Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Oh gosh.. Seems like a lot. But I like it. I sorta got what youre saying, so time for trial and error. And to make some massively compllicated pile of popes over my grinders! But, what will happen to the loop? Can it loop 1k items?

You can use an interface to send the items to a subnetwork that routes the materials in a compact way.

carmont492

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any liquid tanks that can be connected horizontally? So in effect you could make a 1x5 long tank?

Thanks

connerity

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any options to make the smeltery from TiCo faster?
Like, placing more lava tanks or something?

Also, how could you automate it in Unleashed?
Is there a block that simulates player rightclick?

Making approx. 4000 glass blocks per hand is kinda ....well yeah, need to automate it.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
...smeltery from TiCo...
how could you automate it in Unleashed?
Is there a block that simulates player rightclick?
The drain will output with a redstone signal, items can be pumped in, and liquids pumped out. Gates can tell you if there are items in the inventory that haven't melted. See DW20's SMP LP for an example of almost perfect automation of TiCo smelteries.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Why is my Carpenter constantly drawing power from my Redstone energy cell? All my other machines are full, and the carpenter isn't doing anything, yet it still uses power.

What do I need to empty an ME Storage Disk? I have used them unformatted to start, but now that I got a few I want to format them properly.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Why is my Carpenter constantly drawing power from my Redstone energy cell? All my other machines are full, and the carpenter isn't doing anything, yet it still uses power.

Buildcraft recently got an energy network rework. Lossless pipes in exchange for machines with idle power drain. Not many addons have converted yet, but Forestry did.

Reactions: Cronos988

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
That's normal now. I get the same with my Filler, when it's finished it keeps using power from the REC. I'm pretty sure it didn't in 1.4.7.

I'm sure that this will lead to complaints. Buildcraft power was designed to be produced and consumed on demand. What you're supposed to do is run your engines to constantly produce plenty of power, and set up a robust fuel and water supply system to keep them all running smoothly. But, Thermal Expansion has spoiled us with Redstone Energy Cells. The idea of having a block with a huge reserve of power that outputs a torrent of energy when it's needed and then stops when it isn't is contrary to Buildcraft's design philosophy.

I love RECs though. I do set up a constant energy supply, and I use tesseracts to send that power out to my annexes, but that big red battery box is a godsend for setting up new sites.

Reactions: Cirom and Cronos988

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Um i've got some sounds problem here, looks like my twilight forest mobs didn't make any sounds at all which supposed they should, how can i fix that?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
What do I need to empty an ME Storage Disk? I have used them unformatted to start, but now that I got a few I want to format them properly.
I think in later versions of AE, you can format a disk that has items on it. It will automatically format it to allow the items that it has on it already. You can empty it by putting it into an ME IO Port and all its items will be moved elsewhere in the AE system.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
If I have four igneous extruders running making cobble and feeding it into a recycler with 5 overclocker upgrades then I burn the scrap produced, will I get a surplus of EU? I am looking for an EU source that could be used as a backup generator and is self reliant and works underground. For example, lava relies on a supply of lava coming in and solar isnt active underground.[DOUBLEPOST=1377049162][/DOUBLEPOST]Additionally, how thick would warded stone walls need to be to be completely impenetrable? I know of a couple ways to glitch through and dont want these to happen to me.

Bump

Jul 29, 2019
Im coming back ftb after a while (hooray!) and am having a weird issue with the Unleashed pack. When I craft things, extra blocks/items in the stack of blocks/items im placing in the table go into random slots in the crafting grid. Say, for example, im trying to craft sticks, and put 2 wooden planks above each other. well after the second click, there are suddenly 4 wooden planks in the table, which would create a crafting table. I am having other similar issues with items and it is very annoying. anyone got the same problem or a solution?
thanks!

Bedebao

Jul 29, 2019
I got 4 zombie skulls in 3 nights of hunting
Is this normal?I think a mod changed the drop rate of skulls(Btw i'm using a thaumium sword with repair II,just in case),am I right?

Reactions: SpitefulFox
Jul 29, 2019
I got 4 zombie skulls in 3 nights of hunting
Is this normal?I think a mod changed the drop rate of skulls(Btw i'm using a thaumium sword with repair II,just in case),am I right?
I dont know about the drop rates, but i believe there is an enchantment called "vorpal" that boots head-chopping abilities

Bedebao

Jul 29, 2019
I dont know about the drop rates, but i believe there is an enchantment called "vorpal" that boots head-chopping abilities

"Btw i'm using a thaumium sword WITH REPAIR II" Please,read before posting
Remember vorpal is from redpower,and it's gone(Redstone in motion and NumiRp doesn't have it)

I think the normal drop rate is 1%,I don't think I could be that lucky

Reactions: SpitefulFox
Jul 29, 2019
Remember vorpal is from redpower,and it's gone(Redstone in motion and NumiRp doesn't have it)

I think the normal drop rate is 1%,I don't think I could be that lucky

1) i didnt know what pack you were using, hence you might be using an old one
2) using a sword with enchant "x" doesnt mean you cant try to get a sword with enchant "y"
Thank you :)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
There's no need for that. I think that Buff read your post as meaning "I didn't get many heads, has a mod reduced the drop rate", and was offering a suggestion to "solve" your "problem". No amount of re-reading woyluld make it clear that you meant the opposite!

Reactions: AlanEsh

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Does a Wraiths Eye really retain the abilities of a Salamanders eye from xenos reliquary? My first try it failed to stop blaze fireballs, and I was holding it in my hand at the time.

Also, arent you supposed to have to right click brains in a jar to get the XP? I have one set up near turtles that are killing mobs in a grinder, but when i go near it I get xp right away, I dont have to click the brain at all. Im thinking the brain just isnt holding the xp at all, as the xp is acting just like it was before I had it, when i first set up the grinder...