Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Have you tried placing a Diamond Autarchic Gate on a wooden pipe and setting seven of it's eight slots to "Redstone Signal Off" >> "Energy Pulser"?
Or dumping 64 MJ/t into a wooden pipe from a Redstone Energy Cell?

I.. didn't actually know about that. Thanks for mentioning it, though - I feel that may become useful in later builds of mine! :D

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know the best set up for egg farm in ftb unleashed? Since transposers is no longer an option because of redpower

And i want to use the most compact one using some machines instead of the signs

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know the best set up for egg farm in ftb unleashed? Since transposers is no longer an option because of redpower

Just use vanilla hoppers.

I usually do a 3x3 square of hoppers, they'll automatically pick up the eggs, and you can route them to a chest or something if you place the hoppers correctly.

Reactions: reddvilzz

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
What is a question?

ques·tion
[kwes-chuhn]

noun
1. a sentence in an interrogative form, addressed to someone in order to get information in reply.
2. a problem for discussion or under discussion; a matter for investigation.
3. a matter of some uncertainty or difficulty; problem (usually followed by of ): It was simply a question of time.
4. a subject of dispute or controversy.
5. a proposal to be debated or voted on, as in a meeting or a deliberative assembly.
6. the procedure of putting a proposal to vote.
7. Politics. a problem of public policy submitted to the voters for an expression of opinion.
8. Law.
---- a. a controversy that is submitted to a judicial tribunal or administrative agency for decision.
---- b. the interrogation by which information is secured.
---- c. Obsolete:judicial examination or trial.
9. the act of asking or inquiring; interrogation; query.
10. inquiry into or discussion of some problem or doubtful matter.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Just use vanilla hoppers.

I usually do a 3x3 square of hoppers, they'll automatically pick up the eggs, and you can route them to a chest or something if you place the hoppers correctly.

How far vanilla hopper can suck up items on the ground? Can i put pipe under the hopper?

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
How far vanilla hopper can suck up items on the ground? Can i put pipe under the hopper?

I think hoppers only suck at max through 1 block.

You don't need pipes, because hoppers can transfer items between themselves, take a look (
).
Plenty of hopper tips on the youtubes :)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ultimate FTB Mod Pack Question.

Hi, I've searched the forums here under several keyword combos and I've been looking on and off with google for weeks, even looked up any of the mods that it could likely be from the list of the Ultimate FTB pack but to no avail.
Can anyone, please, tell me what the mod is in the Ultimate pack that when you die, places your inventory into your own skull and places that atop a fence post in the spot where you died so you can come back and get your stuff?
Myself and friends are trying to put together a mod pack to submit as a private FTB pack and this is literally the only one that is alluding us and driving me crackers trying to find it lol The answer would be greatly appreciated if anyone has it. Thank you in advance :)
I didn't even know that was a thing...

Take a look into your <folder that contains FTB launcher>/Ultimate/InstMods folder for mods that you haven't either added already or researched in detail yet. If the forum thread for your mod contains any kind of easter egg or secret feature, try installing it in your custom pack to see if it adds this feature.

If all else fails, Thaumic Tinkerer adds a rune of some sort that, if it's in your inventory when you die, puts your items into an indestructible entity which will return them to exactly where they were in your inventory when you return to it. It's single-use and somewhat expensive, but it could be used as a backup in case you can't find the mod you're looking for.

I would probably use a wooden golem to pick up the eggs and put them in a chest or ME Interface. No water needed.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
with the MFR grinder, I'm currently using it to kill ghasts, and it appears that it doesn't want to pick up the ghast tears automatically. It only puts gunpowder into the chest for me, the tears are left in the kill chamber. Is there a way to fix this? or is this a bug that is fixed in later versions?

(using Unleashed 1.1.1)

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
“Ultimate FTB Mod Pack Question.

