Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Different approach:
Code:
currentSlot = 1
while true do
  if turtle.getItemCount(currentSlot) <1 then
    currentSlot = currentSlot+1
    turtle.select(currentSlot)
  end
  turtle.dropDown(1)
end
This will work until the last slot is empty. This needs to be fixed next.

Your problem was how you used those functions. turtle.select needs a parameter inside the (), namely the slot it should choose.
If the inventory space selector gets to the 16th slot, it won't jump back to the 1 slot? If not, would I have to manually set it back to the 1 slot?

Mind answering one more question? I've got;
Code:
if Power = true then
  turtle.dropDown(1)
end
It keeps telling me that it expects a "then" on line 1, and it's clearly there... I don't get it. Thanks for all the help too by the way, and for being patient, haha. :)

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
Can a matter fabricator accept power from more than one side?

Right now, my matter fab is hooked directly up to a Power Converters EV source at 1400 EU/tick. If I add solar cells, can I put more EU into the matter fab by putting a fiber cable into another face of the matter fab?

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys so i got lots of excess saplings while im breeding trees and I wanted to turn them to plantballs, is there any way to autocraft a plantball with different sapling?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I give this topic too many questions. But another one. I need a wand of freaking equal trade. Which means time for thaumcraft!

But seeing as how Ive never done it before, I must ask, whats a safe place to build something for thaumcraft? Since I do know about excess flux and what not. Dont want my machines blowing up eventually because of anything. Make an enclosed room of obsidian? Pocket dimension? How much actual space do I realistically need? Was debating quarrying a hole in my machine room down to bedrock and doing a teleporter to there while making it an abyssal stone room. No idea!

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Mind answering one more question? I've got;
Code:
if Power = true then
  turtle.dropDown(1)
end
It keeps telling me that it expects a "then" on line 1, and it's clearly there... I don't get it. Thanks for all the help too by the way, and for being patient, haha. :)
You need a double equals sign. You use one when assigning values to variables, two for comparing.
Code:
if Power == true then
  turtle.dropDown(1)
end

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Can a matter fabricator accept power from more than one side??

Yes. In fact you are supposed to do that. You are supposed to put one EV storage unit on 4 sides for ultimate UUM creation.
Hey guys so i got lots of excess saplings while im breeding trees and I wanted to turn them to plantballs, is there any way to autocraft a plantball with different sapling?
The only way to do that would be to use a bunch of different autocrafters, or fabricators. Alternatively you could use AE. Set it up so it uses which ever saplings you have the most of.
I give this topic too many questions. But another one. I need a wand of freaking equal trade. Which means time for thaumcraft!

But seeing as how Ive never done it before, I must ask, whats a safe place to build something for thaumcraft? Since I do know about excess flux and what not. Dont want my machines blowing up eventually because of anything. Make an enclosed room of obsidian? Pocket dimension? How much actual space do I realistically need? Was debating quarrying a hole in my machine room down to bedrock and doing a teleporter to there while making it an abyssal stone room. No idea!

The kind of building/blocks is irrelevant. Build a TC room (preferably a tower for bonus awesomeness) far as hell away from your house. The sides need/should be even (not 9x9, but 10x10, etc.) due to a crafting tool needed to make wands. It looks best as a center piece. You don't need too much room, but you might want a wheat farm somewhere (seeds are used SO MUCH in ThaumCraft). You need room for 1 Crucible, 1 2x2 crafting thingy, 1 arcane worktable, 1 research table, and if you want an infernal furnace, and some chests to store random goodies. Get some silverwood trees nearby and/or some pure bees. They can keep the node pure so you don't get excessive amounts of flux.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. In fact you are supposed to do that. You are supposed to put one EV storage unit on 4 sides for ultimate UUM creation.

The only way to do that would be to use a bunch of different autocrafters, or fabricators. Alternatively you could use AE. Set it up so it uses which ever saplings you have the most of.

The kind of building/blocks is irrelevant. Build a TC room (preferably a tower for bonus awesomeness) far as hell away from your house. The sides need/should be even (not 9x9, but 10x10, etc.) due to a crafting tool needed to make wands. It looks best as a center piece. You don't need too much room, but you might want a wheat farm somewhere (seeds are used SO MUCH in ThaumCraft). You need room for 1 Crucible, 1 2x2 crafting thingy, 1 arcane worktable, 1 research table, and if you want an infernal furnace, and some chests to store random goodies. Get some silverwood trees nearby and/or some pure bees. They can keep the node pure so you don't get excessive amounts of flux.

tl;dr.

