Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Cuttycut

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech changes the way you build nuclear fuel cells. You can use NEI to discover the recipe.
The only thing nei shows me how to make refined uranium is from shaped ic2 craftin, which is a uranium block to make 9 refined uranium, well i knew that much,thanks.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried looking up the uranium cell and working backwards from there?

You need uranium dust and a canning machine, IIRC.

Cuttycut

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried looking up the uranium cell and working backwards from there?

You need uranium dust and a canning machine, IIRC.
When i check the recipe for a uranium block it says i need either 9 refined uranium or 9 uranium 235 or the mix of them both, its just like any other block of something that you would make (iron,gold,diamond,etc) Oh, and both refined uranium and uranium 235 dont have recipes in nei, i checked the wiki on how to make them, but it just doesnt work.

Cuttycut

Jul 29, 2019
When i check the recipe for a uranium block it says i need either 9 refined uranium or 9 uranium 235 or the mix of them both, its just like any other block of something that you would make (iron,gold,diamond,etc) Oh, and both refined uranium and uranium 235 dont have recipes in nei, i checked the wiki on how to make them, but it just doesnt work.
So, no one knows whats causing this?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Are you using Thermal Expansion, IndustrialCraft 2, ThaumCraft, or Soul Shards (or any other mod that had major changes between 1.5.2 and 1.6.4)? Do you have any mod liquids stored in tanks or out in the world?

If not, then it *may* be possible to upgrade your world from 1.5.2 to 1.6.4. However, you'll have to tackle making sure all your block and item IDs are consistent between your 1.5.2 minecraft install and your 1.6.4 install. I honestly don't think it's worth the trouble.

Hmm using all those mods. And got loads of liquid stored.
Are we talking about those items would disappear in the update, or are we talking corrupting or bugging the save? Cause I could live with loosing those items and the liquid. I can always just replace it after the update.

And about the Item IDs, shouldent the IDs overall be the same in 1.6 as in 1.5? I thought that was the whole deal with what happened in the beginning of the new modpacks. Ofc I understand if an individual item was changed/replaced in a mod and thereby received a new ID. But wouldent the majority of the IDs be the same?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Ah.

So you are not in fact playing Unleashed, you are not in fact on Minecraft 1.5.2, and you do not in fact have GregTech installed. What you do have is a 1.6.x world with IC2 Experimental, which is essentially a reboot of the mod after over a year of feature freeze. It's a completely different beast (and also heavily work in progress).

That's why, when someone asks you what version you run, please don't just make up random things. You're just preventing yourself from getting an answer. Instead, start up your Minecraft client (or quit your running game), and in the main menu, click the "mods" button. Then provide what you can see there.

In IC2 experimental, you need to extrude "fuel rods" from iron casings in a metalformer. Then you need to craft "enriched uranium fuel" by mixing U-238 and U-235 in the appropriate recipe. Finally, you need a canning machine to insert the enriched fuel into the fuel rods to receive uranium fuel rods. Those still work as they always have inside a reactor.

Oh, and get yourself a full hazmat suit, or you will die of radiation poisoning.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Cuttycut

Jul 29, 2019
Like i said, i thought i had gregtech installed because i had recipies from the mod, and i had a config for it too, but the mod was never installed.[DOUBLEPOST=1384454849][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ah.

So you are not in fact playing Unleashed, you are not in fact on Minecraft 1.5.2, and you do not in fact have GregTech installed. What you do have is a 1.6.x world with IC2 Experimental, which is essentially a reboot of the mod after over a year of feature freeze. It's a completely different beast (and also heavily work in progress).

That's why, when someone asks you what version you run, please don't just make up random things. You're just preventing yourself from getting an answer. Instead, start up your Minecraft client (or quit your running game), and in the main menu, click the "mods" button. Then provide what you can see there.

In IC2 experimental, you need to extrude "fuel rods" from iron casings in a metalformer. Then you need to craft "enriched uranium fuel" by mixing U-238 and U-235 in the appropriate recipe. Finally, you need a canning machine to insert the enriched fuel into the fuel rods to receive uranium fuel rods. Those still work as they always have inside a reactor.

Oh, and get yourself a full hazmat suit, or you will die of radiation poisoning.
Please explain? I am indeed running unleashed because i launch it from the ftb launcher, and and i am in fact playing minecraft version 1.5.2, what am i missing?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Then how the heck can you have U-235 and such stuff? That wasn't added until 1.6... *confused*

Go to the main screen of your client, press the "mods" button, and read out the version number for IC2 there.

Cuttycut

Jul 29, 2019
Then how the heck can you have U-235 and such stuff? That wasn't added until 1.6... *confused*

Go to the main screen of your client, press the "mods" button, and read out the version number for IC2 there.
Im not lying about the version of minecraft, i dont see any point in doing so, and athe version of oc2 is 1.116.364.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I got no clue what's going on. Maybe someone who's currently playing on Unleashed can help you (I've been on 1.6 for almost 3 months now)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Do Soul Shards 2 spawners stop working if you put too many of them in close proximity?

Given that they use vanilla spawn mechanics, they should still work however it would be at reduced efficiency. They do stop working (just like vanilla spawners) once the player gets too far away. Your best bet for max efficiency would be to place the spawners about 30 blocks apart then have the player stand between the spawners. Also, get the mobs down at least 3 blocks below the spawner as quickly as possible. That way the mobs get out of the spawners check area.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Given that they use vanilla spawn mechanics, they should still work however it would be at reduced efficiency. They do stop working (just like vanilla spawners) once the player gets too far away. Your best bet for max efficiency would be to place the spawners about 30 blocks apart then have the player stand between the spawners. Also, get the mobs down at least 3 blocks below the spawner as quickly as possible. That way the mobs get out of the spawners check area.

Here's the setup my friend made:

oJH9KGu.png

For some reason, nothing is spawning at all.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Here's the setup my friend made:

oJH9KGu.png

For some reason, nothing is spawning at all.
What does he have above the spawners? Are they blocked? Vanilla spawners check an 8x8x3 area around the spawner. With the spawner in the bottom of that 3x3 area. You also need to account for the size as well. From the pic I would say that he has blocked all of the possible spawn locations.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I have this very nice force tree farm.
mJY8NGE.png

The only problem? The trees don't seem to be growing... It's in a jungle biome. Would that change anything?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I have this very nice force tree farm.
mJY8NGE.png

The only problem? The trees don't seem to be growing... It's in a jungle biome. Would that change anything?

I'd suggest moving the stone brick up one more level. Other than that I don't really see a problem unless they need a ton of headroom for some reason.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to set up a renewable energy supply by using some steam engines to power a harvester/planter combo. I use an auto-crafter to turn the logs into planks which fuel the stream engines.

My question is how can I prevent the pipes from trying to put more than 64 planks into each engine?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384486850518.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384486850518.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 95

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I am trying to set up a renewable energy supply by using some steam engines to power a harvester/planter combo. I use an auto-crafter to turn the logs into planks which fuel the stream engines.

My question is how can I prevent the pipes from trying to put more than 64 planks into each engine?

Use TE insertion pipes. They try to input into inventories before pipe. Then you can have the excess go into a chest/barrel/dsu/me system.