Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing Stoneblock 2 and every time I hit the tilde key, I keep getting a radial menu whenever I try to use ore excavation. I was wondering if there was any way of disabling that and if there is, please let me know

It's a conflict with the Morph mod. Hit Escape to get options and go to controls. On the very bottom right of the screen you'll see 'iChunUtil Key Binds - Click Here'. When the new UI pops up, choose 'Morph>Key Binds'. It's the last item 'Selector Favourite/Radial Menu' - set that to something other than the tilde key.

PS I saw this on a ChosenArchitect vid.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
This may not be a simple answer, but is there a way to automatically despawn all hostile mobs say every day at noon? I think game world is suffering from stuck mobs filling the mob cap limit, as not really seeing hostile mobs.
Sure I could switch to peaceful and back again, but it would be better if the game handled this.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
This may not be a simple answer, but is there a way to automatically despawn all hostile mobs say every day at noon? I think game world is suffering from stuck mobs filling the mob cap limit, as not really seeing hostile mobs.
Sure I could switch to peaceful and back again, but it would be better if the game handled this.
daylight sensor wired into a command block that can only be triggered by the max redstone signal strength ? if the command block is told to change difficulty to peaceful on trigger. u can do some inverted redstone stuff for the change from peaceful to what ever your default is on a different command block (just dont let it trigger on noon)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I would avoid switching from normal to peaceful too often. Have seen it do many weird things to the world over the years. Some times it effectively completely stops ANY mobs from spawning on any difficulty.

S

somethiccboi12

stoneblock 2: how do you make a animal farm? i made a chunk of grass 25 blocks away but they won't spawn.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Unless you're in an ocean biome, they might eventually spawn. But, in the meantime, look up 'bait' in JEI. Or you can buy spawn eggs from Pam's marketplace.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
What's the mod that allows you to place items directly on blocks? Similar to using an item frame, but not having to.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
stoneblock 2: how do you make a animal farm? i made a chunk of grass 25 blocks away but they won't spawn.

I laid down two chunks of grass because I like some color in my gray world... and then I went off mining. When I returned, I had a chicken, a rooster, a cow, 2 sheep, and a compressed pig wandering around my base. :) So it is possible to spawn them naturally with grass.

The compressed pig is weird, but I think if I kill it, 9 regular pigs will take its place. Mmmm, bacon...

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
How to best store damaged loot drops like armor and swords etc?
I know about refine storage or applied energistics mods, what more are there to simply store all mob-drops?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The compressed pig is weird, but I think if I kill it, 9 regular pigs will take its place. Mmmm, bacon...

This is true. However, it must be a player-kill. Auto-killing (or environmental damage) still treats it as one 'thing'. Annoyingly, this also affects killing it as a Blood Magic sacrifice - the Sacrificial Knife destroys it and counts it as one 'kill'.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It's a conflict with the Morph mod. Hit Escape to get options and go to controls. On the very bottom right of the screen you'll see 'iChunUtil Key Binds - Click Here'. When the new UI pops up, choose 'Morph>Key Binds'. It's the last item 'Selector Favourite/Radial Menu' - set that to something other than the tilde key.

PS I saw this on a ChosenArchitect vid.

Goodness, that is super annoying indeed. I went thru the entire Controls list and it didn't fix it.

If you didn't type that solution I never would have seem that little tiny text way down in the bottom right corner of my large monitor. What a joke!! But thanks bud, you're a lifesaver indeed. These mod developers, sheesh!!!! What are they thinking???

What is really odd is that my Ore Excavation was working just fine for the entire past week. Suddenly, out of the blue, today when I press that tilde/grave key, I started to get the iChunUtils radial menu too. Luckily I remembered reading your solution the other day (I said to myself "well at least I don't have that problem with the pack" LOL). Thanks again!

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Do Oil Shales have any use? if so, How can I harvest them?
thermal expansion crude oil in solid form. if u harvest it with silk touch u get a bucket of crude oil from magma crucible-ing it. else it gives bitumen (which melts for 250 mb each , u will always get less then 4 without beyond vanilla fortune)
Why is crude oil relevant though ? u can distill it down into refined fuel which is worth at base 1.5m rf or 2.25m rf(with ignition plugs spec augment) inside a compression dynamo per bucket(i'm not counting generic fuel efficiency augments in these numbers)

S

SomeRandomPetey

upload_2019-1-12_12-25-33.png

Simple question, what mod are these buttons from? They're in the top left of my screen.

C

Cabo_Nobby

is there any way to find dyes in the world besides from flowers? I'm looking for Cyan and I can't seem to find it

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
is there any way to find dyes in the world besides from flowers? I'm looking for Cyan and I can't seem to find it
Ehm, craft it from lapis and cactus green?

Besides that there are a bunch of mods that adds additional sources of dyes. Look it up in NEI/JEI to see what you got in your pack.

Reactions: Cabo_Nobby