Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Sure it's a pain, but the wyvern set is basically an upgraded diamond set with a couple modifying options. The draconic suit is better in every way and is pretty much required to take on a chaos dragon

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That's also not what I'm asking, lol... It's all good, I'll assume it's me. I will just let my wyvern set sit on a dummy until I'm ready to make the Draconic set.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Well, by all means use it. I'm just saying that for all intents and purposes the draconic set is better and therefore you should work towards that.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I wasn't complaining about the effort required to make the draconic set. I am already 100% eventually going to make a draconic set. I am still going to.

What I was asking was whether or not it's worth it to upgrade this wyvern set in the meantime. IE, would someone with experience please let me know whether or not it's faster than I'd think before I get to draconic and I should, indeed, go ahead and skip wyvern. Or, if it's a bigger gap than it looks, so I should go ahead and get the most out of the wyvern set then worry about draconic later. Or, for someone to say "don't bother with the wyvern set except as a crafting material because as soon as you enchant or damage it, you can't use it to craft the next set anymore." or, alternatively "go ahead and upgrade the wyvern set because the enhancements you add to it now will carry over when you upgrade it" or something along those lines.

But, again, I'm sure it's the way I worded it. I am going to go ahead and just not bother with the wyvern set, so it's all good.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
yes, I get that. What I mean is some people were saying not to bother upgrading the wyvern armor and just going straight to draconic. IE, I just spent 4 nether stars making the wyvern set. Should I go ahead and upgrade that, or should I just hold off and use those pieces to craft the next set. IOW, is the next set not as much of a pain to make as it looks or no?
Ohh I see! Sorry, I totally missed what you were asking there! Hmm I guess it depends on how big a gap you have between your ability to make the two. I've seen a few people go to Wyvern but still be very short of draconic, so use the wyvern as much as possible until they're ready to go to the next tier - and that included upgrading it.

Reactions: Drbretto

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
What's the most efficient/best emc farm (projectE).
I'm playing stoneblock (1.0.28) and I need to make A TON of infinity catalysts from Avaritia (At least 6 stacks, to make infinity ingots), which are 3.5 billion emc each, what's the best way of getting that amount of EMC? Right now I have a nether star crop farm which can get me about 1 billion emc every 6-7 hours, is there a faster way?

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I think most people use either a silky jewel block RFtools dimension or a bajillion emerald chickens on watches of time to get the required EMC. Those are probably the best options. Regarding your crop farm, is it accelerated with a watch of flowing time? If not, that helps with EMC production a lot.

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
I think most people use either a silky jewel block RFtools dimension or a bajillion emerald chickens on watches of time to get the required EMC. Those are probably the best options. Regarding your crop farm, is it accelerated with a watch of flowing time? If not, that helps with EMC production a lot.
I didnt know about that watch. How do I set it up in a crop farm? Do I need to stand in the middle with it or is there a block that can do that for me?
EDIT: just figured it out, this thing is INSANE thanks!

Last edited:

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
@doxiMAN_MAN Set up emerald chickens. A block of emerald is something like 142k emc. 3-4 (full roosts) chickens feeding a condenser is all you need for infinite everything.

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Revelations at the moment.

Can anyone recommend a handy guide on the different materials and modifyers?
I know there's a book in game, but I'm looking for something like a spreadsheet.

Edit - Sorry, yes I'm talking about Tinkers' Constuct.

Last edited:

doxiMAN_MAN

Jul 4, 2016
How can I shift+rightclick blocks automatically in stoneblock? the mehcanical user (EXU2) and automated user (cyclic) don't seem to be able to shift+rightclick, either right click on or left click only