bees for breeding in forestry 1.6.4?
I've noticed that all Ender and water hives drop pristine bees, but ender bees are limited, and flying round the ocean trying to spot water hives isn't all that great..

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
What is the best way of supplying machines with water now in the absence of the accumulator? Am I right in thinking liquiducts are missing as well? (Horizons)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't TE3 inside Horizon? There have been changes to the names of a few items. E.g. Liquiduct is now know as Fluiduct.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Pericus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing on a server with a private pack on 1.6.4 similar to unleashed. I really do not like the nether mainly because I tend to die there a lot. But his keeps me from getting my AE system, advanced tiCo tools and I would like some ender-tanks and chests.

I think my armour is not up to scratch I ise iron armour I do not have diamonds to spare what are the alternatives?
I would like to mine the nether quarts and the tiCo ores what would be the best way to do this?

What are your not dying in the nether strategies?