Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Yes it is very sad to me, because in my opinion, Minecraft is slowly dying in popularity, its best days are behind it... Microsoft once again proves they are the biggest idiots in the world for paying 2 billion dollars for a game whose best days are in the past. But of course that's only my opinion.

If I were you I'd keep playing FTB Infinity Evolved, because as you might expect after reading my words here, my opinion is that the v1.7.10 modpacks will be viewed in the future as being be best generation of modpacks. It's all downhill from here. Good luck, and enjoy!
which mods from 1.7.10 stopped being developed (u may not say any mod that has a spiritual successor in current versions) ?
(im guessing most of the list will be small mods , prove me wrong!)

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
In Stoneblock,is there a way to automate the collection of leaf blocks,without getting into ProjectE or the Conjuration Catalyst? You can't craft them from the Essences. Specifically,I'm using Birch Trees,since I plan on trashing the logs.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
In Stoneblock,is there a way to automate the collection of leaf blocks,without getting into ProjectE or the Conjuration Catalyst? You can't craft them from the Essences. Specifically,I'm using Birch Trees,since I plan on trashing the logs.
last i saw Hopping Bonsai Pots worked (although a bit slow) but its fully automatic,
however a faster method might be the industrial forgoing Plant Gatherer with the Leaf Shearing Addon.

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
last i saw Hopping Bonsai Pots worked (although a bit slow) but its fully automatic,
however a faster method might be the industrial forgoing Plant Gatherer with the Leaf Shearing Addon.

Plant Gatherer worked wonders! New problem,though.

I'm automating my Botania Runes. It all works dandy,except that the system always feeds too much Livingrock into the crafting system. I want to find a way to pull the excess Livingrock that inevitably winds up on the Runic Altar,and so far,the Daffomill and Hopperhock are doing diddly jack for getting it off. I have eight Mana Spreaders above the Runic Altar,so sticking the solution above the Runic Altar isn't going to happen. Literally everything except getting the excess Livingrock off of the Runic Altar works.

Also,using Refined Storage Crafters,how can I manage to make these runes in bulk? Whenever I try,it doesn't work,because ingredients for multiple batches mix up,without ever getting a single full batch in before this happens.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Also,using Refined Storage Crafters,how can I manage to make these runes in bulk? Whenever I try,it doesn't work,because ingredients for multiple batches mix up,without ever getting a single full batch in before this happens.
The key piece i remember is "blocking mode" on what ever is doing the crafting (at some pt refined storage didn't have it ,at some pt it did and then it changed a bunch again)

as for the living rock issue its something to do with a redstone circuit , because the runic altar emits different comparator "tap-able" redstone signal strs (use them as the drop trigger when the altar hits the " ready to finish the recipe" state aka the time its waiting for the living rock)

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
The key piece i remember is "blocking mode" on what ever is doing the crafting (at some pt refined storage didn't have it ,at some pt it did and then it changed a bunch again)

as for the living rock issue its something to do with a redstone circuit , because the runic altar emits different comparator "tap-able" redstone signal strs (use them as the drop trigger when the altar hits the " ready to finish the recipe" state aka the time its waiting for the living rock)

I'm using that Redstone signal to tell my system to export Livingrock to the Conveyor Belt for use,but due to travel time and how Redstone signals last quite some time,even if pulsed,I don't think it's mechanically possible to get a single piece of Livingrock into the line. Hence my focus on simply recycling the excess.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Also, RS doesn't have blocking mode. Direwolf20 ran into this in his own pack, and made a little AE2 system that would be just for making runes. RS pipes the items to a chest for AE2 to import, then AE2 makes the runes, then exports them to a chest for RS to import.. or something like that... It's in one of the earlier episodes of his 1.12 letsplay

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Question:

Deep Resonance Pedestal description says it can collect spent crystals and place new ones. I've got one set up, with a chest behind it, and it will break the spent crystal and place it in the chest, but it won't place the new one.
Do I need to make the "advanced" version?

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Also, RS doesn't have blocking mode. Direwolf20 ran into this in his own pack, and made a little AE2 system that would be just for making runes. RS pipes the items to a chest for AE2 to import, then AE2 makes the runes, then exports them to a chest for RS to import.. or something like that... It's in one of the earlier episodes of his 1.12 letsplay

I've checked a bunch of Dire's videos from the 1.12 LP,and found nothing about automated runes,so far. I'm on episode 50,and he's just getting into runecrafting in earnest. And it's all manual,so far. Got an episode number for me?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Sorry! It was before he moved into his pyramid.. :(

Actually it was earlier than that.. LOL

The concept is the same, even without the tiny circuits mod thing.

Last edited:

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
Need some help setting up an Ender Quarry.

This is my setup in my base, for my ME Network. I don't have any kind of chunk loader.
The Tesseract is set to receive items and energy.
9JZ0z0U.png

This is my Ender Quarry setup in my servers mining world.
The Tesseract is set to receive energy and send items.
IwLvcGg.png

The quarry seems to be setup right, it's not giving any errors, but my ME network is not receiving any items. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Need some help setting up an Ender Quarry.

This is my setup in my base, for my ME Network. I don't have any kind of chunk loader.
The Tesseract is set to receive items and energy.
9JZ0z0U.png

This is my Ender Quarry setup in my servers mining world.
The Tesseract is set to receive energy and send items.
IwLvcGg.png

The quarry seems to be setup right, it's not giving any errors, but my ME network is not receiving any items. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong?
Is that a Storage Bus on the tesseract? It need to be an Interface.

D

DirtBrainedPlayer

I'm playing FTB Continuum Version 1.4.1. I'm having trouble with being able to set more than one home.
I've looked at multiple subreddits and other posts but they all lead to "Ranks.json" Where in my settings I have "Ranks.txt" Whenever I follow their steps (but with "Ranks.txt) it does nothing except waste my time. I would love some help on this matter, it is getting frustrating so I've come to this forum. Thanks to anyone who spends their time trying to help me :).

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The point of the pack is to use EMC.... Maybe that's not the pack for you... I would suggest looking at all the other Skyblock type packs and play one of those instead.

Reactions: LordPINE

Riddle78

Nov 28, 2016
Sorry! It was before he moved into his pyramid.. :(

Actually it was earlier than that.. LOL

The concept is the same, even without the tiny circuits mod thing.

So,you meant his 1.11 (Or was it 1.10?) LP. That had me looking in the entirely wrong series. Also,I tried replicating that build (Covered across three episodes) as best as I could,substituting a Redstone Torch and Extra Utilities 2 Redstone Clock for the miniaturized circuit. Problem being,it often flubs up the crafting of runes,and it's wholly unable to craft seasonal runes,and I'm pretty sure it'll be unable to craft sin runes,too. I need a new solution.

EDIT: Whelp,I'm a moron. There were communication issues within my system,most notably my Redstone trigger to hold back the Livingrock,and channel shortages. Secondly,the Ranged Collector I was using was too quick on the draw when it came to Seasonal Runes,so I replaced it with a Floating Hopperhock Petit. When I found out that was grabbing Livingrock,I set it to ignore what's in the Item Frames on its inventory,and stuck Livingrock in said frame. It now works like a charm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cptqrk

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Ok..

ExU2 spikes either do loot or xp. I want both. What else kills and gives you both? I'd prefer player kill loot, too, but not super important. I don't want to add mob grinding utiks, as perfect as that might be, only because you can upgrade it to ridiculous proportions (looting 10!). I will add it as a last resort, but I'm hoping there's something in my cliche pack that will work.