Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a private pack with Unleashed and Gregtech?
you can do that yourself with only a few block ID tweaks.

Actually, because this is such a common request, with unleashed 1.1.3 at least, you can insert Gregtech directly into the pack no config changes at all. The server I play on currently has done this

What we did was just download unleashed, then download unhinged, and grab the greg-tech version from unhinged to load into your unleashed and you'll be good.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
I can find the output of steam in mb/t for Steam Boilers, but not how much water they will require in mb/t, anyone know this for railcraft boilers? I had tesseracts hooked up to a water tank and my 36hp liquid boiler blew up... tank did not run out of water, so i can only assume the boiler just couldnt get enough water through the tesseract.

...ugh, i just realized i had 7 liquiducts coming out of the water tank, but only one connection into the tesseract. (facepalm) I dont see water requirement numbers on teh railcraft wiki, do they exist, or do i just keep adding more water connctions until it is safe?

I had read somewhere that a tesseract has unlimited throughput, will putting it right next to the boiler provide unlimited water? Or do you have to create multiple connections like you do with the team output pipes?

I usually hide one accumulator and two source blocks under each and every boiler to cut down on piping and losses due to exploding boilers. What you really want is to have the entire boiler/water system all in the same chunk, and maybe also the fuel buffer too. Don't trust chunkloaders completely.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm interested in playing a PvP ICBM game. Is there a good resource out there to learn more about the mod and/or UE mods in general? From what I've seen, something about the UE seems allergic to wikis. >:/

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I'm interested in playing a PvP ICBM game. Is there a good resource out there to learn more about the mod and/or UE mods in general? From what I've seen, something about the UE seems allergic to wikis. >:/
BevoLJ's let's play (with Calclavia himself!), Lambert's RR series (that's what he's basing his ore processing on) and ShneekeyTheLost's Mekanism for noobs (near the end of the guides thread).

Reactions: SpitefulFox

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
A few Tinker's Construct questions.
2. Can I stack Seared Tanks on top of each other for more lava storage? I have done this but it is glitchy.
I think all seared tanks have to be the same level as a controller, I have some tanks next to each other in the smeltery and they're working fine (except sometimes the controller won't show the lava in its gui)

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I usually hide one accumulator and two source blocks under each and every boiler to cut down on piping and losses due to exploding boilers. What you really want is to have the entire boiler/water system all in the same chunk, and maybe also the fuel buffer too. Don't trust chunkloaders completely.

Oh my god... i built this water tower just for looks, making it look like a water tower outside a town that is supplying the water, but using a tesseract... it wasnt chunk loaded. :/

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I think all seared tanks have to be the same level as a controller, I have some tanks next to each other in the smeltery and they're working fine (except sometimes the controller won't show the lava in its gui)
Is there actually any advantage to having more tanks though, other than convenience if you are manually bucketing it in?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is IC2's Induction Furnace bugged in Unleashed? I had it hooked up in this order... MFSU to MV transforme to the induction furnace. The furnace gets power (the red lightning bolt appears). So then I attached a lever and flip it on. The induction furnace starts to heat up. However, it gets to about 70% then stops and the lightning bolt is gone (its internal buffer). So just to be sure I flip the lever off and the lightning bolt refills. Turn the lever back on the heat up starts to occur. This time I watch it and the lightning bolt is slow emptying out. Eventually it runs out again about 70%. Out of frustration I remove the MV and connect it directly to the MFSU. It does what it is supposed to, blow up. So I'm a little confused. BTW: the MFSU never got below 95% so power input should not have been a problem.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Is IC2's Induction Furnace bugged in Unleashed? I had it hooked up in this order... MFSU to MV transforme to the induction furnace. The furnace gets power (the red lightning bolt appears). So then I attached a lever and flip it on. The induction furnace starts to heat up. However, it gets to about 70% then stops and the lightning bolt is gone (its internal buffer). So just to be sure I flip the lever off and the lightning bolt refills. Turn the lever back on the heat up starts to occur. This time I watch it and the lightning bolt is slow emptying out. Eventually it runs out again about 70%. Out of frustration I remove the MV and connect it directly to the MFSU. It does what it is supposed to, blow up. So I'm a little confused. BTW: the MFSU never got below 95% so power input should not have been a problem.
When transformer receives redstone signal it changes direction, in this case 128 Eu/p -> 512 Eu/p. Are you sure it wasn't redstone powered, for example through induction furnace?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
What do I need to mine Cobalt and Ardite? I tried a steel pickaxe but it broke without dropping the ore. I can't find this information in any of the books or the wiki. I'm guessing it's Alumite but I don't want to waste time and materials on a one-use pickaxe that I will replace very soon after.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
When transformer receives redstone signal it changes direction, in this case 128 Eu/p -> 512 Eu/p. Are you sure it wasn't redstone powered, for example through induction furnace?

That is the case then. The MV and the Furnace were diagonal to each other. So the lever would have effected the MV. Interesting. At this point I'm not sure I want to set it up again. I replaced it with a electric furnace with 2 transformer upgrades and 8 overclockers.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way (beside golems) to automate the picking of cotton in 1.5.2? Reddit said the MFR fruit picker would work, but it doesn't for me.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Is there something up with diamond spawns in Unleashed? I just strip-mined 10 chunks from levels 6-16 and not. one. single. diamond. I didn't delve down into the bedrock area.