Far from base
Beside silverwood
Even sided base

Now if its far getting items will suck, but I guess Ill just install the TF2 mod for teleporters and that should solve that.

And I said abyssal stone just cause its black and I imagine thaumcraft as a dark mod. I should try ars magica too but Im not that daring.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019

How far away? Because, if you have AE, it is ideal to have access to your AE system when doing TC research, because you'll need a bunch of random items. Too far away, and you'll constantly be going to your home base to, e.g., get eggs, get rubber, get meat, etc.

I know that my last base had my TC too close and excess flux was making it rain too much and creating wisps in my main area. So how far away should it be? 100 blocks? 200?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
How far away? Because, if you have AE, it is ideal to have access to your AE system when doing TC research, because you'll need a bunch of random items. Too far away, and you'll constantly be going to your home base to, e.g., get eggs, get rubber, get meat, etc.

I know that my last base had my TC too close and excess flux was making it rain too much and creating wisps in my main area. So how far away should it be? 100 blocks? 200?

Oooh. Good question.

My AE system is very basic right now. How far could it actually be extended though? Do you just connect a billion ME cables underground?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
tl;dr.

Far from base
Beside silverwood
Even sided base

Now if its far getting items will suck, but I guess Ill just install the TF2 mod for teleporters and that should solve that.

And I said abyssal stone just cause its black and I imagine thaumcraft as a dark mod. I should try ars magica too but Im not that daring.

Why install the TF2 mod? Just use IC2s Teleporters, they are super cheap and just require some HV Power.

I'm working together with a friend on a server right now. He does magic, I do science. His tower is a couple hundred blocks away and I still get his flux. A few hundred blocks away should be fine with some IC2 Teleporters or MystCraft void teleport hub age.[DOUBLEPOST=1371686926][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oooh. Good question.

My AE system is very basic right now. How far could it actually be extended though? Do you just connect a billion ME cables underground?

I haven't done anything more than a basic ME Network (Terminal, Chest, Controller, a couple 64K drives). But isn't there some tool where you can access your ME System from anywhere, or am I just smoking crack?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Why install the TF2 mod? Just use IC2s Teleporters, they are super cheap and just require some HV Power.

I'm working together with a friend on a server right now. He does magic, I do science. His tower is a couple hundred blocks away and I still get his flux. A few hundred blocks away should be fine with some IC2 Teleporters or MystCraft void teleport hub age.

Cause I dont have the power to power an IC2 teleporter. TF2 are free I believe.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this is a simple question (and I tried to look for an answer first):

Can someone list the items that can be used to make biomass AND list them in order of amount of biomass generated PER ITEM (eg, 1 wheat vs 1 plantball vs etc. etc. etc.)??

I am trying to figure out if it is worth moving ALL my wheat into plantballs (or something better!), or should I keep it split up. After the seed changes that disallows using the overflow of seeds as plantballs, I want to make sure I am not wasting wheat. Theoretically, a plantball (that takes 8 wheat) should make more biomass. But I just can't tell watching it ingame and I don't feel like splitting off the system just to figure out which makes more fuel.

Thank you in advance!!!
The entry for the fermenter on the forestry wiki lists the outputs.

A compressed plantball is worth 500mB of biomass, wheat is the least valuable organic matter and is worth 100mB. Since it takes 8 items to make a plantball any item that is a valid input for the fermenter (wheat, cactus, sugar cane, mushrooms, saplings) is better left in its normal state than in plantball form.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
I haven't done anything more than a basic ME Network (Terminal, Chest, Controller, a couple 64K drives). But isn't there some tool where you can access your ME System from anywhere, or am I just smoking crack?
There is an item that lets you access your ME network wirelessly, but it's got a very limited range.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
How bad are we talking about with flux anomolies? Wisps are easy to kill, Im more worried if wisps could end up spawning in my machine room and setting fire to stuff.

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
@satanicsanta ---yeah that can do but kinda messy in my forestry world and I don't think I'm gonna graft different saplings forever

@unspunreality ---

Getting started in TC3? you need resources and of course easy access to it ..just set up you room near your ae storage and get a wireless terminal and about excess flux i don't really experience them spawning in my room even my walls is made with greatwood logs.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Ill just need to figure out the range of the wireless terminal then. I already had an idea of what to do for the base. A tower sounds nice, but since I know the crucible needs lava I actually wanted to make one floor entirely lava under hardened glass with one spot open for the crucible. I dunno if itd be possible but hell, gotta try it.

Oh god. Its 64 blocks wirelessly. My home is more then 64 blocks. Yeah, no wireless for me. xd

This is gonna be painful.