Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I got 4 zombie skulls in 3 nights of hunting
Is this normal?I think a mod changed the drop rate of skulls(Btw i'm using a thaumium sword with repair II,just in case),am I right?

Yeah, I've been noticing an odd increase in the number of mob heads too. No idea if a mod is behind it, though. :c

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the more efficient way to extract rubber? 1 extractor with 4 overclockers or 2 with 2 overclockers? or no difference?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
What happens if I use an AE Molecular Assembler to create an unstable ingot?

You get a "Pre-Countdown" Unstable Ingot that won't start counting down until you place it into your inventory. It won't explode while inside of the ME System, but you can't craft with it before starting the countdown, or after it reaches 0.0.

For more information, you can check out this thread. :oops:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Whats the more efficient way to extract rubber? 1 extractor with 4 overclockers or 2 with 2 overclockers? or no difference?

From a power input standpoint the 2 extractors would be cost less EU. Each overclocker you add really increases the power requirements. If power is not an issue I would use just one extractor with all of the overclockers in it (easier to automate).

Reactions: AlanEsh

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Additionally, how thick would warded stone walls need to be to be completely impenetrable? I know of a couple ways to glitch through and dont want these to happen to me.
Depends, what are the mechanics of the glitches? I don't think that any thickness is totally impervious to all glitches. And also, SMP is different to SSP, DocM tested wither containment using Warded Glass in SSP but it didn't work in SMP, the Wither glitched through a double layer.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly do I fix the "Unnamed" glitch in BoP in Unleashed? I read something about a hotfix somewhere. What version number is this and where do I get it? The MCF thread for BoP seems to only have 1.6.2 downloads and the only 1.5 downloads I could find are for significantly older versions.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
My Isolator, synthesizer and purifier from extra bees. The power bar is staying at 0% charged. They are working and I checked with a multimeter and they are getting the correct amount of power. Is this a glitch?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Also, arent you supposed to have to right click brains in a jar to get the XP? I have one set up near turtles that are killing mobs in a grinder, but when i go near it I get xp right away, I dont have to click the brain at all. Im thinking the brain just isnt holding the xp at all, as the xp is acting just like it was before I had it, when i first set up the grinder...
Sounds like your brain is full of XP. Try turning your spawner off, collecting all of the XP on the ground, and then clicking the jar.

My Isolator, synthesizer and purifier from extra bees. The power bar is staying at 0% charged. They are working and I checked with a multimeter and they are getting the correct amount of power. Is this a glitch?
How much power are you feeding them? If you connect one face of a Redstone Energy Cell set to output 100 MJ/t to a machine that uses 100 MJ/t, then nothing will build up in the machine while it's running.

What do you mean by "working"? Do the machines accumulate energy while there are no bees in them?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Depends, what are the mechanics of the glitches? I don't think that any thickness is totally impervious to all glitches. And also, SMP is different to SSP, DocM tested wither containment using Warded Glass in SSP but it didn't work in SMP, the Wither glitched through a double layer.

That is close. However, in SMP he didn't have enough blocks to double everything. So he just doubled up the corners and didn't get every corner. So this might be worth testing again to see if the wither can be contained with a double wall of warded block. That said I would want to back this up with some MFFS fields to make sure the wither can't escape during the testing.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Question, though I know the answer is probably no. Anyway to make slimes stop spawning in my base?

http://i.imgur.com/Yt0MXzt.jpg

Its party night as you can see by the screenshot. Ive gotten about 3000 slimes balls just from farming down in my tree farm when Im not trying to build stuff upstairs. Its not hard, just mildly annoying. Ill need to invest in an aoe weapon if one exists in tinkers otherwise. Cause one sword is really slow vs allllllllll of those slimes.

Reactions: AlanEsh

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Try a Magnum Torch--I don't know if it works on vanilla slimes, but it definitely works on the blue ones. ;)

As far as an AoE weapon in Tinker's construct, I've heard scythes are quite excellent. ;)

Bedebao

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've been noticing an odd increase in the number of mob heads too. No idea if a mod is behind it, though. :c

That would be pointless,we can use a cleaver or the beheading upgrade from tinker's construct
But if it helps getting withers skulls,why not

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Another question. I finally got my interdimensionals made. But I already have a problem with my current power grid. Im unsure how to wire wires properly. Ill spell it out, I have a mfsu providing power to 4 industrial grinders, an industrial bast furnace, ME unit, 1 tessaract, 2 induction furnaces, passes through a transformer and into 4 other machines. Now I can power it all fine, but 2 of my grinders are getting too little EU to actually be of use. Im guessing this means that when I set up my interdimensional, I need to have it power seperate MFSUs? One dedicated to x machines, another to y and a third for the smalls so that each can properly be powered? This is going by my assumption that my interdimensional can actually power 3 mfsus at once.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The MFSU outputs 512 EU/t.

The machines you have connected to it: 5x 128 EU/t, 2x 16 EU/t, and an unknown amount for the ME network (typically between 20 and 60 EU/t) and the other 4 machines. Total: probably around 750 EU/t, and that's assuming that there are no overclockers in play.

And you wonder why it doesn't work? ;)

For reference, an IDSU outputs either 2048 EU/t or 8192 EU/t (I forget), so it can power a minimum of 4 MFSUs... or up to 16.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
unspunreality: I would suggest getting at least another MFSU, or four MFE's. I'd go with four MFE's since they're dirt cheap with gregtech, and hook up a dedicated MFE to each industrial grinder.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Will one industrial Steam engine produce more than the maximum Input for a Redstone energy Cell? I have one hooked up to my cell, and it's building up energy quite significantly.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Will one industrial Steam engine produce more than the maximum Input for a Redstone energy Cell? I have one hooked up to my cell, and it's building up energy quite significantly.
I don't think I understand your question... An industrial steam engine produces max 8mj/t, a REC has a max input of 100 mj/t (or 12.5 industrial steam engines). It stores 100k mj, so with one industrial steam engine you'll fill it up in ten and a half minute. With the max input of 12.5 industrial steam engines, it would fill up in 50 seconds.