Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
If I interpret the picture correctly you used a "Gate" (named exactly that). For pipe wires to be used, you need at least an Iron Gate (can utilize red pipe wire).
Now let's use that Iron Gate twice and connect those two via red pipe wire. Set the bottom gate next to the Chronotyper to "IF hasWork THEN redPipeWireSignal" and the top gate next to the engine to "IF redPipeWireSignal THEN emitRedstone".
Just remember that stirling engines or steam engines will always burn through a whole item of fuel (e.g. Charcoal), it cannot burn it partially. When you stop giving the engine a signal midway, it will still burn through the rest of the current fuel item and store the produced energy in an internal storage. This internal storage will slowly evaporate the energy.
I think a better setup would be, where your gate triggered redstone signal controls a contraption that inserts exactly one item into the engine, while the engine has a permanent signal (e.g. a lever). The gate at the chronotyper should be something like "IF hasWork AND noEnergyStored THEN redPipeWireSignal". This way the internal energy storage of the Chronotyper can be utilized, since it doesn't have power dissipation. Maybe build a Turtle above the engine with the second Iron Gate next to it (configured like in my second paragraph). This turtle has a program which drops one fuel item down on receiving a redstone signal. A program for a similar problem like this was posted sometime today, maybe in this very thread. You'd need to look around a bit.
I'm messing around with you Turtle idea, and I got the command to make it dispense one item, but I can't find any tutorials on the syntax of the language or how to make it interact with redstone signals around it. I'm looking at the API for the turtle, and I haven't found anything.

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization question (1.5.2 NGT beta pack).. How do you get Charge now? I've made a solar turbine with a FZ steam turbine on top of it, solar panels around.. No steam or charge seems to be getting produced

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I know I asked this a few times, but last time. Ive started to use a quarry to flatten my world so I can keep the items that drop. But it drains power like nobody else. So I need a way to power redstone cells quickly. I dont want to tap into my lava tank cause thats for my big machines. So I want to try something I heard about with MFR and using a plant farm, saplings, biogas and steam to create ultimate cosmic power.

Anyone can point me to where to start so I can try it myself? I actually had fun messing around with AE last night when I didnt know anything, so just a small shove in the general direction and letting me flail about would be fine.,

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I know I asked this a few times, but last time. Ive started to use a quarry to flatten my world so I can keep the items that drop. But it drains power like nobody else. So I need a way to power redstone cells quickly. I dont want to tap into my lava tank cause thats for my big machines. So I want to try something I heard about with MFR and using a plant farm, saplings, biogas and steam to create ultimate cosmic power.

Anyone can point me to where to start so I can try it myself? I actually had fun messing around with AE last night when I didnt know anything, so just a small shove in the general direction and letting me flail about would be fine.,

You have many things you can do.
For immediate MJ Power here are you options:
Bio power (biomass, biofuel) - Biogas Engines
Lava power - Magmatic Engines
Solid Fuel Power (Fuel, Steam) - Stirling, Hobbyist Steam, Boiler to engine
Liquid Fuel (Steam, Fuel, Oil) - Combustion Engine, Boiler to engine

Blutricity to MJ (INEFFICIENT)
Solar - Blulectric Engine
Thermal doohickies (cant remember the name) - Blulectric Engine
Windmills - Blulectric Engine

EU to MJ
Bio Power - Bio Generator to Electrical engine or power converter
Lava Power - Electrical engine or converter
Solar power - Engine or converter
Solid fuel - Engine or converter

Choose your weapon.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

Look at RailCraft steam boilers. The easiest ones to build are the ones running on charcoal or planks.

http://railcraft.wikispaces.com/Steam+Boiler+(Device)

If you have questions after reading that and trying it in creative let me/us know.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Gosh. Seems like a lot. Ill start reading it all. I have power converters too. I was just listening in on a stream Sev(From twitch) and heard him say MFR + steam was basically OP. And I dont mind op. =p So thanks for the quick replies. Ill make sure I check out mfr, railcraft and power converters to make the most ultimate cosmic power generation that can pierce the heavens.3

So as to not spam back to back. I cant play minecraft atm. But the gist Im getting is

Plant trees > half saplings to a bio.. something. Ill find whatever machine can turn saplings into biostuff > that biostuff into a steam boiler of massive proportions > that steam into power converters > power the sun??

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Only wimps use PC's to create energy out of steam, real men use engines ;)

<-- Not a real man. Well.. technically I am. But why not use whats at my fingertips? >.> Saves space too~! Ive seen setups with engines on redstone coils. Not a space saver!

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the 1.52 inofficial beta pack with GT. Cannot use wrench on industrial electrolyzer to pick it up; neither omniwrench nor electric wrench in lossless mode. Anyone have any idea on what to do? Don't want to waste a perfectly fine electrolyzer.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the 1.52 inofficial beta pack with GT. Cannot use wrench on industrial electrolyzer to pick it up; neither omniwrench nor electric wrench in lossless mode. Anyone have any idea on what to do? Don't want to waste a perfectly fine electrolyzer.

Are you hitting the right spot? I know for a lot of the GT items you need to do it on weird spots. Like thermals will only break if you hit them on the black part of the top, solars only from the sides, etc.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Blutricity to MJ (INEFFICIENT)
Solar - Blulectric Engine
Thermal doohickies (cant remember the name) - Blulectric Engine
Windmills - Blulectric Engine

As someone that went out of their way to do this. Yes it is inefficient vary inefficient.

But it a fun sort of thing to build. I Have some threads around about the Bluetric engine that shows some setup and the scale of things. But yes it takes a lot of power to put the engine to use. For MJ not so bad but if your end goal is EU then you need to lava loop along the way and that makes it worst.

Or you can slap the engine on something from Unvireal Electrisity or Power contvertors.

apeiorn2

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into a very strange piece of world gen in my ftbu server world. a 1x1 hole all the way to bedrock with water in it. like an oil well, but no big oil cave.... anybody ever seen that before?

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into a very strange piece of world gen in my ftbu server world. a 1x1 hole all the way to bedrock with water in it. like an oil well, but no big oil cave.... anybody ever seen that before?
I guess that is steve-made...

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019

I saw one of those once too, in a savanna. Wasn't player made, the chunks were new.