Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Are you hitting the right spot? I know for a lot of the GT items you need to do it on weird spots. Like thermals will only break if you hit them on the black part of the top, solars only from the sides, etc.
I don't know. Tried in many different spots.[DOUBLEPOST=1371631434][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ahh crap. Found a flaw in my plan. I need infinite fertilizer. Infinite seeds is easy once mfr gets started, but how do I get fertilizer. I only have about 40 stacks of it. D=
You can use either animal farms with sewers going to a compost (slow, produces MFR fertilizer that can also be converted to forestry fertilizer) or some recyclers hooked up to a cobble generator and autocrafting that into IC2 fertilizer (faster, but depending on what you want to do may not work)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know. Tried in many different spots.[DOUBLEPOST=1371631434][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can use either animal farms with sewers going to a compost (slow, produces MFR fertilizer that can also be converted to forestry fertilizer) or some recyclers hooked up to a cobble generator and autocrafting that into IC2 fertilizer (faster, but depending on what you want to do may not work)

Last I knew for the electrolyzer problem, you gotta wrench it on the side, by shift right clicking it twice.
First time changes the orientation of the machine, which has no visible effect, second time picks it up

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the 1.52 inofficial beta pack with GT. Cannot use wrench on industrial electrolyzer to pick it up; neither omniwrench nor electric wrench in lossless mode. Anyone have any idea on what to do? Don't want to waste a perfectly fine electrolyzer.

Try shift-right click on the top face. Yes, GregTech machines are needlessly finicky about how you pick them up.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to measure the power going through an energy tesseract.
Furthermore, will 1 energy tesseract outputting it's maximum power be enough to run a quarry at max speed?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to measure the power going through an energy tesseract.
Furthermore, will 1 energy tesseract outputting it's maximum power be enough to run a quarry at max speed?

1. See if you can craft a "multimeter". Depends on the version of TE you use whether it's available yet or not.

2. Yes. In fact it will pretty much exactly run two quarries at full speed.

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Another one,
In 1.5.2 of the ultimate pack, I removed greg-tech.
Now, for some reason I can't view any of the modular powersuit's recipes, added to that, I can't craft any of the items.
Any advice other than using greg-tech?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Another one,
In 1.5.2 of the ultimate pack, I removed greg-tech.
Now, for some reason I can't view any of the modular powersuit's recipes, added to that, I can't craft any of the items.
Any advice other than using greg-tech?

Check modular powersuit config (mmmPowersuits.cfg) and change what recipe are enabled.

okera

Jul 29, 2019
I installed Sphax Texture Pack and Optifine to get cooler 'comic-style' water. However Optifine slows things down for me. Is there an option to get that comic water without OptiFine?

Dr_appleman

Jul 29, 2019
I installed Sphax Texture Pack and Optifine to get cooler 'comic-style' water. However Optifine slows things down for me. Is there an option to get that comic water without OptiFine?

Optifine shouldn't be slowing things down usually it lets you configure your video settings to do the opposite.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Been a while since I coded, but perhaps you could do something like this, I think that'd be about the program you're looking for

Code:
Value = false

While true do
  If os.pullevent("redstone") then
  Value = not(Value)
  end

While Value do
    if os.pull event("redstone") then
      Value = not(Value)
    end

turtle.attack()
    Sleep(1)
  End

Sleep(1)
End
I copied that, and added some text telling me when the signal was "on" and when it was "off" and it worked for one off and one on, but then it gave me an error on the first "Sleep(1)" section under "turtle.attack()"
I'd love to learn how to do this, but right now I'm really nooby, so I don't know how to fix it myself. But thanks, other than that, everything work. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1371656883][/DOUBLEPOST]
Very good point P:
Now, lets hope we have the syntax right there, and that should be a working attack turtle code which allows them to be toggled on and off with redstone signals.
My turtle is just a normal turtle. I do need some help with a melee turtle, but that's not set up yet. ;) I'm using it (normal Turtle) to dispense one coal into an engine every time it has an ON signal from a red pipe wire beside it. But turtles can't detect on or off, only a change in state.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't my bee. I have never breeded bees before. Can you explain this a little more in depth? Also, the guy whos bees I am using has about 500(0 I can't remember if it is 500 or 5000) valuable bees.
If you've already got a bunch of valuable bees just get the serum.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
For redstone controlled attack turtles and the like, I strongly suggest using
Code:
while true do
while rs.getInput("<side>") do
turtle.attack()
sleep(0.5)
end
sleep(5)
end
rather than doing some weird thing with os.pullEvent("redstone"). That little code snippet will do an attack loop as long as it receives a redstone signal and will check for a signal every 5 seconds if it doesn't.

Reactions: Saice

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
It isn't my bee. I have never breeded bees before. Can you explain this a little more in depth? Also, the guy whos bees I am using has about 500(0 I can't remember if it is 500 or 5000) valuable bees.
If you put a princess, any princess (I use Rocky Princesses as I have tons from my quarries), in an alveary with about half a stack of drones, then pretty soon you'll have a princess that is identical to the drones. With each generation the princess will mate with a drone, and will give birth to a princess that has a combination of their traits. This will then mate with another of the stack of drones, etc. and eventually all the traits of the original princess will be replaced by the drones' traits. In my experience it takes about 15-20 generations for this to happen, so half a stack is enough. As soon as the stack of drones stops depleting with every generation and starts to build back up again, you know you are done because the drones being produced are now identical to the original ones. (I use BC pipes to cycle the new drones and princesses around, any drones that don't stack will pop out and are picked up by a golem)