Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
J

Jora123

Hi guys, sorry for my bad english, its not my native language. I have some issues with jei in ftb beyond 1.10.2. The mod doesn't showing a lot of recipes. Anyone know something about this?

Отправлено с моего SM-G925F через Tapatalk

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
@Cptqrk: TiCo smeltery is perfectly fine for ore doubling. Sounds like she's more of a builder than a technical type. My sister plays the same way.

RWTema was the guy behind the Peaceful Table. He's on Twitter if you can't get a hold of him any other way.

@Jora123: Beyond is no longer being updated, so you can go ahead and try manually updating versions to see if that helps. The compatibility for JEI was never really completed in 1.10, which is the big issue, and so you're kind of stuck with whatever the mod devs managed to do before leaving the version. 1.10 kind of got the short end of the stick, it was a strange place to stop while waiting for Mojang to stop on a version, but it was where a lot of mods were able to get themselves stabilized after the enforced re-write from 1.7 to 1.8. Most recipes will have to be looked up online if they're not in JEI. Though some can be found, but won't link in the correct way. It's very confusing.

Reactions: Jora123

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Hi guys, sorry for my bad english, its not my native language. I have some issues with jei in ftb beyond 1.10.2. The mod doesn't showing a lot of recipes. Anyone know something about this?

Отправлено с моего SM-G925F через Tapatalk
Can u explain the issue better(like what recipes?) ? it is hard to help without more information about the problem .

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
i swear i remember myself finding bones inside of an animal trap.As for a black dye , the flower from aa should work (if ore dict is a problem just add a conversion recipe that creates ink sac from ore dictionary black dye , of course botania would be far far more consistent for getting dyes
I'm definitely with you on the AA flower; didn't want to assume that mod was being used, but you're absolutely right - that would be an ideal solution! And light grey dye from flowers would probably work equally well.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
My people swear the days seem to be faster than usual. Are they crazy or do I have something in my pack that might let me adjust the day night cycle?

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
quick question currently playing modern skyblock 2 anyone know how to enable the mod name on items in the inventory as its my first 1.12 pack with a bunch of new mods its a pain not knowing what mod an item is from without looking it up in JEI

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing FTB Infinity Evolved and in Thaumcraft 4, it's my understanding that if you sneak on an arcane levitator, it will send you down instead of up. However, this doesn't seem to be the case at all. Any idea how to use arcane levitators to go down as well?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'm playing FTB Infinity Evolved and in Thaumcraft 4, it's my understanding that if you sneak on an arcane levitator, it will send you down instead of up. However, this doesn't seem to be the case at all. Any idea how to use arcane levitators to go down as well?

Not sure if you are thinking that they would work like an openblocks elevator, but they don't. Holding shift should prevent you from being levitated, and if you are up in the air already, you should gently float down to the levitator.

At least that's how I remember it....

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Shift just makes you stop going up. There wasn't really a down mechanic. Except moving away and falling off. I know Cover Jaguar didn't seem to find another way in his Dark Tower Series.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you are thinking that they would work like an openblocks elevator, but they don't. Holding shift should prevent you from being levitated, and if you are up in the air already, you should gently float down to the levitator.

At least that's how I remember it....

That's what I'm attempting to do, but it doesn't work at all.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to make it nighttime on command in 1.12? I vaguely remember coming across something besides Blood Magic's ritual (which obviously isn't available in 1.12 at the moment) that could, but don't remember what/where.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Is there a way to make it nighttime on command in 1.12? I vaguely remember coming across something besides Blood Magic's ritual (which obviously isn't available in 1.12 at the moment) that could, but don't remember what/where.

Fairly late game, but Draconic Evolution has an item that can change time of day and weather. A bit power hungry, but that's all I can think of.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
Does anyone know of any mods for 1.12.2 that let you start the game in the nether? My search engine skills have failed me, and I vaguely remember a mod that let you do it

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
ExU2 builders wand seems to be the creative builder's wand, on account of it just making blocks up and not taking any from your inventory. Anyone know of a fix? Or am I going to have to disable that recipe? I have better builder's wands, so it's ok, but I wanted that one because it's unbreakable.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
There is the normal one and the creative one, but the creative one is purple.

I know it used to work. This isn't the first time I've built one, so it's so weird. Only thing I can think of is that the mod creator made the mixup on the latest update or something. And if that's the case, I think all I can do is wait for another update.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Playing the Awakening mod pack: I went into the NEI options and assigned F7 as the hotkey for the mob spawn overlay, but pressing F7 does nothing. Is the overlay disabled in this modpack and is there a way to re-enable it?

I know that Awakening has Light Level Overlay Reloaded, but I much prefer NEI's overlay for simple readability.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Astral Sorcery.

I know it's quite visually stunning, but what items are it's "showcase" items? What does this mod do that others don't? What does this mod do better than others?

Basically, what do you play this mod for?