Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, go into the config and enable the cheat sheet. Then you can spawn in a fully filled thaumonomicon from the creative inventory.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Is this really happening?
aAXY1dL.png

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get my Turtle to obey me, and I'm getting this error, here is the code;

Code:
function changeSlot()
  turtle.select() + 1
  end

while true do
  if turtle.select() = turtle.getItemCount() < 1
    then changeSlot()
  end
  end
I'm getting an error for an unexpected symbol on line 2. I just want the turtle to constantly cycle it's inventory when it runs out of fuel in the selected slot. It doesn't use the fuel itself, but it gives it to an engine.

flummox

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this is a simple question (and I tried to look for an answer first):

Can someone list the items that can be used to make biomass AND list them in order of amount of biomass generated PER ITEM (eg, 1 wheat vs 1 plantball vs etc. etc. etc.)??

I am trying to figure out if it is worth moving ALL my wheat into plantballs (or something better!), or should I keep it split up. After the seed changes that disallows using the overflow of seeds as plantballs, I want to make sure I am not wasting wheat. Theoretically, a plantball (that takes 8 wheat) should make more biomass. But I just can't tell watching it ingame and I don't feel like splitting off the system just to figure out which makes more fuel.

Thank you in advance!!!

Avengor

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I've started with FTB and i've been trying a bit of every mod on a survival map, cheats disabled.

Would you guys recommend learning the various mods this way? It's slow, since I have to farm up everything. I spend most of my time researching - but trying things is hard without having abundant resources. However, I don't want to cheapen the experience...

I guess my question is, do I lose anything if I fire up creative mode and try and explore the various mods that way? (except thaumcraft - that one I won't rush, since I have to research everything).

Thanks for your thoughts!

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to get my Turtle to obey me, and I'm getting this error, here is the code;

Code:
function changeSlot()
  turtle.select() + 1
  end

while true do
  if turtle.select() = turtle.getItemCount() < 1
    then changeSlot()
  end
  end
I'm getting an error for an unexpected symbol on line 2. I just want the turtle to constantly cycle it's inventory when it runs out of fuel in the selected slot. It doesn't use the fuel itself, but it gives it to an engine.

Different approach:
Code:
currentSlot = 1
while true do
  if turtle.getItemCount(currentSlot) <1 then
    currentSlot = currentSlot+1
    turtle.select(currentSlot)
  end
  turtle.dropDown(1)
end
This will work until the last slot is empty. This needs to be fixed next.

Your problem was how you used those functions. turtle.select needs a parameter inside the (), namely the slot it should choose.[DOUBLEPOST=1371674075][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi guys,

I've started with FTB and i've been trying a bit of every mod on a survival map, cheats disabled.

Would you guys recommend learning the various mods this way? It's slow, since I have to farm up everything. I spend most of my time researching - but trying things is hard without having abundant resources. However, I don't want to cheapen the experience...

I guess my question is, do I lose anything if I fire up creative mode and try and explore the various mods that way? (except thaumcraft - that one I won't rush, since I have to research everything).

Thanks for your thoughts!
Many of us fire up creative mode to check out how stuff works, then implement that in the real world. Losing some stacks of steel in the beginning due to some errors, which could be easily avoided, does hurt very much. And in all honesty: If you managed to learn how something works without looking how others did it, gives you a nice sense of accomplishment. It doesn't matter if you used creative or survival for it.

Reactions: flummox

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Minor question. I wanna quarry stuff. Cus I need materials. But I have a few questions.

When stuff is quarried, what do you get? Ores or the actual mineral?(Aka a diamond ore block or an actual diamond ore)
What happens with lava/water? Im guessing it'll just wreck obsidian.
How can I power them without engines/redstone cells? And if there is no other way to sorta just hook it up to some energy storage unit, how many electric engines would keep it running smoothly? I hate engines that require actual resourses.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get rid of lots of water.
Say, a quarry full of water.
It can be a cheat and it can be something legit.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Minor question. I wanna quarry stuff. Cus I need materials. But I have a few questions.

When stuff is quarried, what do you get? Ores or the actual mineral?(Aka a diamond ore block or an actual diamond ore)
What happens with lava/water? Im guessing it'll just wreck obsidian.
How can I power them without engines/redstone cells? And if there is no other way to sorta just hook it up to some energy storage unit, how many electric engines would keep it running smoothly? I hate engines that require actual resourses.

You get whatever you get when you mine with a diamond pickaxe. Water just sits there, and it avoids lava and everything underneath it. Fill your quarry with water to get obsidian and whatever is underneath that lava pool. You can use power converters right next to it. The only MJ energy storage unit is a cell, so cells/engines are your only options.
To get the fastest quarry possible it requires 100MJ/t. An electrical engine (not upgraded) requires 6eu/t to make 2MJ/t. This means that you will need 50 not upgraded electrical engines each individually fed 6Eu/t for the most efficient Quarry. You can upgrade your engines using tubes and a soldering iron.

Upgrade- Change in EU input- Change in MJ output- Ratio EU:MJ
Copper- -2EU- -1MJ- 4:1
Tin- +7EU- +2MJ- 13:4
Bronze- +15EU- +4MJ- 21:6
Iron- -1EU- no change- 5:2

You can decide if you want to upgrade them at all, or how many engines you want. You only NEED 1 engine, but it would be extremely slow.[DOUBLEPOST=1371675606][/DOUBLEPOST]

Pump into a void pipe.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. But I could direct connect my mfsu with power converters and then use that? Why didnt I think of that. Ill need more solars though. Since I only have 2 mediums right now and a quarry would probably drain my mfsu fast.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. But I could direct connect my mfsu with power converters and then use that? Why didnt I think of that. Ill need more solars though. Since I only have 2 mediums right now and a quarry would probably drain my mfsu fast.

You probably would need a couple conduits too.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

If you want to cheat, spawn in some "sponge" blocks. They're vanilla blocks that can't be legitly obtained. They delete water in an area around them.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

You want the hole or just get rid of the water?

If you don't need the hole just put a filler. Hook it up to a exturder (to make cobble) and a pulverize (to make sand) the filler only needs to cover the top of the hole as so as it places the sand it will fall in filling the hole.

If you need the hole... Well MFFS can destory water blocks.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys, this thread really rocks.
Next one, powersuits mod, how do I configure the rocket boots usage key.
Under "K", I just got to put a toggle button.
But, how do I actually use the boots to fly? what's the key?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys, this thread really rocks.
Next one, powersuits mod, how do I configure the rocket boots usage key.
Under "K", I just got to put a toggle button.
But, how do I actually use the boots to fly? what's the key?

Hold down space.