Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Why make it simple, when you can make it AWESOME?
Because compact AWSOME! is better than "taking up half the room" AWSOME! :p

The 6 gates option was kind of a bust. First time you stepped on a pressure pad and the doors would then continously open and close in all eternity :p
Managed to do it with 2 iron gates directly under the doors though. If one got redstone signal from pressure pad, it would send pipe wire signal to other to turn on redstone signal for the other door too. Actually more compact than the red alloy wire approach :p

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
I love double doors. I use them everywhere, but one thing that annoy the hell out of me is when you only step on one pressure pad and then run into the other door. Then the both doors shut and you end up going back and forth getting the timing all wrong. I used to fix this by putting Red alloy wires under the blocks under the doors and both sets of pressure pads. So if any of the pads got stepped on, but doors would open. But now with the lack of RP2 I am a bit at a loss what to do. I tried using the Rednet cable, but it will not detect the redstone signal through the blocks.
Anyone got any ideas?

If you wrench the rednet cable it will change to forced connection mode. In that it should detect redstone signals through blocks

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you wrench the rednet cable it will change to forced connection mode. In that it should detect redstone signals through blocks
Hmm yeah it might be able to detect the signal through the block actually, but it seems it cant send the signal up through the block to the doors.
You can place the cable directly under the doors, but that looks a bit weird since you cant hide the cables in any way. The gates, structure pipe and the facades still seems the best solution.

Last edited:

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm yeah it might be able to detect the signal through the block actually, but it seems it cant send the signal up through the block to the doors.
You can place the cable directly under the doors, but that looks a bit weird since you cant hide the cables in any way. The gates, structure pipe and the facades still seems the best solution.

They can output through blocks as well so long as they're in forced connection mode.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
They can output through blocks as well so long as they're in forced connection mode.
Well I cant get it to work:
KfLODpN.png

iRovk8f.png

The cable detects the redstone signal from the pressure pad(the lamp is lit), but its not able to send the redstone signal through the block under the other door.

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
Well I cant get it to work:

The cable detects the redstone signal from the pressure pad(the lamp is lit), but its not able to send the redstone signal through the block under the other door.

Hmm I would've thought that'd work, strange. Haven't really played around with them enough

dprkforum

Jul 29, 2019
ME.jpg
I am trying to get the import and export busses to work to get this steel automation going. I tried a lot of combinations, but I am sure it is something really, really simple I am not doing right. I want to send iron and coal coke into my blast furnace, and placed those two items into the import bus. Then I placed the steel ingot into the export bus. I hooked it up to the system. It should work right? Nope. So I added an interface. Still nothing.

Thanks in advance.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Don't double doors require opposite redstone signals? If I remember right one of the door closes on a redstone signal and opens on a lack instead of vice versa.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 8524 I am trying to get the import and export busses to work to get this steel automation going. I tried a lot of combinations, but I am sure it is something really, really simple I am not doing right. I want to send iron and coal coke into my blast furnace, and placed those two items into the import bus. Then I placed the steel ingot into the export bus. I hooked it up to the system. It should work right? Nope. So I added an interface. Still nothing.

Thanks in advance.

You need to export coal coke and iron and import steel.
Ex means out, and Im means in/into, so out of the AE system or into the AE system.

[edit]
Also, it's not necessary to specify what you want to import from the blast furnace. It will only take stuff from the output slot.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpitefulFox

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to disable access to machines or recipes on a per-player basis that does not involve bukkit plugins?

dprkforum

Jul 29, 2019
You need to export coal coke and iron and import steel.
Ex means out, and Im means in/into, so out of the AE system or into the AE system.

[edit]
Also, it's not necessary to specify what you want to import from the blast furnace. It will only take stuff from the output slot.
Heh, I knew it would be something stupid and obvious. Thanks. I will try it.

ETA: Works great. I don't have to worry too much about steel now. Since I do not use it too often, it is still nice to have it on demand and just let it run.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Don't double doors require opposite redstone signals? If I remember right one of the door closes on a redstone signal and opens on a lack instead of vice versa.
Nope. What happened is that you probably placed one of the door facing the wrong way, and thereby placed it in "closed" mode against the wall so it had to be "opened" to fill out the hole. Thats a trick you can utilize btw to make wooden doors zombie proof. Just stand sideways in the opening and then place the door down. Zombies wont know to attack the door since its listed as open :p
Doesnt work with pressure pads for obvious reasons.[DOUBLEPOST=1386453940][/DOUBLEPOST]

ETA: Works great. I don't have to worry too much about steel now. Since I do not use it too often, it is still nice to have it on demand and just let it run.
If you are ever in doubt, the export/import bus' form triangles that show the way they move stuff.

I find it a better solution to put an export bus on the furnace giving it iron, setting the bus to only work with redstone signal, and using a level emitter to set redstone signal once your steel drops below a certain limit. It will result in roughly 63 items more than what you set in the Level emitter btw, since it will fill up the furnace before it has crafted the last steel.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Will Silk touch on a Pickaxe of the Core prevent it from making native ore clusters?

EDIT: Never mind. Blew a silk touch book on it and it still gives clusters. It's pretty awesome actually.

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

The names are in respect to the AE system. So if you want to Import something into the AE system (I.e out of your machine) then use an Import bus is used. Whilst if you want to Export something out of your AE system (I.e into your machine) then use an Export bus

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Question:
I love double doors. I use them everywhere, but one thing that annoy the hell out of me is when you only step on one pressure pad and then run into the other door. Then the both doors shut and you end up going back and forth getting the timing all wrong. I used to fix this by putting Red alloy wires under the blocks under the doors and both sets of pressure pads. So if any of the pads got stepped on, but doors would open. But now with the lack of RP2 I am a bit at a loss what to do. I tried using the Rednet cable, but it will not detect the redstone signal through the blocks.
Anyone got any ideas?

The model below works. It involves some vanilla redstone. But it does work. The problem with rednet cable is that it doesn't transmit through the block. The use of the redstone torches below the doors does do this. But now the signal to those torches must be inverted. Also don't forget to set the torches on a different color so the rednet cable ignores them. Otherwise they will effect your circuit.

2013-12-07_21.42.03.png
2013-12-07_21.42.26.png

2013-12-07_21.42.53.png

Reactions: PierceSG

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The model below works. It involves some vanilla redstone. But it does work. The problem with rednet cable is that it doesn't transmit through the block. The use of the redstone torches below the doors does do this. But now the signal to those torches must be inverted. Also don't forget to set the torches on a different color so the rednet cable ignores them. Otherwise they will effect your circuit.

2013-12-07_21.42.03.png
2013-12-07_21.42.26.png

2013-12-07_21.42.53.png
Nice, but again way too big for my compact building style. Most often there is only 1-2 blocks down to another floor and everything around the doors are also very light and transparent.

This is what I came up with using Iron or gates on structure pipe with red pipe wire:
oSEffl8.png

bmdbvTA.png

There is a slight delay between the 2 doors opening due to the slow reaction of the gates, but nothing I cant live with. And its extremely compact and I can dress it up with facades.

Reactions: PierceSG

Ragnuk

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys! I'm getting close to making my first Alveary ever! What bees do you guys recommend putting in there first? Imperial/industrous to produce stuff to make more alvearies? =P