Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
good an all but yesterday I wanted to find a FTB modpack with EE2 still in it :) are their still any that still have it? I do kinda remember that there was a removed modpack or something :)

Choose the Retro SMP (v1) pack instead. That will do normal world gen. The SSP (v3) was meant for use with the original Feeed The Beast map. Which you can download in the maps tab.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
is the easiest way to disable a mod on a dw20 1.5 server just to add ".disable" or something to the end of the jar file? Do clients have to disable the mod also?

Im looking at disabling wireless redstone, seems it is always pointed to when researching 'world leaks'.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
To unload a mod on a server or the vanilla launcher, which I am using a lot lately, I simply make a new folder inside the mods directory and move any unwanted mod into it. I call it "unloaded", but the name doesn't really matter.

Reactions: zorn

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
is the easiest way to disable a mod on a dw20 1.5 server just to add ".disable" or something to the end of the jar file? Do clients have to disable the mod also?

Im looking at disabling wireless redstone, seems it is always pointed to when researching 'world leaks'.
Yes unless it is a client side only mod like Rei's mini map.

Cynful

Jul 29, 2019
Friend and i have been trying to enchant the new hammers we just made via tinker table. Head: Steel, Tough Tool Rod: Green Slime, 1 large plate: Obsidian, 1 large plate: Paper. We are unable to enchant these hammers. (We enchanted a book first then tried to use the anvil to enchant the hammer with the book since they are not enchanted yet.) We where unsuccessful. My friend has 42 levels of exp and i have 29 and neither of us can do it so im fairly certain its not exp related. However my friend was able to enchant a hammer he had previously made out of mostly stone without any issues. So my question is do we have some ingredients that are not able to be enchanted? If not then any ideas on how to get it to work?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Friend and i have been trying to enchant the new hammers we just made via tinker table. Head: Steel, Tough Tool Rod: Green Slime, 1 large plate: Obsidian, 1 large plate: Paper. We are unable to enchant these hammers.
You can't enchant Tinker's Construct tools through the normal method. You have to use materials, such as redstone for efficiency, lapis for fortune, a silky jewel for silk touch, etc.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Friend and i have been trying to enchant the new hammers we just made via tinker table. Head: Steel, Tough Tool Rod: Green Slime, 1 large plate: Obsidian, 1 large plate: Paper. We are unable to enchant these hammers. (We enchanted a book first then tried to use the anvil to enchant the hammer with the book since they are not enchanted yet.) We where unsuccessful. My friend has 42 levels of exp and i have 29 and neither of us can do it so im fairly certain its not exp related. However my friend was able to enchant a hammer he had previously made out of mostly stone without any issues. So my question is do we have some ingredients that are not able to be enchanted? If not then any ideas on how to get it to work?
if you look in the second book you get it shows the recipes that you can use to create the things similar to the enchants but no they don't work in an enchantment table.

Cynful

Jul 29, 2019
if you look in the second book you get it shows the recipes that you can use to create the things similar to the enchants but no they don't work in an enchantment table.
A friend of mine enchanted his stone hammer with a book he says he doesnt remember how he did it. We actually have 3 hammers in our server atm that have been enchanted. 1 we found from a chest. Other 2 was created. Not sure if the times those 2 was enchanted was a bug or something but they are enchanted and i can even enchant them further now. Just cant enchant the new hammer.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
A friend of mine enchanted his stone hammer with a book he says he doesnt remember how he did it. We actually have 3 hammers in our server atm that have been enchanted. 1 we found from a chest. Other 2 was created. Not sure if the times those 2 was enchanted was a bug or something but they are enchanted and i can even enchant them further now. Just cant enchant the new hammer.

You need to apply modifiers to the TiC tools & weapons. For example if you want sharpness on a sword. Make the tool rod for the sword out of thaumium or paper. Then add nether quartz to the weapon using the tool forge.
A lot of this information is located in the 3 in game books for TiC.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any suggestions on what mods might cause world leaks? Disabled Wireless Redstone, still getting leaks although RAM is not rising as badly. Looking at portal gun mod, also heard people suggest disabling 'chicken chunks'... but that would be bad. 0_o Also twilight forest? Sigh, id hate to lose that, but this world leak issue is just a pain...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Anyone have any suggestions on what mods might cause world leaks? Disabled Wireless Redstone, still getting leaks although RAM is not rising as badly. Looking at portal gun mod, also heard people suggest disabling 'chicken chunks'... but that would be bad. 0_o Also twilight forest? Sigh, id hate to lose that, but this world leak issue is just a pain...
TF; Chickenchunks if used in dimensions that are not 1,0,-1; Mystcraft; Wireless Redstone should be fine with later versions of Multipart; MCPC+ when used in combination with some mods; IC2 if not on version 164 or lower.

pelvix

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone happen to have some knowledge about the new TE3 energy cells and maybe knows if there is a mechanic that would cause massive energy loss upon chaining them together?
Any hint would be appreciated.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
good an all but yesterday I wanted to find a FTB modpack with EE2 still in it :) are their still any that still have it? I do kinda remember that there was a removed modpack or something :)
pretty sure theres a mod in that pack called YUNoGoodMap or something, remove that and it'll do normal terrain gen

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
well when tinkers tools have the modifiers that are the same of vanilla they will have the same enchanted look as vanilla tools.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
TF; Chickenchunks if used in dimensions that are not 1,0,-1; Mystcraft; Wireless Redstone should be fine with later versions of Multipart; MCPC+ when used in combination with some mods; IC2 if not on version 164 or lower.

I keep reading that the problem with chickenbones mods is that they do something different about unloading worlds than Forge does, and it causes a conflict?

Creeperhost is telling me to install MCPC+, they say it will fix a lot of the leak issues. Are you saying not to use chunk loaders in other dimensions? Forum posts keep saying to put loaders IN every dimension...

How do all these servers run twilight forest successfully? :/ Such a fun mod, would hate to lose it. Finally upgraded to where we can get the UR Ghast now...

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Are you saying not to use chunk loaders in other dimensions? Forum posts keep saying to put loaders IN every dimension...

The forum posts dealing with chunkloaders in every world was due to a bug with Mystcraft in 1.4.7. The recommendation was to force the worlds to stay chunkloaded to prevent the Mystcraft bug. This was fixed as far as I know. What mod pack & minecraft version are you running?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone knows what is wrong with #47 MMPS? I can't seem to craft the capacitors at all. No recipes are shown in the NEI's GUI.
I did change the configs to use only vanilla recipe and the rest to false.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I keep reading that the problem with chickenbones mods is that they do something different about unloading worlds than Forge does, and it causes a conflict?

That is the problem as far as I know. The way it loads dimensions other than overworld/nether/end seem to be different or at least because of the way it handles it minecraft doesn't know what to do with the dimensions it doesn't recognize.

Creeperhost is telling me to install MCPC+, they say it will fix a lot of the leak issues. Are you saying not to use chunk loaders in other dimensions? Forum posts keep saying to put loaders IN every dimension...

It can fix a lot of issues. It also can cause a lot of issues, specifically with IC2 and multipart. I would suggest trying it but don't get your hopes too high.

You can put world anchors/personal/spot loaders/chunkloading turtles in other dimensions flawlessly.

How do all these servers run twilight forest successfully? :/ Such a fun mod, would hate to lose it. Finally upgraded to where we can get the UR Ghast now...

They don't. Or they have 12 gigs of ram for 12 people. Twilight is extremely intense. You could also add a world border to it and prevent players from creating their own portals. That way all the chunks within the border could be loaded and the lag/leaking would become non-issue. Though this would likely eventually lead to needing to reset the world as well.