Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
When merging Thaumcraft nodes, do larger nodes move slower than smaller nodes?
Do smaller nodes get pulled towards bigger nodes or is the pull equal on both sides?
What is the maximum distance to merge nodes?

Larger nodes take longer to be moves and smaller nodes around will try to feed it aura while it is pulled, draining it and causing it to generate a lot of flux.
The max distance, I'm not sure I'd say if it's in LOS and at least within like 40-100 blocks... actually I'm not sure on the distance, the wiki or someone here may know that.
Well sometimes it equalizes, it depends on the size, Nodes can get massive.... it's sick what some people can do with thaumcraft... I just keep a respectable node in my mystcraft tower and a nice stock of sun crystals (turn off/stop rain)..

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
The max distance, I'm not sure I'd say if it's in LOS and at least within like 40-100 blocks... actually I'm not sure on the distance, the wiki or someone here may know that.

From my experiments it seemed that the larger the nodes are, the farther away they will start moving. There doesn't seem to be any hard limit on it. Also bigger node will pull with bigger "force" and will be harder to move. Movement seem to depend on actual amount of vis in the node, not maximum level.

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
Tool dynamism tablets are a research added by thaumic tinkerer, before you can make them, you need to do the research for them. After you've researched them, have a look in the thaumanomicon underneath tool dynamism tablet, and you'll be given a crafting recipe which also requires a few aspects to craft.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I recommend looking into a thaumcraft tutorial. It's essential to making one.
Much obliged, thanks.

Suppressed

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i am making a cool structure for mye thanumcraft research..
with all the updates and stuff.. how big should the room be to cover all Thanumcraft and TT stuff so i have a nice place? thinking of having glass bottles for every aspect so the altar can drain from them and the golems to bring water and aspects.. any have a cool picture or video of there thanumcraft room/building?.. sorry for my english

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Hi i am making a cool structure for mye thanumcraft research..
with all the updates and stuff.. how big should the room be to cover all Thanumcraft and TT stuff so i have a nice place? thinking of having glass bottles for every aspect so the altar can drain from them and the golems to bring water and aspects.. any have a cool picture or video of there thanumcraft room/building?.. sorry for my english
If you mean 1.5.2, 16x16 should do. Infusion Altar in the middle, make sure you have space for more than one crucible so you can put 4 alembics on each, three walls of aspect bottles, and a research table and couple of diamond chests of assorted research/aspect materials on the fourth wall. Make sure you check out the research bonus list, and build a store-room for bonus materials behind the fourth wall and under the floor. I'll post a couple of pics tonight.
If you mean 1.6.2 I have no idea!

BlackFire

Jul 29, 2019
I saw this on the wiki

Note that in the latest versions of Extra Bees (1.7+ ?) the mutated bees' genome may take damage if the mutation multiplier is higher than 10x. This includes the effect of soul frames in frame housings. Damaged princesses or drones will show a "[-]" symbol in the species trait and eventually die after a limited amount of life cycles.

Is it just a chance at getting a [-] bee or a guarantee? I was planning on using nether stars

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
I saw this on the wiki
Is it just a chance at getting a [-] bee or a guarantee? I was planning on using nether stars

on a related note: coming soon, most natural bees will be degenerate (have the [-] trait and will die off)
rarity of "pure strain" bees? about what valiant drones are now. so rare. have fun breaking every hive within 2000 chunks just to get a few breeding pairs.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, no. Rarity is about 1 in 5, last I checked a changelog. I don't know how many valiant bees you're getting, but I definitely do not get one out of five as valiant.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Erm, no. Rarity is about 1 in 5, last I checked a changelog. I don't know how many valiant bees you're getting, but I definitely do not get one out of five as valiant.
That would be an inconvenience for me, I think I'm using about a third of my queens/princesses so I'd have to go find a few more. If that's right, then I think this is an ok change.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019

I remember the dev mentioning somewhere on this forum that it is supposed to be about 50%.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Another question from me:
I read on the wiki that using a chunk loader and an ender tank in the same chunk might reset it, so you lose everything. Is this still a thing in Unleashed (1.1.4)?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I read on the wiki that using a chunk loader and an ender tank in the same chunk might reset it, so you lose everything. Is this still a thing in Unleashed (1.1.4)?
I've never seen anything like this in 1.1.3 let alone 1.1.4
Likewise. I'm pretty sure that that problem was in 1.4.7 and seems to be fixed now - and I never had this problem in 1.4.7 either.

iwishiknew

Jul 29, 2019
I have 132 electric engines pumping into a line of Redstone Energy Conduits. I have that line branching off to power my AE system and to power energy tesseracts. ~30 of those engines produce 14 MJ/t compared to the 2 MJ due to upgrades.

102X2=204 + (30x14=420)=624 MJ/t.

Is that too much for a single Redstone Energy Conduit line? Is there a max that these conduits can transport, such as 100 MJ/t and I am wasting 524 MJ/t? I know they have limited output as do the tesseracts, but I am curious. I ask because they are only transferring ~20 MJ/t to my tesseracts (I have 3 set up) and some to my AE system, but not enough to keep it powered.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Is that too much for a single Redstone Energy Conduit line? Is there a max that these conduits can transport, such as 100 MJ/t and I am wasting 524 MJ/t?

They don't have hard limit on how much they can overall transfer, only per connection (but it is quite big, 500 or 1000 MJ/t). The one thing that I can think off on the spot is that they are not wrenched the correct way (orange side to engine).