Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
When i Press launch i get Invalid Username or password pls help!!!!

1. Own a legit Minecraft account (cracked doesn't work and never will)
2. Check your spelling of both username/email and password carefully
3. Try and see if you can log in over at Minecraft.net.
4a. Doesn't work? Maybe someone guessed your password and stole your account. Go to help.mojang.com to contact support.
4b. Works? Maybe something in your launcher got screwed up. Redownload the launcher.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do the Magnum Torch (from EztraUtilities?) prevent Thaumcraft wisps from spawning? Tried to test it out a bit, but getting contradictory results. Wisps seem to spawn some places, but also just found a nearby normal node that had gone to Dangerous flux(I'm over charging my main node, which is in turn overcharging nearby nodes too). The overcharging leads to very slow buildup of flux, so it should be able to easily get rid of it by spawning wisps.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Do the Magnum Torch (from EztraUtilities?) prevent Thaumcraft wisps from spawning? Tried to test it out a bit, but getting contradictory results. Wisps seem to spawn some places, but also just found a nearby normal node that had gone to Dangerous flux(I'm over charging my main node, which is in turn overcharging nearby nodes too). The overcharging leads to very slow buildup of flux, so it should be able to easily get rid of it by spawning wisps.

I would say no as it does not prevent irregular mob spawning, i.e. cursed earth, and thus I wouldn't think it would stop wisps from spawning.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I would say no as it does not prevent irregular mob spawning, i.e. cursed earth, and thus I wouldn't think it would stop wisps from spawning.
Yeah think I was a bit quick. Didn't notice at first that there was a couple of blocks rather close to the node. I removed them and now the wisps spawn like mad :p
Another related question, how is the range of the Magnum Torches defined? Is it chunk based? or just a square with 32 blocks "radius"? Or is it some sort of "circle"? it could really do with a "show lasers" option like the chunkloaders got.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
The range in the 1.6.4 versions is a radius of 64 blocks I believe. It is a square so properly positioned, 1 magnum torch will keep 64 chunks safe.

Reactions: rhn

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
The range in the 1.6.4 versions is a radius of 64 blocks I believe. It is a square so properly positioned, 1 magnum torch will keep 64 chunks safe.

I'm sure there was a recent changelog or wiki entry which depicted it as an ellipsoid, 128 x 32 ... not a 64 sphere.

The intention was to provider a wider range at "ground level" while not impeding mob spawn deeper down.

EDIT TO ADD: It's a speroid in the current verion

The mod author stated last week that ...
The magnum torch's range is a spheroid with radius 128 and height 32. Putting a torch at y-level 63 will not prevent mobs from spawning at y-level 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: groundhog

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm sure there was a recent changelog or wiki entry which depicted it as an ellipsoid, 128 x 32 ... not a 64 sphere.

The intention was to provider a wider range at "ground level" while not impeding mob spawn deeper down.

EDIT TO ADD: It's a speroid in the current verion

The mod author stated last week that ...
Hmm I see, deal is though that I'm running Unleashed 1.1.3 on MC 1.5.x. Its getting rather confusing now with mentions of radius of 32, 64 and now 128... And its going to be a pain in the ... to figure out what's covered and what's not with an Ellipsoid isn't it lol? What's wrong with a cube?

Neberu

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, here's my question, I've looked and been unable to find anything about this. Is there a way automate sorting Pure breed bees from hybrid bee's (in Unleashed). Using the apiarist pipe if I set 1 path to "Pure Breeds" and the other path to "All Bee's" then I end up with a chest full of pure breeds and a chest full of both pure breeds and hybrids, because if a bee meets multiple paths they pick one at random so the pure bees (which meet both the "pure breed" and "Any bee" criteria's) bounce between both paths? This seems like something many people would want to do so I assume I'm missing something very basic.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know the reason why DW20 pack in 1.5 did not include IC2 advanced machines? Or really, was there any main idea behind the pack? Does Direwolf just pick what he wants to play?

It almost seems that the pack is a bit slower than Unleashed. No rotary macerators, compact solars vs advanced solars (without gregtech advanced solars seem cheaper than compact...). No power converters. Unleashed has creeper collateral mod, DW20 does not. removing advanced machines means that other than the induction furnace, to get faster processing you have to really increase the power draw of your machines, using overclockers.

I like the pack, just wondering if anyone remembers why they put certain mods in certain packs.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, here's my question, I've looked and been unable to find anything about this. Is there a way automate sorting Pure breed bees from hybrid bee's (in Unleashed). Using the apiarist pipe if I set 1 path to "Pure Breeds" and the other path to "All Bee's" then I end up with a chest full of pure breeds and a chest full of both pure breeds and hybrids, because if a bee meets multiple paths they pick one at random so the pure bees (which meet both the "pure breed" and "Any bee" criteria's) bounce between both paths? This seems like something many people would want to do so I assume I'm missing something very basic.
My experience has been that apiarist pipes treat the "anything" conditional with a lower priority than the others. i.e. if you have a path dedicated for "pure bred bees" and one for "anything," it will send pure bred bees down the pure bred bees path first. If you also need to separate out items, I believe the "any items" option is also higher priority than "anything." I kinda suspect that there's some internal hierarchy for priority within the apiarist's pipe, but I've never sat down and really tested it.

Disclaimer: I'll admit I always do my breeding manually and stabilize genomes before I start automated breeding, so I don't have much experience with automating hybrids, but it should work.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Apiarist Pipe sorts from most specific to least specific. In order:

1. Any princess/drone.
2. Any bee.
3. Anything

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Using the apiarist pipe if I set 1 path to "Pure Breeds" and the other path to "All Bee's" then I end up with a chest full of pure breeds and a chest full of both pure breeds and hybrids,
Are you sure they are pure? Do they stack with the ones in the pure chest? I'm not sure exactly what the criteria for "Pure Breeds" is. Is it just the species, or is it all traits? i.e. will a drone that has one allele of "nocturnal" and one not be classed as "pure"?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
From my experience its just not worth it trying to automate the breeding. If I happen to get hybrids from breeding, I just do the "purification" manually in an apiary with an Oblivion frame. When the traits stabilize(or close enough) they get a turn in the inoculator. And then into an automated apiary with diamond pipe to make drones for copying.

zCha0z

Jul 29, 2019
Mystcraft[FTB Unleashed]
I hope this is an easy question and yes I have also searched through google.
MystCraftExtraBiomesXL_Sunset.png

How can I make my sky,cloud, horizon or sunset, and stars look like that?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Find the appropriate mystcraft pages and create a world with those pages in the order with which you want them.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Mystcraft[FTB Unleashed]
I hope this is an easy question and yes I have also searched through google.
MystCraftExtraBiomesXL_Sunset.png

How can I make my sky,cloud, horizon or sunset, and stars look like that?
Use red sunset and green sky pages I guess.

zCha0z

Jul 29, 2019
Been trying but still no cigar. I mean I have basic knowledge of creating ages but can't get a grasp on mixing colors especially that bottom part where the orange and green meets.