Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hyper1on

Jul 29, 2019
What modpack/modlist?
I guess that would be kind of important info right? ;)
Unleashed modpack.

The reason I ask is because i like the compactness of autoarchic gates, but they are kind of pricey. Wondering if theres an alternative.

Last edited:

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Unleashed modpack.

The reason I ask is because i like the compactness of autoarchic gates, but they are kind of pricey. Wondering if theres an alternative.
ExtraUtils Transfer Nodes are pretty good. Or vanilla hoppers if it's just a short trip.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there any way to extract items from a chest using something other than a wooden pipe + (redstone engine or autoarchic gate)?
Hoppers are quite useful specially for early cheap automation. Will pull items from inventory above and deposit into inventory below or to the side of the hopper. Setting up a completely automated ore processing setup(furnace+macerator) is extremely easy with a couple hoppers and a diamond pipe.

Routers are another great option that is greatly underestimated I think. They are a little complex to get to know. And it takes a bit of work to set up what you need to make them and their upgrades. But once that's done, they are great. Specially for extracting/inputting items from/to several inventories at the same time. Or into specific machines/inventories only. Or to only move specific items.

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious as to what mod pack version has EE2. I'd like to play 1 of the old mods packs for the fun of it. thanks :)

hyper1on

Jul 29, 2019
Hoppers are quite useful specially for early cheap automation. Will pull items from inventory above and deposit into inventory below or to the side of the hopper. Setting up a completely automated ore processing setup(furnace+macerator) is extremely easy with a couple hoppers and a diamond pipe.

Routers are another great option that is greatly underestimated I think. They are a little complex to get to know. And it takes a bit of work to set up what you need to make them and their upgrades. But once that's done, they are great. Specially for extracting/inputting items from/to several inventories at the same time. Or into specific machines/inventories only. Or to only move specific items.

Thanks rhn. I didn't know that hoppers could pull from inventories! I will give that a shot.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks rhn. I didn't know that hoppers could pull from inventories! I will give that a shot.
The vanilla hopper can. In 1.4.7 the hopper was replaced with a BC alternative. In 1.5.2+ this is changed to give us both options. "Hopper" is the vanilla, and "Chute" is the BC alternative. Chute will not pull items out of inventories, but I think it has some improved functionality with BC pipes or something.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
The vanilla hopper can. In 1.4.7 the hopper was replaced with a BC alternative. In 1.5.2+ this is changed to give us both options. "Hopper" is the vanilla, and "Chute" is the BC alternative. Chute will not pull items out of inventories, but I think it has some improved functionality with BC pipes or something.

Have you played around with the new Factorization barrels?

There's a hopper variant, which may be a compact dual-purpose solution for storage and feeding machines (e.g. store logs from tree farm - feed furnace for charcoal production)

Last edited:
Reactions: groundhog

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Unleashed modpack.

I'm rather fond of Transfer Nodes. I enjoy being able to auto-extract without having to take up three blocks with Pipe + Engine + Redstone Signal, or burn through MJs and Diamonds to bake an Autarchic Gate. They're also a lot nicer to your computer. Only issue is that Transfer Nodes generally require upgrades if you plan on transferring things a long distance or are expecting a very quick output.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me why my liquid tesseracts wont transfer liquid? They're about 565 blocks apart. Everything looks the same to me. The one connected to the iron tank is set to receive only, and the one on the pump is set t send only. They're both on frequency 1. Both redstones requirements are set to disabled.

I tried almost the same set up in creative and it works perfectly so I'm stumped.
2013-12-01_205453_zps00d13e8b.png

2013-12-01_205517_zps129ab19a.png

2013-12-01_205648_zps6136cfb7.png

2013-12-01_205652_zps3caa2cc1.png

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You didn't happen to move those tesseracts with a force wrench did you? If so I suggest to break and replace.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me why my liquid tesseracts wont transfer liquid? They're about 565 blocks apart. Everything looks the same to me. The one connected to the iron tank is set to receive only, and the one on the pump is set t send only. They're both on frequency 1. Both redstones requirements are set to disabled.

I tried almost the same set up in creative and it works perfectly so I'm stumped.
2013-12-01_205453_zps00d13e8b.png

2013-12-01_205517_zps129ab19a.png

2013-12-01_205648_zps6136cfb7.png

2013-12-01_205652_zps3caa2cc1.png
FWIW, no need for liquiducts. Just hook up the tesseracts directly to the pump and tank.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't happen to move those tesseracts with a force wrench did you? If so I suggest to break and replace.
Thanks. I tried breaking them with a pick and resetting them and it didn't work.
I even tried getting all new tesseracts through nei and they aren't working either.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks. I tried breaking them with a pick and resetting them and it didn't work.
I even tried getting all new tesseracts through nei and they aren't working either.
Try and place the tesseract directly against the pump and directly against the valve. That way you don't get any bottlenecks either.

Reactions: BeastFeeder

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
FTB retro. how do you turn on world gen. seems its off by default and all I get is a piece of bedrock and nothing else :-(

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that is correct. Because that's what FTB Retro is, precisely.

"Feed The Beast" was originally the name of a Skyblock Challenge map where you had to build up everything out of nothing and then "feed" the monument specific items to unlock rewards and allow further progress. The goal was to complete it as fast as possible. It only started to become a modpack because the map authors sought for an easier way to let people play the map (which used to require manual installation of a large amount of mods in a time where this had to be done largely by hand, and by editing the Minecraft.jar files to boot).

deanec64

Jul 29, 2019
good an all but yesterday I wanted to find a FTB modpack with EE2 still in it :) are their still any that still have it? I do kinda remember that there was a removed modpack or something :)

Yes, that is correct. Because that's what FTB Retro is, precisely.

"Feed The Beast" was originally the name of a Skyblock Challenge map where you had to build up everything out of nothing and then "feed" the monument specific items to unlock rewards and allow further progress. The goal was to complete it as fast as possible. It only started to become a modpack because the map authors sought for an easier way to let people play the map (which used to require manual installation of a large amount of mods in a time where this had to be done largely by hand, and by editing the Minecraft.jar files to boot).