Hi, I've searched the forums here under several keyword combos and I've been looking on and off with google for weeks, even looked up any of the mods that it could likely be from the list of the Ultimate FTB pack but to no avail.
Can anyone, please, tell me what the mod is in the Ultimate pack that when you die, places your inventory into your own skull and places that atop a fence post in the spot where you died so you can come back and get your stuff?
Myself and friends are trying to put together a mod pack to submit as a private FTB pack and this is literally the only one that is alluding us and driving me crackers trying to find it lol The answer would be greatly appreciated if anyone has it. Thank you in advance :)
I didn't even know that was a thing...

Take a look into your <folder that contains FTB launcher>/Ultimate/InstMods folder for mods that you haven't either added already or researched in detail yet. If the forum thread for your mod contains any kind of easter egg or secret feature, try installing it in your custom pack to see if it adds this feature.

If all else fails, Thaumic Tinkerer adds a rune of some sort that, if it's in your inventory when you die, puts your items into an indestructible entity which will return them to exactly where they were in your inventory when you return to it. It's single-use and somewhat expensive, but it could be used as a backup in case you can't find the mod you're looking for.
Isn't that Death Chests? Not sure, never used it. Didn't think that was part of Ultimate though...

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
with the MFR grinder, I'm currently using it to kill ghasts, and it appears that it doesn't want to pick up the ghast tears automatically. It only puts gunpowder into the chest for me, the tears are left in the kill chamber. Is there a way to fix this? or is this a bug that is fixed in later versions?

(using Unleashed 1.1.1)

Cover the floor with conveyor belts that shove item drops into/over a hopper or item collector attached to your chest.

Reactions: PierceSG

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Question:

(using Unleashed 1.1.1)
One of mDiyo's mods make ghasts drop extra Ghast Tears, but the grinder does not recognise the additions beyond the vanilla drops. Just use conveyor belts to redirect the drops to an Item Collector beside an inventory.
Is it better to have more than one Harvester for a single Planter plot?
I'm not sure, I guess the efficiency of a Harvester depends on the size of the upgrade - the more area the Harvester has to check, the slower it is at checking a full field. Usually one Harvester per Planter is enough, though. - if your Harvester has the same upgrade as the Planter, it has about the same efficiency as it. I think.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Esperologist

Jul 29, 2019
Question:

(using Unleashed 1.1.1)
I have also noticed that the MFR does not collect bonus loot (like spoils bags) or does not even generate it (like minium shards).
I set up a manual Zombie farm... walked away with 15 spoils bags, 10 iron ingots, a couple stacks of minium shard and a few stacks of zombie flesh.
I converted it to an MFR grinder... and after 15 stacks of zombie flesh, only got 2 spoils bags and nothing else. Spoils bags were collected by the hoppers left over from the manual setup.

So, I'm converting the zombie farm back to manual grinding (like getting the armor/ingot drops) and using the grinder for skeletons. That way, I get bones and arrows galore.
I'm wondering now, what are some other mod grinder options?
The three I know are Manual (vanilla style rig), MFR Grinder and Combat Turtle / Brain Jar Combo.

Is it better to have more than one Harvester for a single Planter plot?
Considering you can make an Emerald upgrade to expand the Harvester range by 11 blocks (not sure if that is radius or diameter).
The options are, do you want speed (more harvesters) or area?
Really, if your power supply for the MFR machine can send it power as fast as it uses the power, do you need faster?
There is also a chance that having multiple harvesters covering the same area could cause conflicts... depends on how the code handles it.

With a direct EU line to my Grinder, and 32 Windmills producing, my Grinder is limited only by how fast the mobs spawn.
I just need to get some Endstone to make Soul Shards. I'm just wondering if I really have to go to the End to get it...
I have never actually fought the dragon yet... though the Mindcrackers make it look easy... in a team.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I have also noticed that the MFR does not collect bonus loot (like spoils bags) or does not even generate it (like minium shards).

Here's some fun coder trivia about how those work. Each mob has a method that dictates what it drops when it dies. MFR Grinders check that method to "ask" the mob what it's gonna drop, and generates it inside the machine as an output.

Mobs don't normally drop things like Spoil Bags, Heart Containers, Necrotic Bones, Minium Shards, or Extra Leather/Tears. How these mods accomplish this is by using watchers checking for events. Think of them kinda like Interrupts from certain magical games. Whenever a mob dies, Forge notifies Dartcraft, Tinkers Construct, and Equivalent Exchange 3 that a mob has died. Dartcraft checks that the mob isn't a SoulShard clone and then rolls a chance. If that passes, it drops a Spoils Bag on the ground. Tinkers Construct checks what kind of mob it is and drops some extra leather or ghast tears on the ground, or rolls a chance to drop a Necrotic Bone. Equivalent Exchange does some kind of insane voodoo magic to tell if an actual player has killed the mob and not some Faux-Player like a Turtle or Grinder. If it's a real player, it rolls a chance to drop a Minium Shard on the ground.

TL;DR: Point is, all these things happen independantly of the mob's actual drops, so the Grinder is completely unaware of them. They're not actual drops so much as items that "coincidentally" appear on the ground when a mob dies. So, if you want to farm these things, you'll need a separate way of picking up items than the Grinder.

robbversion1

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get death timer removed from my game? Its been frozen on my screen for about a day now. And I cant figure out the command to remove it. I've tried /deathtimer stop but it just tells me there's no timer with that name

Esperologist

Jul 29, 2019
Here's some fun coder trivia about how those work. Each mob has a method that dictates what it drops when it dies. MFR Grinders check that method to "ask" the mob what it's gonna drop, and generates it inside the machine as an output.

Mobs don't normally drop things like Spoil Bags, Heart Containers, Necrotic Bones, Minium Shards, or Extra Leather/Tears. How these mods accomplish this is by using watchers checking for events. Think of them kinda like Interrupts from certain magical games. Whenever a mob dies, Forge notifies Dartcraft, Tinkers Construct, and Equivalent Exchange 3 that a mob has died. Dartcraft checks that the mob isn't a SoulShard clone and then rolls a chance. If that passes, it drops a Spoils Bag on the ground. Tinkers Construct checks what kind of mob it is and drops some extra leather or ghast tears on the ground, or rolls a chance to drop a Necrotic Bone. Equivalent Exchange does some kind of insane voodoo magic to tell if an actual player has killed the mob and not some Faux-Player like a Turtle or Grinder. If it's a real player, it rolls a chance to drop a Minium Shard on the ground.

TL;DR: Point is, all these things happen independantly of the mob's actual drops, so the Grinder is completely unaware of them. They're not actual drops so much as items that "coincidentally" appear on the ground when a mob dies. So, if you want to farm these things, you'll need a separate way of collecting them than the Grinder.
So, I got lucky to get a couple of spoils bags from Grinder kills... glitched a little I guess. Or maybe my proximity at the time of the kills did it.
Looks like I'll be setting up a switch between manual and automatic mode... later. Still doesn't explain why the Grinder only generates zombie flesh... it should also get some potatoes, carrots, iron ingots and various armor/swords.
Also looks like I'll be setting up a stone sword factory for the manual grinder... or maybe just Tinker's Construct swords and a repair station.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Looks like I'll be setting up a switch between manual and automatic mode... later. Still doesn't explain why the Grinder only generates zombie flesh... it should also get some potatoes, carrots, iron ingots and various armor/swords.
Also looks like I'll be setting up a stone sword factory for the manual grinder... or maybe just Tinker's Construct swords and a repair station.
You could use something else to kill the zombies that would count as player kills (although still probably wouldn't get you minium shards), such as Thaumcraft Iron Golems, Melee Turtles, or Iron Spikes from ExtraUtils.

Someone posted some screenshots of a spike-based mob farm a few days ago... he used some pistons to periodically flood the spike-covered floor and send the drops into MFR Item Collectors.

Reactions: SpitefulFox